Florio starts already

Hey all - been reading here for years, thought I'd finally chime in. Over at the Stealer's propaganda headquarters, Florio has posted the first shot at Burdick of the season (as far as I know). I'm hoping this link will work so you can enjoy his handy work. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/01/vontaze-burfict-hits-gio-bernard-low-scuffle-ensues/

I really believe all these guys are scared to death of him (rightfully so) and like our politicians can only try to paint him as the bad guy.

I love it - looking for a big year from this team.

profootball talk.html

Needs to harness his anger? What a shit piece. There were two or three other scuffles around the league that day. No real details though. They were just blowing off steam. But it happens at Bengals camp and here come the discipline problems again.  Speaking of double standards, I haven't been hearing about discipline problems in the org in Dallas despite half of their team being in trouble. Again. They have actually been described as a model org during the non-stop training camp coverage on the NFL network.

19 minutes ago, saphead said:

Jesus fucking Christ I saw all the outrage on twitter and then I saw the actual video where he tackled Gio around the waist. Nothing to see here as fucking usual. 

Haters. Fans of teams that wish they had Burdock are bashing him. My teenage son can't wait to wear his 55 to family day on Saturday.

I get that not hitting QB's on your own team in practice is a good policy, and so is not tackling a RB in his first contact practice by the legs. But wrapping someone up by the legs is a textbook tackle. It's not like he intentionally dove at his knees or something. Much ado about nothing, IMO. Burfict made a mistake and was corrected. But to me it shows how hard he really plays. Again, for better or worse. He's our Steelers bully and we love him for that because they hate and fear him. And they wish he was on their team. If he was, he'd be getting accolades for how intense he plays "Good Stiller Futbawl" and all that jazz.

Why are people arguing about whether he was tackled by the legs or the waist?

Did everyone miss the fact that this was a NON-TACKLING DRILL? That's kind of why this was a big deal and the position coaches were pissed and why the scuffle happened. Nothing to do with Gio's legs or arms or feet or dick. He wasn't supposed to be tackled in general. Nothing less, nothing more. However...

NFL media does run wild with anything Burdock related. He is literally Satan if he touches someone. Lawson tackled Mixon in the same non-tackle drills and Smackman drilled Tyler Boyd on the same day of camp but what makes news headlines? BURDOCK THE SERIAL KILLER!!!1!!!!!! The team was 100% correct in being upset by Burfict tackling someone when he wasn't supposed to, the media was 100% not correct by acting like he was targeting Gio's knees.

13 hours ago, whodey365 said:

According to Guenther, Burfict slipped coming through the hole. Also Gio and Taze were joking on the sideline after. Big stink over nothing. 

Yea, Gio admitted the same thing. Must have seen the incident better on replay or something?!

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

Why are people arguing about whether he was tackled by the legs or the waist?

Did everyone miss the fact that this was a NON-TACKLING DRILL? That's kind of why this was a big deal and the position coaches were pissed and why the scuffle happened. Nothing to do with Gio's legs or arms or feet or dick. He wasn't supposed to be tackled in general. Nothing less, nothing more. However...

NFL media does run wild with anything Burdock related. He is literally Satan if he touches someone. Lawson tackled Mixon in the same non-tackle drills and Smackman drilled Tyler Boyd on the same day of camp but what makes news headlines? BURDOCK THE SERIAL KILLER!!!1!!!!!! The team was 100% correct in being upset by Burfict tackling someone when he wasn't supposed to, the media was 100% not correct by acting like he was targeting Gio's knees.

Great post. The other scuffles in the league were just scuffles, but this had NFL enemy #1 involved. Why the need to pile on like that? Is there any player that has gotten so much negative coverage recently? 

And why does the media think he would try to take out his own player? They must think he is that stupid, that out of control or both.

8 hours ago, Hooky said:

Great post. The other scuffles in the league were just scuffles, but this had NFL enemy #1 involved. Why the need to pile on like that?

The NFL has to appear to be cracking down on player injuries in order to claim "due diligence" and avoid a crippling CTE lawsuit. At the same time, they don't want to alienate fans already tired of Goodell dicking with their favorite sport in order to make a name for himself.  Demonizing a single player from a small-market team and then castigating them based on the reputation they've created makes perfect sense.

Archived