Sign in to follow this  
Jason

The Speed Limit Poll

The Speed Limit  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drive the speed limit? (Most of the time)

• I usually drive 1 or 2 mph below
    • I usually drive the speed limit
    • I drive 1-5 mph above
    • I drive 6-9 mph above
    • I drive 10 or more above

T-Dub    5,718

Typically <10 but faster as traffic dictates.  I regularly drive a 2-lane road posted at 45 where you're a hazard at anything under 50 when it's busy.  It's safer to be doing 55 than be one of those people riding the brakes like a drone is going to take them out with a Hellfire if they hit 46.  

Jason    3,413

I'm usually around +9, but if the road is clear and visible, or I have someone going faster in front of me I will go faster too.

Jamie_B    2,769

Depends on where I am.

If I'm on the highway it's usually 10 or so over.

If I'm in a neighborhood it's never more than 5 over.

CincyInDC    1,395

What's a speed limit?

Seriously though, the speed limits where they exist tend to be so high (~75 mph) there is no need to go much faster.  Most stretches I drive have dynamic speed limits that are based on current conditions, which is nice. 

I once legally got a mini cooper up to 127 mph on the way to the airport.  Driving that fast is stressful.

• Like 2

Go Skins    76

Waze has helped in detecting cops (Radar Detectors are illegal in VA), but that would be relying on others of course. 

I-81 in VA is a speed trap the entire distance, and on a trip I made last year to Nashville, I kept it at 9 over the entire way and didn't get pulled over.  

• Like 1

T-Dub    5,718
15 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

I once legally got a mini cooper up to 127 mph on the way to the airport.  Driving that fast is stressful.

Think that depends a lot on the car (& traffic of course.)   Most cars I've driven start to feel a little loose above 80, but then there are those where you're cruising along, look down and realize you're doing 100mph.  

Go Skins    76
16 hours ago, Elflocko said:

I loved Waze when I was still driving...

I thought for the longest time Waze was a huge data drain (I have a limit), but I have used it a lot recently, and it hasn't put a big dent into my limit.  

• Like 1

Jamie_B    2,769
On 8/16/2017 at 0:29 PM, Jason said:

What is waze?

It's a phone GPS app, I use it all the time here in the DC area because it will reroute my route based on traffic finding me the quickest way to get from point A to point B.