Lewis has minor health issue

The Bengals say Marvin Lewis has a minor health issue that caused him to miss practice. Could be back tomorrow, could be a week. Lewis rode the cart out of practice yesterday while dealing with a leg issue. Makes it hard to stand during the two hours of practice.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2FterrellKatherine Terrell, ESPN Staff Writer

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0686680231901142918-4

14 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Ditto!

Simmons huh? I wonder if that means he would get next shot at the gig.

It does suggest he would be the in house favorite, which I agree with.  Curious though since Paul Alexander is the Associate Head Coach.

47 minutes ago, Jason said:

It does suggest he would be the in house favorite, which I agree with.  Curious though since Paul Alexander is the Associate Head Coach.

It doesn't. The reason why Simmons is taking over is probably because they don't want to pull the OC or DC away for a temporary assignment. 

4 minutes ago, Hooky said:

It doesn't. The reason why Simmons is taking over is probably because they don't want to pull the OC or DC away for a temporary assignment. 

Because head coaches are never play callers in the NFL.   :smile: 

18 hours ago, schotzee said:

Shame on you bung.

18 hours ago, fluhartz said:

lol..dick... 

get well soon ole marv

16 hours ago, fredtoast said:

If you really think like this then I hope something comes along to give your life a little perspective.

C'mon guys, you had to know I was kidding. 

9 hours ago, High School Harry said:

thspitcoffee.gif

Somebody gets it...

He's baaaaccckkkk... 

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/marvin_lewis_returns_to_bengals_after_brief_hiatus/s1_12680_24507634

Marvin Lewis returns to Bengals after brief hiatus

Originally posted on Sportsnaut  |  By Vincent Frank  |  Last updated 8/9/17

Aug 3, 2017; Cincinnati, OH, USA; Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis talks with the team during training camp at Paul Brown Stadium. Kareem Elgazzar/The Cincinnati Enquirer via USA TODAY Sports 

Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis was not on the sideline during practice on Tuesday. It led to speculation that he might be dealing with a serious health issue.

And while Lewis was ultimately diagnosed with a cyst in the leg, there was a chance that his absense could have extended into the weekend.

That’s no longer the case. Lewis returned to the Bengals Tuesday evening and will coach the team’s first preseason game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Friday.

“I was able to return to work last night after receiving great medical care. I especially want to thank all of the doctors, nurses and technicians who treated me,” Lewis said in a statement. “I am glad to be back with the team as we prepare to play the Buccaneers on Friday.  In addition, I would like to thank Ben Rothlisburger for the inspiration for this stunt.  Can't do anything but help in the negations for my next contract extension.”

This is most definitely good news for the longtime Bengals head coach and his team. Not only would have an extended absence led to more concerns over Lewis’ health, it would have had a negative impact on the team heading into the season.

14 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

He's baaaaccckkkk... 

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/marvin_lewis_returns_to_bengals_after_brief_hiatus/s1_12680_24507634

Marvin Lewis returns to Bengals after brief hiatus

Originally posted on Sportsnaut  |  By Vincent Frank  |  Last updated 8/9/17

Aug 3, 2017; Cincinnati, OH, USA; Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis talks with the team during training camp at Paul Brown Stadium. Kareem Elgazzar/The Cincinnati Enquirer via USA TODAY Sports 

Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis was not on the sideline during practice on Tuesday. It led to speculation that he might be dealing with a serious health issue.

And while Lewis was ultimately diagnosed with a cyst in the leg, there was a chance that his absense could have extended into the weekend.

That’s no longer the case. Lewis returned to the Bengals Tuesday evening and will coach the team’s first preseason game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Friday.

“I was able to return to work last night after receiving great medical care. I especially want to thank all of the doctors, nurses and technicians who treated me,” Lewis said in a statement. “I am glad to be back with the team as we prepare to play the Buccaneers on Friday.  In addition, I would like to thank Ben Rothlisburger for the inspiration for this stunt.  Can't do anything but help in the negations for my next contract extension.”

This is most definitely good news for the longtime Bengals head coach and his team. Not only would have an extended absence led to more concerns over Lewis’ health, it would have had a negative impact on the team heading into the season.

:1hump::dance:

Archived