Bengals turn down 2nd round pick for McCarron

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-bengals-turned-down-second-164934057.html

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/7d394d44-4ee9-3333-b3f2-e70597b29396/ss_report%3A-bengals-turned-down.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/b3447ee2-4025-374a-802e-fc1adcccb49b/ss_aj-mccarron-trade-rumors%3A.html

Broncos.  Jacksonville and Indianapolis also mentioned as not interested but you know how that goes.

Hope they are holding out for a first rounder plus.  Start a bidding war.  As soon as a someone loses a quarterback in preseason or a first round prima dona shits the bed, its on.

MikeBrownThink at its finest.  Get something now, he's gone next year, anyway.

Just now, F.Cleveland said:

AJ "Way Better Than Dalton" McCarron is a RFA next year, isn't he?  

Yep.

Something to do with how his first season went down, we have control over AJM for an "extra" year now.

I don't think Mike Brown is the best owner in the world but IMO it's smart to keep a decent backup in today's NFL. I'd rather have a good backup for 2 more years than an extra future 1st or 2nd round pick.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

To be determined.  There is an arbitration going on over his rookie year.

Wasn't the language in the rules pretty clear that he should be an RFA after this year? I mean, I completely understand his agent (or lawyer or whoever) trying to get him to become a UFA, but I thought it was kind of a cut and dry case when I first read about it. Could be wrong though.

3 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Yep.

Something to do with how his first season went down, we have control over AJM for an "extra" year now.

I don't think Mike Brown is the best owner in the world but IMO it's smart to keep a decent backup in today's NFL. I'd rather have a good backup for 2 more years than an extra future 1st or 2nd round pick.

I would want them to trade for an active player and a later draft pick.

And as far as the rumors, I wouldn't trust any news from Yahoo. They suck.

An idea: that fourth preseason game, when Dalton won't be playing, perhaps let Driskel start, see how he does against some first-string and second-string guys. Might get a better picture if he's as close to situation ready as he can be.

We need to get return for AJ, tho. It's a move that separates truly next level front offices from the other guys.

On 8/12/2017 at 0:47 PM, thezerawkid said:

We need to get return for AJ, tho. It's a move that separates truly next level front offices from the other guys.

Even the best teams have players leave in free agency.  There is not one team who trades away every single player who may walk in free agency.

A good back up QB could save our season.  It would eb crazy to trade him away, even for a 2nd round pick, if we don't have a decent replacement.

Archived