how many stadiums have you been to?

PBS

Riverfront

RFK

GABP

Camden Yards

Michie Stadium (West Point Football, it's an AWESOME environment even if Army football isn't so great anymore)

The Vet

Aloha Stadium in Hawaii, went and saw the Probowl there with my Dad in the late 1970's and sat right behind Russ Francis.

On August 7, 2017 at 4:05 PM, UncleEarl said:

Shea was the worst for me.  There for baseball, not football.

I was there in summer '82. Sat in supposedly the "premium" seats along the lower third-base side. Trying to get into them was like trying to get into an Apollo space capsule seat--rows were insanely tight, and they had this rail running the length of the row right in front of the tops of the seats. Once you were in...you were not getting up. 

That was George Foster's first season as a Met, and even though he was only halfway through it, the always patient Mets fans were all over him from the first inning on. 

17 hours ago, Big Alice said:

Riverfront
PBS
Astrodome (Houston back in the day)
Cowboy Stadium
Texas Stadium (Dallas's old digs)

I haven't been to Jerry's new mausoleum, otherwise same.

Does Sun Devil count since the Cards played there before Scam College Stadium was built?

The Coliseum - LA Raiders vs Bengals (reg. season & playoff game)/both losses. 

Anaheim Stadium - LA Rams vs. 'aints/My LA Rams (original team) lost.  

Quallcom - Chargers vs. Bengals/Three times, all wins. 

PBS - Playoffs vs. Chargers/Fucking joke of a loss

Candlestick - 49ers/lost but got to see Chris Henry (R.I.P) catch a bomb TD!

Metrodome - BiQueens/Loss

My record isn't the best, maybe I'll stop going to games 😑

On 8/12/2017 at 7:46 AM, Le Tigre said:

I was there in summer '82. Sat in supposedly the "premium" seats along the lower third-base side. Trying to get into them was like trying to get into an Apollo space capsule seat--rows were insanely tight, and they had this rail running the length of the row right in front of the tops of the seats. Once you were in...you were not getting up.  even though he was only halfway through it, the always patient Mets fans were all over him from the first inning on. 

In 1984 I saw MIchael Jordan play for the UNC Tarheels.  This was before they built the "DeanDome".  they played ina fieldhouse that was supposed to seat about 11,000.  When we walked in it did not look like it would hold near that many, but all the seats were bleachers and the seat numbers were abou 10 inches apart.  Apparently it did not matter because a large part of the crowd stood up for the game.  Maybe they stood up because they had to instead of because they were such dedicated fans.  I don't think there would have been room for everyone to sit down at once.

Football
RCA dome and PBS. Bengals are 5-0 when I've seen them at home and made the playoffs 3 out of the four years I went. That was last years philly game but they were out of it when I decided to go. My favorite was the packer game where the guy ran on the field to take the ball from Favre. Lol

College. Ohio state last time was beating Michigan the 1st year we one the national title.

Baseball
GABP
Riverfront
Wrigley

Hockey
Calgary
Nationwide
Washington DC
Atlanta when the flames resided there

12 hours ago, fredtoast said:

In 1984 I saw MIchael Jordan play for the UNC Tarheels.  This was before they built the "DeanDome".  they played ina fieldhouse that was supposed to seat about 11,000.  When we walked in it did not look like it would hold near that many, but all the seats were bleachers and the seat numbers were abou 10 inches apart.  Apparently it did not matter because a large part of the crowd stood up for the game.  Maybe they stood up because they had to instead of because they were such dedicated fans.  I don't think there would have been room for everyone to sit down at once.

That is some narrow seating--if that is what it was called. 

It it is arguably worse in Ohio Stadium. Supposedly the seats (bleachers) are separated by 16 inches. That might work for 18-year olds (maybe), but it never does for the average 40-50 something Central Ohio fat-ass male in attendance. And when you add their puffy OSU gear and decorations, 16 inches might meet half their body. I was nearly crushed against the B Deck bell tower one year by this aging enormous slob in a too tight Braxton Miller jersey, who insisted on jumping up and down like a jack-in-the-box...each time pushing me more into the concrete. Safest place in the building is the South Stands. Standing, you might get killed by flying debris, but the students never sit, so if you do, you can escape the projectiles flying overhead. 

Just now, Le Tigre said:

That is some narrow seating--if that is what it was called. 

It it is arguably worse in Ohio Stadium. Supposedly the seats (bleachers) are separated by 16 inches. That might work for 18-year olds (maybe), but it never does for the average 40-50 something Central Ohio fat-ass male in attendance. And when you add their puffy OSU gear and decorations, 16 inches might meet half their body. I was nearly crushed against the B Deck bell tower one year by this aging enormous slob in a too tight Braxton Miller jersey, who insisted on jumping up and down like a jack-in-the-box...each time pushing me more into the concrete. Safest place in the building is the South Stands. Standing, you might get killed by flying debris, but the students never sit, so if you do, you can escape the projectiles flying overhead. 

10 inches may have been an exaggeration, but they were pretty damn close.

Lots of old stadiums and arenas have those bench seats and it can be rough if a few bigguns are in your row.  The upper arena at Rupp is like that too.

Fenway is a great place, but the seats are tiny and often point away from the action!

The old arena at UNC is Charmichael.  While the seating is very comfortable at the Dean Dome, it lacks the energy and personality of Charmichael.  Charmichael was one of the loudest arenas in the ACC.  The Dean Dome has been referred to as the "wine and cheese crowd" because it is so quiet.  The Dean Dome has a very high ceiling where noise goes up to dissipate.  Great for concerts, which they never have, but crappy for basketball atmosphere.

i guess i didnt list mine originally.

NFL:

PBS

Washington

Tennessee

Jacksonville

Tampa

Miami

Baltimore

Cleveland

Pittsburgh

Detroit

Chicago

NY Jets/NY Giants Once for each team

Kansas City

Denver

Phoenix (Pro Bowl)

Cant believe i never made it to Indy. only chances i had i had to work at a new job, or MNF vs Manning, etc.. 

90% sure i can get to green bay this year.. kinda shocked.. thankful for buddy passes for flights and homies with hotel points.

MLB:

Riverfront

Great American

Coors Field

Miami

Tampa

Cleveland

NY Mets

Also bats in louisville for a game and louisville slugger tour

MLB:

Kaufman Stadium (before the renovation)

Oriole Park at Camden Yards

Nationals Park 

Qualcomm Stadium 

Ballpark in Arlington, TX (I think that is what it was called in the early 2000's)

Veteran's Stadium

NFL: 

Fed Ex Field 

On 8/19/2017 at 1:02 PM, GoBengals said:

i guess i didnt list mine originally.

NFL:

PBS

Washington

Tennessee

Jacksonville

Tampa

Miami

Baltimore

Cleveland

Pittsburgh

Detroit

Chicago

NY Jets/NY Giants Once for each team

Kansas City

Denver

Phoenix (Pro Bowl)

Cant believe i never made it to Indy. only chances i had i had to work at a new job, or MNF vs Manning, etc.. 

90% sure i can get to green bay this year.. kinda shocked.. thankful for buddy passes for flights and homies with hotel points.

MLB:

Riverfront

Great American

Coors Field

Miami

Tampa

Cleveland

NY Mets

Also bats in louisville for a game and louisville slugger tour

That's a pretty impressive list.

Posted in the Tailgate Forum. Move if necessary or I can post wherever you think appropriate

I recall some interest from a few back when the schedules were announced.

Guys:

I will be hosting a tailgate 2 blocks from Lambeau pre-game 9/24

Booked my stuff a few weeks back for Saturday and Sunday.

Any Go Bengals forum members traveling to WI for the game are welcome and you won't need to bring anything other than yourselves

I've met a few folks here over the years but it has been a while

Just trying to get a head count for refreshment purposes

I will have the exact address as we get closer but if you want to Map it, the street is Chateau Drive

You will also be able to find us by our signature banner as well as the American flag

Hope to see some orange and black up in gods country

FOT1632.jpg

Archived