Cut/waived/signed

2 minutes ago, Rumble In the Jungle said:

Bengals Cut 5th rounder JJ Dielman, Wallace Gilberry and Eric Winston. I think the wrong 5th rounder got cut.

They might cut them both.  And JJ will be on the PS.  

I wonder if they might try and put Elliot on the PS too?

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

They might cut them both.  And JJ will be on the PS.  

I wonder if they might try and put Elliot on the PS too?

I thought and was hoping that they would cut Winston. He is useless as a player and league president. But doesn't that leave them light at OT? I'm hoping this means they might bring in a cut veteran OT. Or do they slide a guard out to Tackle? Sugar tits is not the answer at backup OT.

As far as Wally, I've always liked him. Hoping that cutting him is due to coaches' confidence in the youngsters.

Just saw that they waived Jake Elliot. I would've waived Bullock. He is not the answer. We know what Bullock is. A mediocre, inconsistent kicker that lost the Houston game on a chip shot. I would rather see.how Elliot does. They wssted a fifth round pick on him, so they should've kept him and got a bigger sample than pre-season. And if he ended up sucking, there are always kickers available. Now some other team will pick him up and he could be a star.

10 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Just saw that they waived Jake Elliot. I would've waived Bullock. He is not the answer. We know what Bullock is. A mediocre, inconsistent kicker that lost the Houston game on a chip shot. I would rather see.how Elliot does. They wssted a fifth round pick on him, so they should've kept him and got a bigger sample than pre-season. And if he ended up sucking, there are always kickers available. Now some other team will pick him up and he could be a star.

It happens often that young kickers wander around early in their careers, then suddenly it clicks.  Randy was easily the better kicker this camp.  And if they have solved their kicker problem, what does it matter if they cut a 5th round pick?

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

It happens often that young kickers wander around early in their careers, then suddenly it clicks.  Randy was easily the better kicker this camp.  And if they have solved their kicker problem, what does it matter if they cut a 5th round pick?

But they didn't. We just have a fatter Nugent now. And he wasn't easily better. You have to consider kickoffs and Fat Randy missed a game winner too. So they were pretty even unless you want to count Elliot's missed 60 yarder.

That’s it? That’s it? No offensive lineman? You have got to be kidding! We may have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL, certainly, in the AFCN! Many of Andy’s throws will be short to keep him from getting killed. Forget about Ross running 80 yards downfield for a TD. Andy won’t have time to find Ross downfield. He will be too busy picking himself up from the ground.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

That’s it? That’s it? No offensive lineman? You have got to be kidding! We may have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL, certainly, in the AFCN! Many of Andy’s throws will be short to keep him from getting killed. Forget about Ross running 80 yards downfield for a TD. Andy won’t have time to find Ross downfield. He will be too busy picking himself up from the ground.

Woah there! We have one of the best pass-protecting OL's in the league*

*For 3 seconds or less

No real surprises on that list. Heck, most of them I've never even heard of. Gilberry will latch on somewhere, and I just read that Joe Haden has indeed signed with the Stealers. Maybe the change in teams will elevate AJ Green to dominate him as Haden has mostly owned him as a Brown.

Onto the Ravens!

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

No real surprises on that list. Heck, most of them I've never even heard of. Gilberry will latch on somewhere, and I just read that Joe Haden has indeed signed with the Stealers. Maybe the change in teams will elevate AJ Green to dominate him as Haden has mostly owned him as a Brown.

Onto the Ravens!

For the first 2 years.  Not since.

Slightly surprised about Dawson because he looked okay in a backup role and our LBs always go down, but otherwise, meh. No big shocks, lots of dead wood. Party on.

You could argue Will Clarke, but 2014 isn't draft looking as stellar as it did in potential at the time, so it's not a great shock

On 8/9/2017 at 6:25 PM, HOF dan said:

I'd be stunned if they cut Cody Core. By all accounts, he has made major improvements from last year and looks to be an up and comer.

But what do I know?

It appears that all of Core's improvements are in shorts and a t-shirt.  On the field he still looks like a stiff.  Guy gets chances and blows them on a regular basis.  He gets one more year to figure it out.   All measurables and no performance.

Archived