Bucs at Bengals!

Who will you be watching, and what do you want to see?

For me:

Lawson against someone else.
Billings.  Was looking forward to seeing him last year and was denied.
Mixon when people can actually tackle.
And of course the O-line.

I hate preseason games, but the Bucs have a great D-line and our O-line is the biggest question to me.

So I am looking forward to the 10 snap or so where the ones will go against the ones.

Also interested to see exactly where which LBs play in which packages. 

9 hours ago, Jason said:

For me:

This and Jackson, Westerman and Hardison if he still exists.

3 hours ago, HOF dan said:

agree with all the above.

It will also be interesting to see what our newly revamped LB corps looks like.

Agree. I was going to add Minter to my list, but I especially want to watch the LBs in the game 3 dress rehearsal.

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Mixon.  Doubt if Ross plays.

Want to keep a close eye on Ogbuhi to see if I think he has improved (imho, of course).

Also Bodine and the other centers.

I want to see Marvin buzzing in circles on the sidelines in his L'il Rascal scooter.

Me too. It will be disappointing if he just has the leg cart.

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

I just hope we don't miss any easy FGs or XPs.

The whiners will be out of control for a week.

Why is it whining when we complain about missing important kicks? FG's are a HUGE part of the game. Look no further than how many games hinged on kicks that we lost last season that we otherwise would have won (at a minimum, the Redskins, Giants and Bills games...would have been 9-7...). I wish we had Justin Tucker.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Me too. It will be disappointing if he just has the leg cart.

I want to see Paul Alexander pulling Marvin around the sidelines in a Radio Flyer...

11 hours ago, Jason said:

For me:

Pretty much the same here. Mixon obviously. I would love to see a breakaway play. After watching Trubisky last night, I am convinced that sometimes preseason games can be compelling. That dude played REALLY well. Hope to see something similar with McCarron and the second squad. And hell yes, Billings. His college highlights are unreal. He was the guy I was most bummed about losing last season to injury because I felt like he was such a steal in the fourth round. The thought of he and Geno lined up next to each other gives me a boner.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

For me:

seriously......these 4 top my list too.. Mixon and Billings topping it.. I am just super pumped to watch tonight....

As a little pre-game pump up, check out Billings in this video, all of it is impressive as hell but I really love the play at the 5:35 mark when he destroys a double team to get the sack. And this guy's lining up next to Geno Atkins? Forget about it!

Tupou is a fucking boulder.  Chris Smith not looking bad tonight.  Billings, Lawson, Willis, Smith, Tupou looking like a hell of a front seven upgrade.  Haven't seen much of Glasgow.  Johnson & Gilberry may be looking for new homes by opening day.

9 hours ago, snarkster said:

Tupou is a fucking boulder.  Chris Smith not looking bad tonight.  Billings, Lawson, Willis, Smith, Tupou looking like a hell of a front seven upgrade.  Haven't seen much of Glasgow.  Johnson & Gilberry may be looking for new homes by opening day.

Willis stood out the most to me. Regardless of the level of competition, he was beast. He was everywhere.

22 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Also, Billings literally just tosses dudes to the ground like ragdolls. 

:lol:

TBF, any NFL draft pick probably looks like that on their college tape.   It's a rare player that continues to do that at the pro level.

Eg,  Atkins vs Maualuga.

27 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

TBF, any NFL draft pick probably looks like that on their college tape.   It's a rare player that continues to do that at the pro level.

Eg,  Atkins vs Maualuga.

Well yeah, and plus those guys are QB's and RB's and they don't typically weigh a ton more as pro backs and QB's. Billings will just have less opportunity to do those things due to much, much better blocking at this level.

Archived