The Redeemer Speaketh!

UncleEarl

3 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

11 of the 12 were under the minimum pressure allowed by the NFL.

2 PSI is a very significant amount when the minimum is 12.5.  That is a 16% difference.

11 of the 12 weren't 2 PSI under.

Like I said, 1 was. The others were "a few ticks under". The initial report was incorrect but everyone seems to run with that.

8 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Like I said, 1 was. The others were "a few ticks under". The initial report was incorrect but everyone seems to run with that.

Where is your link that it was only one?

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4782561/timeline-of-events-for-deflategate-tom-brady

Also, assuming you followed the story (not sure since you were running with the fake news of 11 balls 2 PSI under), 3 of the 4 Colts balls were a few ticks under PSI regulations according to 1 of the 2 gauges used. They "didn't have time" to test the other Colts balls (wonder why if it only takes a minute?), and they also tried to disregard the gauge that showed the Colts balls underinflated as well.

But I'm sure that's those dastardly fucking Patriots' fault too.

2 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

That's cool. I didn't know that. Like I said , I still believe they would have crushed them.Also a little fishy that Brady along with Manning are the 2 that lobbied for teams to use their own balls.

3 minutes ago, schotzee said:

That's cool. I didn't know that. Like I said , I still believe they would have crushed them.Also a little fishy that Brady along with Manning are the 2 that lobbied for teams to use their own balls.

It's all good. This is just a topic that gets me pissed because of the lack of information out there to the general public. "11 OF THE 12 BALLS 2 PSI UNDER!!!!" will be on a billboard but then the retraction is in fine print on the 8th page of the local newspaper. It took the one douche bag over 100 days to delete his inaccurate Tweet claiming that 11 of the balls were 2 PSI underinflated lol.

I think what the Colts organization did was FAR worse than what the Patriots have done, yet the Pats are labeled "the cheatriots" by all of the casual NFL fans running around. Intentionally throwing an entire season of professional football games is a HUGE deal, where as underinflating a few footballs by a couple ticks and taping some signals in an almost legal but not quite legal way...that stuff ain't really a big deal and it got blown up in the media. The Colts should have had their 1st round pick taken for that "suck for Luck" bullshit.

2 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

What difference does it make.  They were under the league minimum and that is against the rules.

4 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Incompetence on Kraft's part, not Goodell.  Kraft and Brady were the ones who thought they could go to court and win everything, and they turned out to be wrong.

Sure, Kraft trusted Goodell.  Bad decision.  How was Brady wrong?  He told Goodell to pound sand.  Admitting to cheating would have forever tarnished his reputation.  If you think the media will ever let go of anything, see Pete Rose.  Sure, Brady sat out 4 games.  So what?  He is more popular than ever and continues to win.  All Brady has to say is, "It isn't my fault the NFLPA bargained away our right to due process." 

7 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

What difference does it make.  They were under the league minimum and that is against the rules.

What difference does it make? Are you serious right now? Being 2 PSI under is a red flag. Being a couple of ticks under could easily be attributed to science. 3 of the 4 Colts balls tested were a few ticks under the proper PSI as well, likely due to the weather, just like the Pats other 10 "underinflated" balls.

So again, yes, 1 ball was 2 PSI underinflated which is against the rules and "cheating". Just like driving 1 MPH over the speed limit is technically against the law but hardly a horrible offense. This is exactly why I call it a witch hunt. People don't give a shit about anything but "PATS CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

I think what the Colts organization did was FAR worse than what the Patriots have done, yet the Pats are labeled "the cheatriots" by all of the casual NFL fans running around. Intentionally throwing an entire season of professional football games is a HUGE deal, where as underinflating a few footballs by a couple ticks and taping some signals in an almost legal but not quite legal way...that stuff ain't really a big deal and it got blown up in the media. The Colts should have had their 1st round pick taken for that "suck for Luck" bullshit.

Typical logic of Patriot fans.

"We just cheated a little so it really isn't cheating."

What a joke.  Why did the Patriots go to the trouble of breaking the rules if it really made not difference?  Why risk the punishment if it did not improve their chances of winning?

The fact is they have gotten busted cheating multiple times.  They 100% deserve the label of cheaters.  And if they had not believed they were above the law when busted deflating balls they would not have gotten punished as harshly.  Instead they made themselves look worse by trying to lie out of it.

11 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Sure, Kraft trusted Goodell.  Bad decision.  How was Brady wrong?  He told Goodell to pound sand.  Admitting to cheating would have forever tarnished his reputation.  If you think the media will ever let go of anything, see Pete Rose.  Sure, Brady sat out 4 games.  So what?  He is more popular than ever and continues to win.  All Brady has to say is, "It isn't my fault the NFLPA bargained away our right to due process." 

Brady is just popular with the people who already liked him.  To everyone else he looks worse for trying to lie about it.  If he had just admitted to it from the beginning then he would not have to explain why he called the equipment manager "the deflator".

3 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Typical logic of Patriot fans.

"We just cheated a little so it really isn't cheating."

What a joke.  Why did the Patriots go to the trouble of breaking the rules if it really made not difference?  Why risk the punishment if it did not improve their chances of winning?

The fact is they have gotten busted cheating multiple times.  They 100% deserve the label of cheaters.  And if they had not believed they were above the law when busted deflating balls they would not have gotten punished as harshly.  Instead they made themselves look worse by trying to lie out of it.

Typical logic of a defense attorney.

Squeal and cry on a message board when people don't care about the facts about certain topics but then completely ignore facts on other topics.

12 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

So again, yes, 1 ball was 2 PSI underinflated which is against the rules and "cheating". Just like driving 1 MPH over the speed limit is technically against the law but hardly a horrible offense. This is exactly why I call it a witch hunt. People don't give a shit about anything but "PATS CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

2 lbs is a 16% difference.

One mile over the speed limit is less than 2%.

It would be like your wife saying "I didn't fuck 12 guys.  I only fucked one.  And his dick wasn't really that big."  Then she calls your discovery that she was cheating a "witch hunt" and claims her unmarried friend did something worse by fucking a bunch of other single men.

Just now, fredtoast said:

Brady is just popular with the people who already liked him.  To everyone else he looks worse for trying to lie about it.  If he had just admitted to it from the beginning then he would not have to explain why he called the equipment manager "the deflator".

Haha.   You go ahead and believe that.  The rings and national endorsements scream otherwise. 

If he actually did direct the deflating of balls, which isn't rock solid anyway, no way he should admit to anything.  The press, and the people who watch ESPN and NFL Network constantly, will never let it go.  Every time they need to stir the pot and get some ratings the story would come back.  Just like Pete betting on baseball.  "Admit it and you can move on."  Haha.  Sucker.  They never move on if there is a buck to be made.  I'm not a big Brady fan, but I would tell Goodell and the media to FO all day.  Prove it, you leeches.  The misinformation out there about deflategate is Exhibit 1 on how you can't trust the media.  You will get the truth that makes a good story, but if the truth doesn't make a good story we won't have time for it.

Just now, fredtoast said:

It would be like your wife saying "I didn't fuck 12 guys.  I only fucked one.  And his dick wasn't really that big."  Then she calls your discovery that she was cheating a "witch hunt" and claims her unmarried friend did something worse by fucking a bunch of other single men.

I was correcting someone using fake facts. Aren't you usually squealing and crying when people don't use the correct facts?

All that I said was that it was only 1 ball that was under 2 PSI, not 11. I corrected that and you say "what difference does it make" LOL well I'll be sure to use that same line the next time you cry about people making stuff up about Pacman. What difference does it make? He's still a fucking criminal because of his past, right?? Who cares if he didn't really spit on the nurse, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE??? 

54 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

If he actually did direct the deflating of balls, which isn't rock solid anyway, no way he should admit to anything.  The press, and the people who watch ESPN and NFL Network constantly, will never let it go.  Every time they need to stir the pot and get some ratings the story would come back.

You mean like they way everyone is still talking about Dez Bryant's domest assault charges?

Oh wait, no one mentions those anymore even though he plays for one one of the most media-scrutinized teams in the league.  But I guarantee you that if he had tried to lie his way out of it and drug it out three years by taking it to court and losing people would still be on his case about it.

Pete Rose lost nothing by admitting to gambling.  In fact the only reason anyone supports him for the Hall of Fame now is because he admitted to what he did wrong.  No one would be in his corner now if he had tried to lie his way out of it and lost in court.

59 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

All that I said was that it was only 1 ball that was under 2 PSI, not 11. I corrected that and you say "what difference does it make" LOL well I'll be sure to use that same line the next time you cry about people making stuff up about Pacman. What difference does it make? He's still a fucking criminal because of his past, right?? Who cares if he didn't really spit on the nurse, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE??? 

The difference between spitting on a nurse and not spitting on a nurse is the difference between committing a felony and not committing a felony.  We are not talking about a difference between "stabbing" and "hitting".  Instead we are talking about guilt or innocence.

However there is NO difference between a ball being 2 lbs under the league minimum and "a little" under the league minimum because they are BOTH CHEATING.

Understand now?

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

Lol. You mean she fucked 11 but only 1 had a big dick!! 

8 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

If anything, James Harrison has been treated more unfairly by the NFL than Burfict has, does that mean the NFL is biased against the Stealers? No, I don't believe so. Burfict has a target on his back due to his aggressive play and his short fuse, not because the NFL has an unwarranted bias. Same with Harrison, the dude is fined constantly, "randomly" drug tested constantly, and the guy got fucking suspended for tackling a QB "too hard" lmfao.

I have to take a bit of an issue with this statement about Harrison. If that dick wasn't constantly trying to spear someone and would quit using his helmet as a weapon, he'd get a lot less grief. Plus, he plays for a favored franchise.

4 hours ago, fredtoast said:

You mean like they way everyone is still talking about Dez Bryant's domest assault charges?

Oh wait, no one mentions those anymore even though he plays for one one of the most media-scrutinized teams in the league.  But I guarantee you that if he had tried to lie his way out of it and drug it out three years by taking it to court and losing people would still be on his case about it.

Pete Rose lost nothing by admitting to gambling.  In fact the only reason anyone supports him for the Hall of Fame now is because he admitted to what he did wrong.  No one would be in his corner now if he had tried to lie his way out of it and lost in court.

Crimes and cheating aren't the same thing.  We seem to forgive crimes constantly.  The list is long.

What cheaters are forgiven by the press?  Gamblers are assumed cheaters.  Name one.

When the heck was Pete Rose ever taken to court about betting on baseball?  He finally fessed up hoping it would help his chances.  The media played it up like it would.  No dice.  It had nothing to do with court.  The only sane reason anyone would support Rose for the HOF is because of his exploits on the field.  He is a total trainwreck off the field, but man was he the truth on it.

Archived