The Speed Limit Poll

Jason

The Speed Limit  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drive the speed limit? (Most of the time)

• I usually drive 1 or 2 mph below
    • I usually drive the speed limit
    • I drive 1-5 mph above
    • I drive 6-9 mph above
    • I drive 10 or more above

Typically <10 but faster as traffic dictates.  I regularly drive a 2-lane road posted at 45 where you're a hazard at anything under 50 when it's busy.  It's safer to be doing 55 than be one of those people riding the brakes like a drone is going to take them out with a Hellfire if they hit 46.  

What's a speed limit?

Seriously though, the speed limits where they exist tend to be so high (~75 mph) there is no need to go much faster.  Most stretches I drive have dynamic speed limits that are based on current conditions, which is nice. 

I once legally got a mini cooper up to 127 mph on the way to the airport.  Driving that fast is stressful.

Waze has helped in detecting cops (Radar Detectors are illegal in VA), but that would be relying on others of course. 

I-81 in VA is a speed trap the entire distance, and on a trip I made last year to Nashville, I kept it at 9 over the entire way and didn't get pulled over.  

15 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

I once legally got a mini cooper up to 127 mph on the way to the airport.  Driving that fast is stressful.

Think that depends a lot on the car (& traffic of course.)   Most cars I've driven start to feel a little loose above 80, but then there are those where you're cruising along, look down and realize you're doing 100mph.  

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

It's a phone GPS app, I use it all the time here in the DC area because it will reroute my route based on traffic finding me the quickest way to get from point A to point B.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Archived