Cut/waived/signed

Bengals put a huge value on special teams, and that could help Cody Core.  We are much deeper at WR than when James Wright held on to a roster spot for 3 years, but we might keep Core for ST and go light at LB.

Erickson may be the one who gets cut.

3 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

I thought people like jake kumerow, sad to see him not even make it to preseason game 1.

I liked jake.  he was not the most talented but seemed pretty good across the board.  solid might be a better term.  i guess i thought of him as a "football player".  Someone that gives you everything he has all season long.  of course those players are more valuable as the season progresses and he seemed to be plagued with a lot of minor injury stuff. 

16 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

I liked jake.  he was not the most talented but seemed pretty good across the board.  solid might be a better term.  i guess i thought of him as a "football player".  Someone that gives you everything he has all season long.  of course those players are more valuable as the season progresses and he seemed to be plagued with a lot of minor injury stuff. 

I do hope the Bengals got the OK from the Chicago mob before cutting Jake.....

3 hours ago, turningpoint said:

I think Core gets placed on the PS and they keep erickson, just because I think Ross has no clue how to field punts, but once he figures it out bye bye erickson.

I thought people like jake kumerow, sad to see him not even make it to preseason game 1.

I think there is zero chance Core would clear waivers to make it to the practice squad - I believe he would be claimed. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

I think there is zero change Core would clear waivers to make it to the practice squad - I believe he would be claimed. 

I like Core, but he was not a big star in college and he only caught one big pass for us last year.  He was not really that impressive.

I believe that teams needing WRs would keep the guys they drafted this year and worked with all through training camp instead of picking up a guy like Core the week before the season starts.

But I think he will make our roster.

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

We're easily keeping seven wideouts, maybe even eight. So who makes it? Obviously Green, Ross, Boyd, Lafell, and Malone. That's five. Then there's Erickson, Core and whom else am I missing?

No way they keep 8.  They want to keep 7.

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

We're easily keeping seven wideouts, maybe even eight. So who makes it? Obviously Green, Ross, Boyd, Lafell, and Malone. That's five. Then there's Erickson, Core and whom else am I missing?

Not a chance they keep 8 and have to go light on multiple other positions to make up for it. 

The 5 you named plus Erickson to return kicks would be more than fine with me. Keeping 6 makes sense, I don't really get folks hype on Core. 

12 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Not a chance they keep 8 and have to go light on multiple other positions to make up for it. 

The 5 you named plus Erickson to return kicks would be more than fine with me. Keeping 6 makes sense, I don't really get folks hype on Core. 

Unrealized physical potential. The coaches comments on him. My belief in him. 

The Bears claimed kicker Roberto Aguayo off waivers from the Buccaneers, according to Field Yates of ESPN. The Bears’ claim takes the Buccaneers off the hook for the $428,000 in fully guaranteed salary they owed Aguayo for 2017.

It also means Connor Barth could see Aguayo cost him a job twice in two years. The Bucs cut Barth last year after selecting Aguayo in the second round.

Of course, Aguayo will have to perform better than he did last season or in his first preseason game. He was the worst kicker in the league last season when he made only 22 of 31 field goals and 32 of 34 extra points. 

The Bucs cut Aguayo after he missed an extra point and a 47-yard field goal in the preseason opener against the Bengals. 

They traded up to get Aguayo last year after he was one of the most reliable kickers in college during his career, making 69 of 78 field goals (88.5 percent) and every extra point at Florida State.

:::::::::::::::::

Reference was mad by how badly this guy sucked in the preseason game vs the Bengals.  What a complete waste of a high draft choice and money by Tampa Bay.

Makes our current kickers look better and perhaps even Fat Randy tradable.  Doubt if either Randy or Elliot would last long on the PS.

The Bengals closed a chapter in the 2012 draft Sunday with the release of Brandon Thompson (98).

defensive-tackle-brandon-thompson-of-the

(Seems the best pic Hobs could find was of him standing around scratching his ass. I offer this impressive flop instead, thanks Rob Carr.)

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-thin-D-tackle-derby-with-Thompson-cut/e9598c43-26f3-4230-ae99-71381ba00316

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

defensive-tackle-brandon-thompson-of-the

(Seems the best pic Hobs could find was of him standing around scratching his ass. I offer this impressive flop instead.)

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-thin-D-tackle-derby-with-Thompson-cut/e9598c43-26f3-4230-ae99-71381ba00316

Bengals cut veteran Brandon Thompson and former UK running back

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 3:58 pm EDTSunday, August 20th 2017, 4:15 pm EDTPosted by Jeremy Rauch, Sports Anchor

CONNECT

Brandon Thompson (Bengals.com)

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -

The Bengals terminated the contract of veteran defensive tackle Brandon Thompson and waived rookie running back Stanley “Boom” Williams on Sunday.

Williams, a UK product, had signed with the Bengals as a college free agent. He rushed for 1,170 yards and 7 touchdowns last season at Kentucky.

Thompson, a sixth-year player, played in 39 games with seven starts for the Bengals since he was drafted out of Clemson in 2012.

18 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Between he and Still, I always had more hope for Thompson. But neither one was really that great a prospect really. IIRC, they were--much like OT's in this year's draft--the best of a deficient DT draft year. 

I thought BT would at least get into a rotation with Peko @ NT but never saw much from him.  There & now safety are the only spots on defense I have any questions about.

Archived