The Go-Bengals Top 10 Bengals of All Time

Purely on the field.  Whatever you may think about them as people, or announcers, leave it out.  I'd like to ge as much done as possible before Bengals.com releases their Top 10. so we need to do this quickly. :D

1 is obvious - Munoz.

2. I think it's Kenny Anderson, but if anyone disagrees we can argue about it at the same time as 3.

So, candidates for 3 (and the rest of the Top 10):

Boomer Esiason

Willie Anderson

Andrew Whitworth

AJ Green

Corey Dillon

Ken Riley

LeMar Parrish

Geno Atkins

David Fulcher

Tim Krumrie

Or if I am brain cramping, add your own as you....

Vote! First to 5.

Munoz

Anderson

Parrish

Isaac Curtis

Geno Atkins

Boomer

Tommy Casanova

Ocho

Green

Trumpy

Really got tough at the end.  Lots of guys that got left off....Whitworth, Willie Anderson, Dillon, James Brooks, Ken Riley, Krumrie, Fulcher,

11 hours ago, ValleyBengal said:

James Brooks? Carl Pickens (great WR despite shitty QBs)? Bob Johnson? Eddie Edwards? 

You might make be able to make an argument for Brooks, but I don't think any of the other guys are top 10 Bengals players.

Lemar Parrish because...

...Munoz is the only Bengal selected to more Pro Bowls than Lemar's 6 (Parrish was selected to 2 more as a Redskin)

...Held the NFL career record for return tds for 20 years until Deion Sanders broke his record in 1997.

...Has the highest single season punt return average since 1961.  His 18.8 average in '74 is the 8th highest in NFL history.

...Forty-seven career interceptions ranks in the top 50 all-time.

...ProFootballReference selected Parrish as a first team CB (along with Mel Blount) for their 1970's All-Decade Team

20 hours ago, schotzee said:

Ken Riley gets the edge with me over Lemarr bc he was a Bengal his entire career.

Takeo Spikes has same issue.  15 years in NFL, missed only 21 games but not here long enough to make this list.  Riley played here for 15 years, Parrish only 8. Parrish was a better player but Riley a better Bengal.

Trumpy was a 4x pro bowler and 1x All pro.  Has to be higher on list.

Dillon is obviously on this list whether you like him or not.  Read this to understand why.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/taylorblitztimes.com/2014/02/23/corey-dillon-belongs-in-the-hall-of-fame/amp/

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Takeo Spikes has same issue.  15 years in NFL, missed only 21 games but not here long enough to make this list.  Riley played here for 15 years, Parrish only 8. Parrish was a better player but Riley a better Bengal.

Dillon is obviously on this list whether you like him or not.  Read this to understand why.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/taylorblitztimes.com/2014/02/23/corey-dillon-belongs-in-the-hall-of-fame/amp/

Yes this is true. 

And yes, Dillon the football player was indeed awesome!

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

I don't agree that Parrish was a better player.  He was a great kick returner and a good CB.  Riley was totally underappreciated as a CB.  He was named all pro in 1983, his final year, at age 36!  Do you think he suddenly got better?  Nope.  65 interceptions.  5th all time.  Should be in HoF, but was a quiet guy and played on more than a few terrible teams.  Definitely #3.

I agree about Trumpy and Dillon.  

9 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I don't agree that Parrish was a better player.  He was a great kick returner and a good CB.  Riley was totally underappreciated as a CB.  He was named all pro in 1983, his final year, at age 36!  Do you think he suddenly got better?  Nope.  65 interceptions.  5th all time.  Should be in HoF, but was a quiet guy and played on more than a few terrible teams.  Definitely #3.

I agree about Trumpy and Dillon.  

Parrish was a 6X pro bowler as a Bengal which is pretty amazing given our small market status.  Still, I don't have a problem with Riley at 3.

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

Over the first six seasons of Trumpy's career he was arguably the best TE in the league.  From 1968 through 1973 Trumpy had only one less reception that the league leading TE Jackie Smith (216 to 217).  Trumpy had only 16 fewer yards than league leading TE Milt Marin (3420 to 3436), but Trumpy had as many receiving TDs (24) as Smith (10) and Marin (14) combined.  Trump's 15.8 yards per reception was also second in the league among TEs only 0.3 behind the leader.

Trump was an elite weapon for a long stretch.

Archived