Charlottesville

Jamie_B

23 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Awfully quiet about this around here.

I thought about posting something but to tell you the truth I figured (hoped) I'd be preaching to the choir.  Plus that whole "Trump/the Trumpanzees aren't really racists" argument is dead in the water as far as I'm concerned & I don't see much to be gained from rehashing it.  If his supporters aren't all racist shitbags they sure are cozy with them so it's not a distinction of much importance to me at this point.  Same goes for the "they aren't really Nazis they're just trolling haha libtard cucks etc etc" stuff.  They're in the streets throwing Roman salutes & chanting Nazi shit so if they don't want to be mistaken for actual Nazis that would be a place to start.

Beyond that's it's all the usual "but is he a terrorist?" nonsense and a whole lot of bullshit about "both sides".  Yeah, well - choose one, motherfuckers.  There's no room on the sideline for that finger-wagging, not right now.  Stow that debate for when we don't have fascists marching through our streets carrying torches. 

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I'd like to think that people are being reflective of what allowing a hate monger to be President did

But I know better.

"golly gee why isn't he denouncing white supremacists?!"

um. maybe because he is one? like Steve Bannon was some kind of fluke..

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/barack-obama-twitter-record-most-liked-charlottesville-nelson-mandela-1202529245/

Former President Barack Obama has set the record for the most-liked tweet in Twitter’s history, with his post quoting Nelson Mandela in response to the deadly violence in Charlottesville, Va., over the weekend.

Obama’s Aug. 12 tweet was posted after a rally of white nationalists and neo-Nazis resulted in the murder of 32-year-old Heather Heyer, who was struck by a car that smashed into a crowd of anti-hate protesters. The post set the record at about 7:07 p.m. PT Tuesday, when it topped 2.7 million likes, according to Twitter.

Obama quoted Mandela, the South African political and anti-apartheid resistance leader, in a series of three tweets: “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”

The first the Obama’s Aug. 12 tweets surpassed the previous record-holder for most-liked Twitter post, which was Ariana Grande’s distraught message following the Manchester terrorist attack in May after she performed a concert. That has 2.7 million likes.

10 hours ago, fluhartz said:

I would say I am excited for his impeachment...but the people he has lined up after him to take office might be worse..

Definitely this. I have to say - this can't be real - even a stupid politician wouldn't say something like 'beautiful confederate statue' - I mean, this has to be an act, right? What's the angle here?? Then I'm reminded what an old girlfriend's father once told me - never underestimate the stupidity of a person - but still, this seems over the top. Just crazy.

He can console himself by screaming at various minorities as he drives out of town. Or by sucking his own dick, per Mooch.

Jokes aside DC is the most diverse city I think I've been in - heard more languages in one weekend than I could count.  I'm sure that has as much to do with tourists as residents but it was still cool.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

He can console himself by screaming at various minorities as he drives out of town. Or by sucking his own dick, per Mooch.

Jokes aside DC is the most diverse city I think I've been in - heard more languages in one weekend than I could count.  I'm sure that has as much to do with tourists as residents but it was still cool.

Tourists, Residents (keep in mind there are ALOT of Embassies here), spies..... (only half kidding on that one)

Anyway....

image.jpeg.094cca311597ac2bfaff78cc5b7cae51.jpeg

Archived