Pacman suspended

On 7/21/2017 at 1:04 PM, omgdrdoom said:

Is it bad that part of me is happy he only got 1 game solely so I don't have to hear about how the league is out to get us? :lol:

ummmm nope...I get it... actually he's dumbass with anger issues, but I personally love his on-field intensity.. so anyway... grill me if you will.. I like him. lol

I am sorry, but I can not even figure out what the whiners are whining about in this thread.

Are they really pissed off because we did not make Leslie Frazier our head coach?  Who is the great head coach we had here on staff and passed over in the last 20 years?

2 hours ago, fredtoast said:

I am sorry, but I can not even figure out what the whiners are whining about in this thread.

Are they really pissed off because we did not make Leslie Frazier our head coach?  Who is the great head coach we had here on staff and passed over in the last 20 years?

Yes, we're all just super pissed off about a guy that nobody has mentioned in the thread.

The point is that we've had a lot of extremely talented coordinators or position coaches in recent memory that I would have liked to see the team take a chance with. I don't think Marvin should have been fired in the mid-2000s and I don't think he should have been let go after 2011-2012 either. However, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016 were a few times I wouldn't have given the team shit for going a different direction. You're welcome to feel differently but cut the whiner bullshit and the strawman arguments, they're pathetic.

It all goes back to Wyche/Shula and the most recent would be letting Vance and Hue go elsewhere. Go ahead and go off on an irrelevant tangent about how I'm whining just to whine and then bring up a bunch of Mike Zimmer and Hue Jackson's coaching stats that mean jack shit since they happened in entirely different scenarios than what those guys would have dealt with in Cincinnati. The fact is that we disagree about making some of these guys HC, but you don't have the proof that you think you do to "prove" how they aren't good coaches now or how Marvin is better. It's just my opinion, and my opinion is that I'd have given the following coaches a shot over Marvin: Hue, Gruden, Vance, Zimmer, and that's just guys on staff in the past 5 years off the top of my head.

45 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

letting Vance and Hue go elsewhere.

Go ahead and go off on an irrelevant tangent about how I'm whining  ...You're not. No one is.  That's just flame baiting.

And please don't feed the animals.  It not only encourages them but they senselessly counter your logic and insight with bullshit statistics that prove nothing.

45 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

And please don't feed the animals.  It not only encourages them but they senselessly counter your logic and insight with bullshit statistics that prove nothing.

Not a Hue Jackson fan? I don't think he's the best coach in the world, but I'd have rather seen what he can do with this team than Marvin for the however many-th time. Same with Gruden, he's not a Hall of Fame coach, but I think Gruden could have been an OK HC here, though I'd have preferred VJ, Hue, or Zimmer.

Maybe we'll be lucky enough to have Assistant Head Coach Paul Alexander take over once Marvin finally decides to leave :mellow:

8 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Not a Hue Jackson fan?

Wasn't addressed to me, but I'll say I'm not.  Too much hot air IMO.  He did draw up a good playbook but as far as calling those plays? He comes from the Bratfailski mindset of trying to trick your opponent & show how clever you are instead of simply lining up and running them over.  In pressure situations he would "get creative" instead of going with the boring but high-percentage play.  He's too concerned with his own rep.  In contrast I think part of what made Zimmer so good here was his willingness to back off and just play vanilla Cover 2 (or whatever) when the situation called for it.  Guenther struggles because he, too, is trying to reinvent the wheel & stand out.

I wouldn't have freaked out if they did make Hue the HC, but he's not who I wanted.  He hasn't exactly turned water into wine in Cleveland.

12 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Wasn't addressed to me, but I'll say I'm not.  Too much hot air IMO.  He did draw up a good playbook but as far as calling those plays? He comes from the Bratfailski mindset of trying to trick your opponent & show how clever you are instead of simply lining up and running them over.  In pressure situations he would "get creative" instead of going with the boring but high-percentage play.  He's too concerned with his own rep.  In contrast I think part of what made Zimmer so good here was his willingness to back off and just play vanilla Cover 2 (or whatever) when the situation called for it.  Guenther struggles because he, too, is trying to reinvent the wheel & stand out.

I wouldn't have freaked out if they did make Hue the HC, but he's not who I wanted.  He hasn't exactly turned water into wine in Cleveland.

I gotcha, I can respect that. I guess I'm looking at it as "do I think Hue Jackson or Marvin Lewis would have gotten more out of the 2016 Bengals?", and my answer is Hue on that. If we were putting every NFL HC, coordinator, and position coach in a giant pool and having a draft of them, sure, Hue wouldn't be in my top round of choices. Buuuuutttt, Hue was a guy that was actually here that could have been an upgrade (IMO) to what we already had in place. I don't think Hue's Browns are better than Marv's Bengals, but I think Hue would have done more with our roster.

6 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I'm looking at it as "do I think Hue Jackson or Marvin Lewis would have gotten more out of the 2016 Bengals?"

As far as that goes, if Cleveland fired him tomorrow I'd still roll the dice.  It would mean moving on from Marvin, which I think is sadly overdue. 

31 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I mostly agree with what you say.  I have always felt that Hue had a little too much "legend in his own mind" attitude.  Besides the 'creative genius' thing he had going on I thought there were times when he had a good game plan he would abandon it the first time it didn't work.  I just felt he was worried about his rep but he really lacked confidence in his ability.

If you check the written record that same thing was talked about in Oakland.

As far as a replacement I am all for fresh ideas, thinking and attitude.  Nothing against Marvin and Company but no holdovers... let the new guy in with his own staff and direction.

4 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

Nothing against Marvin and Company but no holdovers... let the new guy in with his own staff and direction.

That's the thing, it'd take someone with serious clout to get the Browns to do that.  I'm not too sure they're willing to do that, ever.  You think Marvin hasn't tried to scrape Assistant Head Coach Paul Alexander off the hull?

On 7/24/2017 at 5:36 PM, T-Dub said:

Not even Jesus can do that with that trainwreck of a franchise. They are us twenty years ago. I completely agree about Hue and some of his ridiculous playcalling in obvious situations. I have always been a firm believer in physical offensive football over finesse. "You know what we're going to do, and WE know that YOU KNOW, and we're going to do it anyway because you can't stop it!"

17 hours ago, westside bengal said:

I have noticed that it is always criminals bringing up the subject "quick to judge"

Wrong.  I am no criminal and I told everyone all along they were being stupid to jump to conclusions.

But I have noticed that it is always self rightous ass holes who refuse to admit they were wrong when they were too quick to judge.

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

Wrong.  I am no criminal and I told everyone all along they were being stupid to jump to conclusions.

But I am a self righteous asshole who refuses to admit when I am wrong.

Except there was no jumping to conclusions since Pacman was caught on tape being a drunken dumbass.

And I fixt your 2nd sentence.

9 hours ago, westside bengal said:

Except there was no jumping to conclusions since Pacman was caught on tape being a drunken dumbass

For the 100th time. I think that's more the issue for most people. This isn't some 20-something rook we're talking about

21 hours ago, westside bengal said:

Except there was no jumping to conclusions since Pacman was caught on tape being a drunken dumbass.

And I fixt your 2nd sentence.

Do I really have to go back and bring up all the post of fans squealing about "every other team" would have cut Adam immediately for assaulting the guy at the hotel and spitting on the police officer?

I can if you want to play this game.

Archived