The Redeemer Speaketh!

UncleEarl

4 hours ago, fredtoast said:

The difference between spitting on a nurse and not spitting on a nurse is the difference between committing a felony and not committing a felony.  We are not talking about a difference between "stabbing" and "hitting".  Instead we are talking about guilt or innocence.

However there is NO difference between a ball being 2 lbs under the league minimum and "a little" under the league minimum because they are BOTH CHEATING.

Understand now?

It's not cheating unless someone from the Patriots deliberately deflated the ball. 

Just read the wiki page about deflategate.  You might want to do that.  It's a weak.  "more probable than not."  Ha.  You can believe what you want, but there is not solid evidence that anything was done to those balls. 

16 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

16 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

It's not cheating unless someone from the Patriots deliberately deflated the ball. 

Just read the wiki page about deflategate.  You might want to do that.  It's a weak.  "more probable than not."  Ha.  You can believe what you want, but there is not solid evidence that anything was done to those balls. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Brady along with Manning wanted their own personal balls. Hmm. I wonder why?!

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

What cheaters are forgiven by the press?  Gamblers are assumed cheaters.  Name one.

Press elected Gaylord Perry into the Baseball Hall of Fame even though he wrote a book bragging about throwing a spitball.

Press voted Brian Cushing NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year after testing positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Press has voted Belichick Coach of the Year twice since Spygate.

Andy Pettit was forgiven for using steroids because he admitted it.

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

It's a weak.  "more probable than not."  Ha.  You can believe what you want, but there is not solid evidence that anything was done to those balls. 

Only if you use your own definition of "solid evidence".  What do you say about the text messages where the Patriots locker room attendant calls himself "the deflator" and the teams equipment manager offers to provide him with a needle to deflate balls?

BTW in civil courts in this country "more probable than not" can make you responsible to pay millions of dollars in damages.

13 hours ago, fredtoast said:

The difference between spitting on a nurse and not spitting on a nurse is the difference between committing a felony and not committing a felony.  We are not talking about a difference between "stabbing" and "hitting".  Instead we are talking about guilt or innocence.

However there is NO difference between a ball being 2 lbs under the league minimum and "a little" under the league minimum because they are BOTH CHEATING.

Understand now?

I understand perfectly fine, let's see if you do. 

The difference between 2 PSI and a few tenths is the difference between a guy having to physically deflate a football and the ideal gas law that would easily allow small amounts of gas to dissipate depending on the weather. The same fucking reason 3 of the 4 Colts balls also tested a small amount under the limit until they "ran out of time" to test the other 8.

So yes, if people are spreading misinformation about it being 11 out of 12 balls 2 PSI under instead of 1 out of 12 balls, I'm going to correct it because then it looks much worse for the Pats if people run with the fake news that a hack reporter put out during deflategate. 

All this time I figured you'd be the one guy making sure the correct facts were being used but I forgot you only do that about your bff Smackman Jones. 

8 hours ago, schotzee said:

Brady along with Manning wanted their own personal balls. Hmm. I wonder why?!

Honestly, I do believe Brady was up to something due to one of the most hilarious moments I can remember in sports, but I'm not sold on everything he's been accused of. 

Does anyone remember when they found out that Tom Brady destroyed his cell phone and he claimed that he "always does that" with his old phones and just happened to get rid of that phone recently LOL I can't help but laugh now thinking about it. Yeah, I usually get a new phone every month or so and then smash my old one in the back yard afterwards too, especially when I'm in the middle of being investigated. Tom is a fucking riot with that. 

All of the misinformation being spread about the case just reeked of them trying to bring the hammer down on the Pats but in the end it just made a lot more people look really bad. Did the Patriots "cheat"? Probably. Was it proven or did they go about presenting the case the correct way? Lolno. 

7 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Press elected Gaylord Perry into the Baseball Hall of Fame even though he wrote a book bragging about throwing a spitball.

Press voted Brian Cushing NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year after testing positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Press has voted Belichick Coach of the Year twice since Spygate.

Andy Pettit was forgiven for using steroids because he admitted it.

If you actually follow baseball you would know that spitballs were generally accepted, if you could get away with it.  Not the same as gambling or steroids.

PEDs are rampant in football.  The league has made little to no effort to stop them.  Not the same.

Spygate and Deflategate are weak as hell media shows that draw attention to the NFL. 

Call me when Pettitte gets in the HOF.  Less PEDs he would be a lock.

7 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Only if you use your own definition of "solid evidence".  What do you say about the text messages where the Patriots locker room attendant calls himself "the deflator" and the teams equipment manager offers to provide him with a needle to deflate balls?

BTW in civil courts in this country "more probable than not" can make you responsible to pay millions of dollars in damages.

"In several texts between Jastremski and McNally, the two mention and joke about inflation, deflation, needles, and gifts from Tom Brady to McNally. Tom Brady was a constant reference point in these discussions. McNally referred to himself as "the deflator" in a text message to Jastremski as far back as May 2014.[14]:75"

As I said, you can believe what you want.  If this is the smoking gun to you, ok.  BTW....these guys have to have needles to actually inflate the balls.  It's obvious the NFL wasn't taking any measures to make sure it was done properly.  They may have done it, but the evidence is weak as hell.  Sure, a shitty civil court jury may have agreed, but the civil court system in the US in a whole other topic I'm not even going to comment about any further.

14 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

BTW....these guys have to have needles to actually inflate the balls.  

Wrong.  McNally was a locker room attendant not an equipment manager.  But he was the one who carried the balls to the field and took them into the restroom with him.  The reason there were texts between him and the equipment manager about supplying a needle was because locker room attendants didn't have a needle to inflate or deflate the balls.

36 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Wrong.  McNally was a locker room attendant not an equipment manager.  But he was the one who carried the balls to the field and took them into the restroom with him.  The reason there were texts between him and the equipment manager about supplying a needle was because locker room attendants didn't have a needle to inflate or deflate the balls.

What?  Do you think inflating footballs is so important that the equipment manager has to do it?  Does it require special training? 

Like I said, you can believe what you want, but even considering the texts there is not solid evidence the footballs were tampered with.  The NFL's data and interpretation on "ideal gas law" has been debunked.  All this BS over footballs that may have a pound less pressure than the Colts.  Yet, they only tested 4 of the Colts balls.  Why?  Were the rest their balls the ones with 11.x lbs of pressure?  So many holes in this case.  It's a bunch of nothing. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

What?  Do you think inflating footballs is so important that the equipment manager has to do it?  Does it require special training? 

Like I said, you can believe what you want, but even considering the texts there is not solid evidence the footballs were tampered with.  The NFL's data and interpretation on "ideal gas law" has been debunked.  All this BS over footballs that may have a pound less pressure than the Colts.  Yet, they only tested 4 of the Colts balls.  Why?  Were the rest their balls the ones with 11.x lbs of pressure?  So many holes in this case.  It's a bunch of nothing. 

Thanks for giving me permission to believe what I want to.

The undisputed facts are that the Patriot balls tested at halftime had much less pressure than the Colts balls and the measurements varied by a much larger degree.  The argument about "ideal gas law" is tangential to the argument and experts have weighed in on both sides.

What proves the case to me is that McNally (who took the balls into the restroom with him} called himself "the deflator" and AFTER the NFL requested to see the texts between McNally and Brady on Brady's phone Brady intentionally destroyed it.  He did not just get a new phone.  He completely destroyed the one the NFL wanted to see.

I will give you my permission to believe whatever you want, but your claims that there is no evidence that Brady was involved in deflating balls is completely false.  You just wish to ignore it.

4 hours ago, fredtoast said:

What proves the case to me is that McNally (who took the balls into the restroom with him} called himself "the deflator" and AFTER the NFL requested to see the texts between McNally and Brady on Brady's phone Brady intentionally destroyed it.  He did not just get a new phone.  He completely destroyed the one the NFL wanted to see.

I will give you my permission to believe whatever you want, but your claims that there is no evidence that Brady was involved in deflating balls is completely false.  You just wish to ignore it.

At first glance it looks bad that Brady destroyed his phone.  Then again, if he had texts to McNally or Jastremski wouldn't that have been on their phones as well?  They found the texts between McNally and Jastremski, why didn't they find texts from Brady?  Maybe Brady had something else on the phone he didn't want anyone to see.  I'm sure you can think of a few things he might want to hide.

Here are the reported ball inflation readings.  Why only 4 balls for the Colts?  These guys trying to give the NFL what they want? Circumstantial?  Sure.  Just like Brady's phone.

Patriots ball Blakeman Prioleau
#1 11.50 11.80
#2 10.85 11.20
#3 11.15 11.50
#4 10.70 11.00
#5 11.10 11.45
#6 11.60 11.95
#7 11.85 12.30
#8 11.10 11.55
#9 10.95 11.35
#10 10.50 10.90
#11 10.90 11.35

Colts ball Blakeman Prioleau
1 12.70 12.35
2 12.75 12.30
3* 12.50 12.95
4 12.55 12.15

I never said there was no evidence of deflated footballs.  I said the evidence was weak with plenty of holes in it to the point where it's really a joke. 

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

At first glance it looks bad that Brady destroyed his phone.  Then again, if he had texts to McNally or Jastremski wouldn't that have been on their phones as well?  They found the texts between McNally and Jastremski, why didn't they find texts from Brady?  Maybe Brady had something else on the phone he didn't want anyone to see.  I'm sure you can think of a few things he might want to hide.

Here are the reported ball inflation readings.  Why only 4 balls for the Colts?  These guys trying to give the NFL what they want? Circumstantial?  Sure.  Just like Brady's phone.

Patriots ball Blakeman Prioleau
#1 11.50 11.80
#2 10.85 11.20
#3 11.15 11.50
#4 10.70 11.00
#5 11.10 11.45
#6 11.60 11.95
#7 11.85 12.30
#8 11.10 11.55
#9 10.95 11.35
#10 10.50 10.90
#11 10.90 11.35

Colts ball Blakeman Prioleau
1 12.70 12.35
2 12.75 12.30
3* 12.50 12.95
4 12.55 12.15

I never said there was no evidence of deflated footballs.  I said the evidence was weak with plenty of holes in it to the point where it's really a joke. 

Are you for real with this? Why would the NFL care if he was dicking another woman? Or guy? Not exactly sure where you were going with this.

Just now, schotzee said:

Are you for real with this? Why would the NFL care if he was dicking another woman? Or guy? Not exactly sure where you were going with this.

They wouldn't, but if you are Tom Brady and that, or something else inappropriate, is on your phone are you going to take the chance that it gets leaked?  No f'n way.  It's not like he could destroy evidence of texts to those locker room guys.  It would be on their phones as well.  There has to be another reason he destroyed the phone.

Archived