Cut/waived/signed

17 hours ago, Rick said:

That’s it? That’s it? No offensive lineman? You have got to be kidding! We may have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL, certainly, in the AFCN! Many of Andy’s throws will be short to keep him from getting killed. Forget about Ross running 80 yards downfield for a TD. Andy won’t have time to find Ross downfield. He will be too busy picking himself up from the ground.

Does this board have a "Drama Queen of the Month" Award?

If so I have a nomination.

6 hours ago, Rumble In the Jungle said:

When is practice squad announced?

The Bengals today signed eight players to the practice squad:

--LB Brandon Bell (rookie, Penn State)

--K Jake Elliott (rookie, Memphis)

--OT Kent Perkins (rookie, Texas)

--DT Josh Tupou (rookie, Colorado)

--WR Kermit Whitfield (rookie, Florida State)

--DT DeShawn Williams (second-year player, Clemson)

--HB Jarveon Williams (rookie, Texas-San Antonio)

--S Brandon Wilson (rookie, Houston)

All of the players signed to the Bengals’ practice squad today were with the team in preseason.

An NFL practice squad may include up to 10 players, thus the Bengals currently have two open practice squad spots.

Glad Jake Elliot is on the PS.  Much shorter leash for Bullock than Nugent.  However, as soon as any team needs a kicker, Jake is gone.

Looks like the plan to slide J.J. Diehlman under the wire (if there was one) bombed.  Too bad.

Pleasantly surprised to see Nickerson make the varsity even if he does spend a lot of time inactive.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/3/16249786/bengals-roster-2017-cb-sojourn-shelton-joins-practice-squad-per-report

Sojourn "Shorty" Shelton joined the Bengals practice squad according to his agent.

Marvin Lewis stated "We didn't realize that John Ross was this fragile and need a petite DB for practice and the 5'9", 177 lb Shelton fits what we were looking for."

15 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Glad to see Elliott made it to the practice squad..He has a great leg and if Bullock falters we have him. I think he has a bright future and like him better than Bullock

He will falter. ML was talking about all the data involved in their decision. They have years of data on Bullock. It doesn't matter what he did in pre-season. He could've gone 10 for 10, all over 50 yards, but he'll still be the same old kicker that lost the Houston game and hasn't been good enough to stick with a team over the years. As I said before, our kicking game that everybody justifiably bitched about last year has not improved. We just have a fatter Nugent. They don't have any real data on Elliot. No regular season data. I would rather give him a shot. Then fall back on Bullock or any of the other dozen kickers watching at home.

6 minutes ago, Hooky said:

He will falter. ML was talking about all the data involved in their decision. They have years of data on Bullock. It doesn't matter what he did in pre-season. He could've gone 10 for 10, all over 50 yards, but he'll still be the same old kicker that lost the Houston game and hasn't been good enough to stick with a team over the years. As I said before, our kicking game that everybody justifiably bitched about last year has not improved. We just have a fatter Nugent. They don't have any real data on Elliot. No regular season data. I would rather give him a shot. Then fall back on Bullock or any of the other dozen kickers watching at home.

Agree.  Props to Randy for making it this far but he has not been the answer for a couple teams before the Bengals.  If cut, he could return with a phone call.  Jake Long will be snatched off our practice squad the first time another team's kicker goes belly up and then where are we when "a fatter Nugent" chokes.

11 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Agree.  Props to Randy for making it this far but he has not been the answer for a couple teams before the Bengals.  If cut, he could return with a phone call.  Jake Long will be snatched off our practice squad the first time another team's kicker goes belly up and then where are we when "a fatter Nugent" chokes.

We can still pull a Shayne Graham or the like out of retirement, so we won't be totally fucked, but we'll never get to see what Elliot can do. He'll be gone way before they finally give up on Bullock. Look how long it took to pull Nuge.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

We can still pull a Shayne Graham or the like out of retirement, so we won't be totally fucked, but we'll never get to see what Elliot can do. He'll be gone way before they finally give up on Bullock. Look how long it took to pull Nuge.

Jim Breech had seats near mine at one of the preseason games.  He could be suited up and on the field in ten minutes.  Well, unless it was a one off deal and he bought them from Two in the Blue Lou, the famous ticket scalper of Vine Street.

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

He will falter. ML was talking about all the data involved in their decision. They have years of data on Bullock. It doesn't matter what he did in pre-season. He could've gone 10 for 10, all over 50 yards, but he'll still be the same old kicker that lost the Houston game and hasn't been good enough to stick with a team over the years. 

In 2014 Bullock was 30-35 including 4-5 at 50+ yards.  That same year Justin Tucker was only 4-9 at 50+.

Josh Brown, the guy everyone said we should have kept to replace Nuge, only hit 75% of his FGs and was 0-2 from 50+ for the Rams and was cut before we signed him.

Kickers are notorious for being up-and-down.  Bullock is not total trash justy because he moissed one FG for us last year.  In fact, if he repeats his '14 performance you guys will be hanging form his nut sack by the end of the year.

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

In 2014 Bullock was 30-35 including 4-5 at 50+ yards.  That same year Justin Tucker was only 4-9 at 50+.

Josh Brown, the guy everyone said we should have kept to replace Nuge, only hit 75% of his FGs and was 0-2 from 50+ for the Rams and was cut before we signed him.

Kickers are notorious for being up-and-down.  Bullock is not total trash justy because he moissed one FG for us last year.  In fact, if he repeats his '14 performance you guys will be hanging form his nut sack by the end of the year.

Reading curve, I didn't say it was justy because of the Houston game. But I wish I would've known about your 3 random stats before I posted. That would've changed everything.

Archived