McCarron to the Jags? What would be your asking price?

Bortles has completely lost it.

Jags look like they are very close to competing.

Nice receivers, stud RB, and a very good young defense.

If I'm the Bengals, I'm making that call today.

Just saw this right after I created the thread

https://nflmocks.com/2017/08/18/the-jacksonville-jaguars-have-inquired-about-a-j-mccarron/

Yeah, I'd take the jags 1st rounder, hell possibly their 2nd rounder. 

I think they're going to suck this year, 4th place is happening for sure, texans, colts and titans are all better teams.

Would be insane if we could trade McCarron and end up with the 1st overall Pick and draft the best QB whether that's the USC guy or the Wyoming QB

7 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

Yeah, I'd take the jags 1st rounder, hell possibly their 2nd rounder. 

I think they're going to suck this year, 4th place is happening for sure, texans, colts and titans are all better teams.

Would be insane if we could trade McCarron and end up with the 1st overall Pick and draft the best QB whether that's the USC guy or the Wyoming QB

Colts without Luck are a 4 win team, at best.

Jags have 3 above average receivers in Hurns, Robinson, and the underrated Marqise Lee (who plays a lot like TJ Houshmanzadeh).

A decent game manager is all they need

1 minute ago, SmoothD said:

Jags have 3 above average receivers in Hurns, Robinson, and the underrated Marqise Lee (who plays a lot like TJ Houshmanzadeh).

True, but i think luck plays, best case I think jags are 7-9 with mcCarron.

Don't see any reason to take less than a 1st rounder for him, at least conditionally + some other picks.  He's already proven he can play in the NFL which is more than you can say for anyone they could draft.  Clearly some folks would rather have the magic beans but that's my price.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Don't see any reason to take less than a 1st rounder for him, at least conditionally + some other picks.  He's already proven he can play in the NFL which is more than you can say for anyone they could draft.  Clearly some folks would rather have the magic beans but that's my price.

You're also forgetting that we have 1 maybe 2 more years.

I'll take a waiver on Wyoming or USC QB with 5 years of him being under contract, but hey he'll be worthless because he'll be #2 on the depth chart is that ok? :rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

You're also forgetting that we have 1 maybe 2 more years.

I'll take a waiver on Wyoming or USC QB with 5 years of him being under contract, but hey he'll be worthless because he'll be #2 on the depth chart is that ok? :rolleyes:

Your input is equally worthless and you don't mind sharing that, so.. maybe?  IDK, was that a question or just you being a douche?  My simple mind can't tell the difference.  TBF it's not as obvious as the difference between a #2 QB and a 3rd-string #2 WR, but I have neither the patience nor the crayons to explain it for you.  I suggest you stick with the name-calling as it's clearly more suited to your dizzying intellect.

41 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Your input is equally worthless and you don't mind sharing that, so.. maybe?  IDK, was that a question or just you being a douche?  My simple mind can't tell the difference.  TBF it's not as obvious as the difference between a #2 QB and a 3rd-string #2 WR, but I have neither the patience nor the crayons to explain it for you.  I suggest you stick with the name-calling as it's clearly more suited to your dizzying intellect.

d2fd199e1cc5c1d97e2b70ad34c841f8.jpg

A.J. McCarron straight up isn't going to bring a first round pick.

It'd have to be something like A.J. and a 3rd.

If Dalton misses significant time, the Bengals are probably dead in the water, any way. If you can get a first round pick, you have to make that trade.

2 hours ago, SmoothD said:

And Dede Westbrook will probably end up better than Hurns or Lee.

Jags won't trade a 1st for McCarron unless he agrees to a new contract. He wants to be a starter so if they offer starter money, he'd probably go along. They'd probably also only offer a 1st as a conditional pick, meaning something like McCarron starts 10 or more games and the team has a winning record. Failing that, we get a 2nd+3rd or some such.

I'd still do that deal as either side.

16 hours ago, Big Alice said:

If Dalton misses significant time, the Bengals are probably dead in the water, any way.

This is not true at all. If Dalton misses 3 or 4 games and comes back for the playoffs the back up QB becomes one of the most important positions on the team.

Just look at the '15 team.  We were a legit Super Bowl contender with Dalton.  It would be a shame to have a team like that and miss the playoffs because we had a weak back up QB for a few games.

On 8/18/2017 at 5:29 PM, Big Alice said:

A.J. McCarron straight up isn't going to bring a first round pick.

It'd have to be something like A.J. and a 3rd.

If Dalton misses significant time, the Bengals are probably dead in the water, any way. If you can get a first round pick, you have to make that trade.

McCarron isn't worth a 1st round pick. If we can get a second for him before he walks, take it. 

2 hours ago, schotzee said:

Do the Jags have any decent safeties to trade him for?

They used to!

:lol:

13 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

McCarron isn't worth a 1st round pick.

You may be right.  He's looked serviceable running a limited offense with a top-tier group of WR/TE's.  If you'll excuse a bit of armchair sports psychology, he gets flustered when things aren't going well.  I think he'd throw a lot of INTs as a starter from trying to force things or underestimating the DB's ability to close.  TBF that INT last night was low-effort from the WR, though.  IDK who that was offhand but he looked lost out there. 

Point being I suspect his ceiling is lower than what I had hoped.

AJ "Way Better Than Dalton" McCarron?

Yeah, you wish homie.  He's better than a #2 QB but only just.

Archived