(Fake) Football is Back!!!

6 hours ago, schotzee said:

I forget how they determined who played in that game?!

I heard that this year they chose the Cards and Cowboys because Jerry Jones and Kurt Warner are part of the Hall of Fame class.

But I know in the past teams have played who had nothing to do with that years inductees.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

The Hall of Fame game is tonight!!!!

Don't they normally play that game on Sunday?? 

8 hours ago, fluhartz said:

Yea usually Sunday night. 

I'll probably turn it on for a little while. 

No Sunday because everyone, including the players, will be watching Game of Thrones.

14 hours ago, Griever said:

Eh, I'll take exhibition games over no games 

This.

So much of wehat is on TV is such total shit that I have been known to stop on an Arena League game when I am channel surfing.  Often there are guys I know from college football who never made the big show.

The NFL is so fake and dumb that I'm going to post on an NFL team's message board 10,000 times and never actually talk about football but only talk in riddles or 1857 grammar about how fake it is.

Bloviatejuice, bloviatejuice, bloviatejuice!

Watching that game last night (and I watched most of it) is a HELL of a lot more entertaining than watching speculative, bullshit fake news on the NFL network as they and their cameras troll practices and training camp for "news". I understand that NFL football is popular, but it's the fucking media that is trying to make it an all year long sport and capture an audience with what amounts to...nothing. Unfortunately, NFL network is all my sons want to watch. It's ridiculous how low the bar is now for sporting news for football. "Everything MUST be televised! Did you get a shot of Andy Dalton throwing an out pass to a future insurance salesman? Good!"

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:32 PM, Bunghole said:

Watching that game last night (and I watched most of it) is a HELL of a lot more entertaining than watching speculative, bullshit fake news on the NFL network as they and their cameras troll practices and training camp for "news". I understand that NFL football is popular, but it's the fucking media that is trying to make it an all year long sport and capture an audience with what amounts to...nothing. Unfortunately, NFL network is all my sons want to watch. It's ridiculous how low the bar is now for sporting news for football. "Everything MUST be televised! Did you get a shot of Andy Dalton throwing an out pass to a future insurance salesman? Good!"

I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. It is in fact the NFL itself that has masterfully turned itself into a all year long soap opera. It's the NFL that moved the dates of the combine and changed the way the draft done and also keep in mind that the NFL network is owned and operated by the NFL. It would be bad for business to have the NFL disappear for five month a year the way it used to back in the day. Just my take.

20 minutes ago, BengalBuck said:

I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. It is in fact the NFL itself that has masterfully turned itself into a all year long soap opera. It's the NFL that moved the dates of the combine and changed the way the draft done and also keep in mind that the NFL network is owned and operated by the NFL. It would be bad for business to have the NFL disappear for five month a year the way it used to back in the day. Just my take.

Eh, you're both right.  The sports media & NFL are joined at the hip, one hand washes the other.

No, T-Dub is correct. If the sports media didn't fall all over itself over the NFL's wrangling of it's scheduled activities it would draw a collective "meh" and the NFL wouldn't bother. NFL is TV and TV is NFL. The money is all tied together.

I have a brilliant plan for NFL Network off season programming.

Since coaches are complaining about the lack of off season practice (OTAs and/or minicamps reduced by last CBA) each team should have a one weekend 7-on-7 flag-football passing league.

The four teams from each division would all go to the home city of one of the teams.  It would rotate so that it would come to each city every four years.  It would be a 3 day round robin schedule (Fri-Sun) with two games each day.  They could spread it out over the four weekends in June with two divisions each weekend.

It would just be a lot of scrubs, but it would be 100 times more entertaining than any other programming the NFL Network has on at that time.  Hell, hard core NFL fans like us get all excited over guys running around tackling dummies in shorts in the middle of the summer.  So anything that would be real competition would be great.

But the best part would be that they could sell tickets for something like $5 dollars.  Most of you would be surprised at how many Bengal fans can not even dream of affording tickets to a real NFL game.  This would be a chance for all of them to at least see the inside of a real NFL stadium.

I realize there is some risk of injury, but there is not much more risk in a no-tackle passing league than there is in running drills.  Plus, like I said before, it would mostly be backups.

Archived