Depth Chart 2017

http://www.bengals.com/team/depth-chart.html

The first depth chart doesn't really mean a whole lot when it comes to stuff like Mixon being the 4th RB or any of the other rookies being below other guys. That's just how it works with Marv's depth charts at this part of the offseason. However, it's more telling to see which position certain players have been put into.

1. IMO there should be a slot WR and slot CB on official NFL depth charts. It just makes sense to me with how often those guys see the field now. Since there isn't, it's kind of hard to discuss much about the WR/CB groups as they relate to depth chart position.

2. Westerman @ LG when a lot of people projected him as a RG. JJ Dielman also listed as a backup LG.

3. In another thread we were talking about DEs and I thought the team saw most of our guys as REs but apparently I was wrong. Clarke, Gilberry, and Hardison are all listed as backup LE while Willis is the first man up to backup RE with Chris Smith and Ryan Brown behind him. I didn't go back to look at previous offseason depth charts, but I clearly remember Gilberry being a RDE most of his career and even starting for us in that position with MJs departure.

4. Minter is listed as our MLB. I know some people speculated that he could be a SLB in our system.

5. Fej listed as our backup FS even though he's a natural SS.

6. Erickson still #1 KR and #2 PR, Mixon listed as our #2 KR.

I don't see Hardison as a DE or Fejedelem as a FS.  Shaw is really our #2 FS.  

I guess Dielman is getting zero reps at C.  Pretty sure he will make the roster though.

Since Winston is listed as #2 at both tackle positions I am assuming they look ad Dre as RT backup also.

1 minute ago, fredtoast said:

I don't see Hardison as a DE or Fejedelem as a FS.

I guess Dielman is getting zero reps at C.  Pretty sure he will make the roster though.

Since Winston is listed as #2 at both tackle positions I am assuming they look ad Dre as RT backup also.

That was my thought exactly. I don't see Lechler or Perkins making the cut on the OL. The 2 starters + Winston may be the only tackles the team keeps and I really see the team keeping more guards on the roster and shuffling guys around if there happens to be multiple injuries. We have a few guys on the line that are capable of playing multiple positions which is huge for a backup to have those skills. They may not be the best players in the world, but they have something that these other guys don't and that's versatility.

Not really seeing Winston seriously being thought of as a LT (although he was decent at it years ago). Something in my memory banks tells me Boling played it a little at some point. Didn't Diehlman also play it at Utah? And Andre was held out to be a natural LT coming into the draft.

You are correct: not a ton of real talent, but at least versatile.

24 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Not really seeing Winston seriously being thought of as a LT (although he was decent at it years ago). Something in my memory banks tells me Boling played it a little at some point. Didn't Diehlman also play it at Utah? And Andre was held out to be a natural LT coming into the draft.

You are correct: not a ton of real talent, but at least versatile.

If something happens to Ogbuehi I think Fisher will move to LT and Winston or Dre will play RT.

Archived