The Redeemer Speaketh!

UncleEarl

On 7/26/2017 at 9:39 PM, kennethmw said:

Sorry, but that's Bullshit.  Kaepernick's skills haven't eroded, his actions pissed off a lot of rednecks who believe 'Murica is 1930's Munich.

If he was an elite QB he would be on a roster right now. Way to bring up the holocaust though. you are awesome. 

2 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Truth hurts, doesn't it.

Your perception of "the truth" doesn't mean you're right,  just as the "rednecks who believe 'Murica is 1930's Munich" aren't right either.

Many believe he wasn't a good QB BEFORE his protest, so does that make them racist as well?

Can't have it both ways, and as sure as there are racist assholes in this world, it's just as sure that there are those who are not racist... they just disagree with you.

i guess you have to go back two seasons...

Were Taz and Pac the only reason we made the playoffs? Because between the both of them they sure cost us a playoff win. Depending on how you see that day, that season, probably has a lot to do with how you feel about the Bengals fascination with problem children.

Mixon was the far and away best talent in the second? Then why did so many other teams pass on him? Why did he fall to us?

Burfict is already hitting guys in non-contact drills and starting fights in camp. IMO, his suspension is a big reason we started slow last year. He came back fat and slow, because he's not a high character guy.

And those "cheap" damaged goods are costing us a lot now. Their bargain years are over, and now we have liabilities on the field that cost big money. $14 Mil this year for a guy who can't spend the off-season not getting arrested? Who won't stop making an ass out of himself to the refs every game? How many 15 yard penalties did he give up last year by being an idiot?

There are times when the strategy has worked for the Bengals, Dunlap being a shining example. Ahmad Brooks turned into a fine player after we got rid of him. But the Odells, the Chris Henrys, the AJ Nicholsons... Off the top of my head I'd say that it's 75% of the time these guys turn out to be just what everyone thought they were.

And it's correct to say that Mike Brown doesn't care if it doesn't affect his bottom line. It's also fair to say that if the fan's don't care, it will never affect Mike Brown's bottom line. Bit of a chicken/egg situation there.

http://www.theonion.com/article/nfl-fines-pacman-jones-for-not-tucking-gun-into-pa-6326

2 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

Your perception of "the truth" doesn't mean you're right,  just as the "rednecks who believe 'Murica is 1930's Munich" aren't right either.

Many believe he wasn't a good QB BEFORE his protest, so does that make them racist as well?

Can't have it both ways, and as sure as their are racist assholes in this world, it's just as sure that there are those who are not racist... they just disagree with you.

True.  But let's be honest, there are 64 1st and 2nd string QB's in the league and a kid that led his team to two NFC championship games, one Super Bowl and that played on arguably the worst team in the league last year but had a 4 to 1 TD to int ratio ain't one of them?

That's YOUR honest.... while I also believe that he's being blackballed by MOST of the league, we can't say that it's all of them.

I am one of those that never saw him as a good QB, athletic as hell and lucky, but I would say he's 2nd tier at best.

I wouldn't want him over Dalton or McCarron honestly, but then there are the many teams that NEED a QB and don't have anyone worth a damn... THEY are blackballing him.

Sad too, freedom of speech shouldn't cause you to lose your job... but we all know the truth about that.

On 7/31/2017 at 10:20 AM, LostInDaJungle said:

Check the link. The nurse in the latest incident dropped the charges after Jones settled with her financially. (About $250K if I remember correctly)

On 7/31/2017 at 10:39 AM, USN Bengal said:

and he donated that money to the nurse because he is sooooo thankful of her caring nature and the job she always performs...

He never paid her anything as far as I can tell.

But i do remember the District Attorney being upset with Nurse Hopkins.  She complained when he was deciding to dismiss the case because it would interfer with her ability to kilk Jones for more money.

2 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

And it's correct to say that Mike Brown doesn't care if it doesn't affect his bottom line. It's also fair to say that if the fan's don't care, it will never affect Mike Brown's bottom line. Bit of a chicken/egg situation there.

http://www.theonion.com/article/nfl-fines-pacman-jones-for-not-tucking-gun-into-pa-6326

This.

In the case of Kaepernick a lot of fans care.  In this case they shouldn't, but they do.  Should an owner take a financial hit to sign a backup QB? 

3 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Were Taz and Pac the only reason we made the playoffs? Because between the both of them they sure cost us a playoff win.

How about Jeremy Hill shouldn't have fumbled the ball on the final possession, or, perhaps Marvin Lewis should have just taken three knees instead of handing the ball off at all...we would have punted and planted the Steelers deep with about 30-40 seconds left and no timeouts.

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

But i do remember the District Attorney being upset with Nurse Hopkins.  She complained when he was deciding to dismiss the case because it would interfer with her ability to kilk Jones for more money.

I'll bet that you were a defense attorney for the Nazi's in a former life too... and you really thought they were innocent of genocide because there were no witnesses that would speak up.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if they can't speak, you can't bust!

Go for it Johnny Cochrane the 1st!

22 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

OK, went back and looked...there was 1:30 left when Hill fumbled. But still...they had no timeouts. We should have kneeled all three plays.

They would've found a way to hand Shitsburgh the game regardless.  Their entire go-ahead drive was penalties.

16 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

They would've found a way to hand Shitsburgh the game regardless.  Their entire go-ahead drive was penalties.

This is why (in hindsight, alas) with a team and fanbase that's emotionally fragile and a head coach not known for handling high pressure situations well, we should have actually played it safe there and put our defense back on the field to face at least an 80 yard drive from the Steelers whom had no timeouts and just over a minute to get into field goal range. Dammit, that game still has the power to make me angry! True story: my son and I (the website killer, now 15 years old and a HUGE Bengals fan, God bless 'em!) were watching this game together. If you guys recall, it didn't start well. We were sitting on the couch watching the TV. As the second half progressed, we grabbed chairs and sat in front of the couch/coffee table to be closer to the TV set. We just kept inching closer, and closer...soon our noses would be pressed against the screen! 

Then the Vontaze INT happened, and we both leapt out of our chairs and attempted an in-air, white boy high five as we leapt simultaneously. Being white and consequently not able to jump, we whiffed on the high five and I came down awkwardly and rolled my left ankle...then fell right into the middle of the coffee table like Matt Foley on SNL and all the legs of the table collapsed. I lay there, feeling the pain, then jumped up and said something like "Fuck it! WE'VE WON OUR FIRST PLAYOFF GAME SINCE FOREVER!". I was literally crying I was so emotionally jacked. Then the rest happened, and my son and I, noses still close to the screen, were like :o:o:o:o as we faced each other. The game ended, we lost, and I wept some more as I lamented the loss of my awesome coffee table. Had they won, I would have made a burn pit and set it afire and danced around it like an idiot. As it was, it just went out to the trash.

Cool story, bro.

2 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

we both leapt out of our chairs and attempted an in-air, white boy high five as we leapt simultaneously. Being white and consequently not able to jump, we whiffed on the high five and I came down awkwardly and rolled my left ankle...then fell right into the middle of the coffee table like Matt Foley on SNL and all the legs of the table collapsed.

That fits the WC game perfectly. 

To clarify: I misremembered the Steelers timeout situation. They had all of their timeouts but had we kneeled out the offensive series they would have been forced to use them while on defense, and then wouldn't have had any for their subsequent offensive drive.

7 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Truth hurts, doesn't it.

I am not going to get into a political debate with you. Your comparison was innacurate and disrespectful to the people that actually lived/died during that era. We get enough of that junk from the shitheads on both sides. We don't really need it here in a football forum. 

Just now, Ron~Popeil said:

I am not going to get into a political debate with you. Your comparison was innacurate and disrespectful to the people that actually lived/died during that era. We get enough of that junk from the shitheads on both sides. We don't really need it here in a football forum. 

Bro, you can always put me on ignore.  And my comparison was neither inaccurate or disrespectful.  

3 hours ago, Bunghole said:

OK, went back and looked...there was 1:30 left when Hill fumbled. But still...they had no timeouts. We should have kneeled all three plays.

Just goes to show you the Bengals had multiple players that were teed up and ready to piss the game away.  Hill, Burfict and Jones plus a HC that finds a way to lose.  These facts excuse none of them.  They are all to blame.

I remember the onside kick from NFC championship game a couple of years ago.  The Green Bay player who fumbled the kick was supposed to block so Jordy Nelson could recover the kick.  He didnt do his job and was released before the next season.

Some teams hold their players accountable and some don't. 

6 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Sigh... This is getting boring. It was the #1 link on Google for "adam jones settlement".

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/adam-jones-felony-charge-in-doubt-with-settlement-021217

But now, according to WLWT.com, the most major charge against Jones could be dropped. The nurse he allegedly spit on appears to be trying to reach a settlement with the Bengals’ star cornerback, but one that won’t come cheap. Reports are that she aims to get $200,000.

Sorry I was off by $50K.

I guess you're implying that since we don't have the actual cancelled check that there was no settlement?  Child please. 

The more Jones fucks up, the more MB gets to feel like a Very Good Person for not firing him.  So long as he keeps playing OK and doesn't do anything too terrible, it's win-win.  Besides which, the Bengals are thugs as far as the ESPNFL is concerned, with or without him.  Somebody has to be the thugs so they can punish one team & ignore the rest.

Archived