Boycott Both Bengals vs. Browns Games

Rick

3 hours ago, Numbers said:

I am not condemning him for what he did. I am questioning his method of protest.

Can you explain the difference for me?  Because what he did is his method of protest as far as I can tell. 

Dude didn't kneel because he didn't want to.  Supporting someone's right to do something doesn't mean you have to do it yourself.

Sweet baby jebus the way some of you guys paint yourselves into these corners of logic & then defend it to the death no matter how nonsensical your arguments become..  Boggles the mind honestly.

Can you explain the difference for me?  Because what he did is his method of protest as far as I can tell. 

Dude didn't kneel because he didn't want to.  Supporting someone's right to do something doesn't mean you have to do it yourself.

Sweet baby jebus the way some of you guys paint yourselves into these corners of logic & then defend it to the death no matter how nonsensical your arguments become..  Boggles the mind honestly.

It's only nonsensical for those that choose to be. His own soldiers that served with him were upset. Not all of them but enough of them were that he made mention of it in an interview. Veteran's organizations are upset as well. Guess everyone who disagrees with you is nonsensical.

10 minutes ago, Numbers said:

It's only nonsensical for those that choose to be. His own soldiers that served with him were upset. Not all of them but enough of them were that he made mention of it in an interview. Veteran's organizations are upset as well. Guess everyone who disagrees with you is nonsensical.

No, questioning the guy's own words because he didn't join Kaep in his protest is nonsensical.  Throwing up your hands and tossing out bizarre strawman arguments when challenged is nonsensical. Trying to make this discussion about me is nonsensical.

6 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Strawman? Did you even bother to look up what the words were or the companies who are upset ? Strawman is drawing falsehoods and make believe arguments. 

You mean like claiming Obama was an extreme communist or claiming that what the protesters really mean is that white people are the root of all problems? Or how about reducing all of this to some simplistic team sport model where you are on one side and everyone that disagrees with you about anything is on the other?  

10 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Yet, nobody on your side has.

Which side is that again? I haven't received my jersey yet.

http://www.armytimes.com/veterans/2017/09/25/vfw-slams-nfl-players-for-anthem-protests/

VFW, American Legion slam NFL players for anthem protests

Officials from two of the nation’s largest veterans groups attacked this weekend’s National Football League protests as “disrespectful” to the American flag and the country.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/25/veterans-groups-blast-nfl-players-for-disrespecting-the-american-flag/

“The American Legion is one of the original architects of the U.S. Flag Code,” Rohan said. “That code was produced by 69 patriotic, fraternal, civic and military organizations in 1923. It included members of all political parties, big labor, industry and minorities.”

“The code calls on all present to stand at attention while the anthem is played. It wasn’t political when it was written, and it shouldn’t be political today,” Rohan added.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._national_anthem_protests_(2016–present)#Corporations

Century Link and Air Academy Federal Credit Union dropped him as a paid sponsor.[78] Radio station WFAY dropped a broadcast of an East Carolina University football game on the station after the marching band took part in the protest, calling it an insult to the U.S. Armed Forces.[79]

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg criticized the protest as "dumb and disrespectful," stating that athletes have the right to protest "if they want to be stupid." The U.S. Supreme Court later issued a statement from Ginsburg stating that her comments were "inappropriately dismissive and harsh. I should have declined to respond."[74

until 2009, when the United States Department of Defense began paying sporting organizations to hold patriotic displays.[9]

The battleship Sissoi Veliky was badly damaged by a torpedo in the stern, and was scuttled the next day. Two old armoured cruisers  Admiral Nakhimovand Vladimir Monomakh – were badly damaged, the former by a torpedo hit to the bow, the latter by colliding with a Japanese destroyer. They were both scuttled by their crews the next morning, the Admiral Nakhimov off Tsushima Island, where she headed while taking on water. The night attacks had put a great strain on the Russians, as they had lost two battleships and two armoured cruisers, while the Japanese had only lost three torpedo boats

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tsushima

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

You mean like claiming Obama was an extreme communist or claiming that what the protesters really mean is that white people are the root of all problems? Or how about reducing all of this to some simplistic team sport model where you are on one side and everyone that disagrees with you about anything is on the other?  

Which side is that again? I haven't received my jersey yet.

Let me rephrase this for you;

Did you even bother to look up what the words were or the companies who are upset ? Strawman is drawing falsehoods and make believe arguments. A very easy to verify research can be done to discover these items are true. Yet, you haven't.

Just now, Numbers said:

Let me rephrase this for you;

Did you even bother to look up what the words were or the companies who are upset ? Strawman is drawing falsehoods and make believe arguments.

And I just gave you multiple examples from this thread and your own posts but y'know, whatever.

Tritons can be observed to turn and give chase when the scent of prey is detected. Some starfish (including the crown-of-thorns starfish) appear to be able to detect the approach of the mollusc by means which are not clearly understood, and they will attempt flight before any physical contact has taken place. Tritons, however, are faster than starfish, and only large starfish have a reasonable hope of escape, and then only by abandoning whichever limb the snail seizes first.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charonia

14 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

To the guy with Dalton smoking a cigarette as avatar.

I have a name, you can even use the quote feature of this board to quote me if you want to speak directly to me.

Yes their is a anti white anti America anti christian narrative being played out by the leftist media in this country. This NFL chit is just another part of it.   

How many of you heard about the people murdered in the church Sunday down here? Murdered by a black immigrant.  I'm sure most of you have heard nothing about it.  The media is too busy glorifying the anti American NFL bums.

According to Gallup, 75% of Americans identify as Christian (link). In what ways are we being oppressed as a whole? I'm not interested in one off stories, your argument is that we as a nation are discriminating against the white christian populace.

Next in what ways, again on the whole, do you suggest that whites are being discriminated against?

Anyone can find stories of individual cases, but the reason these players are taking a knee is due to systemic injustice and systemic racism. (If you are unfamiliar with this term it means injustice and racism in our systems of government, not individual racism, that will never be cured)

Finally what do you believe constitutes being "Anti-American"? And how exactly is taking a knee to protest systemic problems "Anti-American"?

To those that say the flag is just a flag and the anthem is just a song.    

The flag and the anthem is supposed to represent the best of America. A constitutional republic where we the people govern ourselves. Where every man woman and child is free and has the right to pursue happiness.  

I'm not even going to get into the flag because most people don't even know US Flag code and how to treat the flag depending on the situation to begin with.

But let's talk about the anthem, did you know that the 3rd verse of the anthem has the following line in it?

" No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,"

Essentially our Star Spangled Banner's 3rd verse talks about killing slaves.

I'll bet you didn't know that did you?

You also say a boycott won't do anything and most of the tickets have already been purchased.  

Well your dead wrong. This boycott is going to bring the NFL to its knees and I pray to God that it brings it to bankruptcy. Most of the revenue comes from tv. If 50% less people are watching that should equate to 50% less revenue over time. I'm in a non NFL team state and a local news agency ran a Facebook poll of how many people were going to quit watching the NFL. Over 90% of voters said they were no longer going to watch the NFL or buy NFL team gear. Now we'll see how many of those folks stick to their guns. Hopefully the days of NFL players making millions of dollars a year is about to be over because their won't be enough money coming in.

I actually didn't say anything about ticket sales, I said I would not be boycotting because I was proud of these young men standing up for this issue. (Also Facebook polls are hardly scientific, Packers game seemed pretty full though ;))

Sorry I call everyone idiots.  It just pisses me the fuck off when I see such disrespect to the greatest nation on Earth by its own spoiled brat baby citizens.  If you cannot respect the men and women that volunteer to serve you as a citizen. If you cannot respect the fallen heroes. Those out here protecting our streets. Then get the fuck out. Move on to Iran or Syria or any African nation and see how bad you really have it here.

You say he leader of the nation has to earn your respect.... The anthem and the flag is not about the current leader. The leaders come and go. 4 years or 8 years then their gone. Be a fucking man show some respect.  Did we quit standing when Obama became president?  Those of us that didn't want his communist ways. Did we sit during the anthem because we hated that someone with extreme communist views was our leader?  Fuck no we didn't.

Greatest Nation on Earth?

I have a real problem with this kind of language. It puts us above others in the world and it's the kind of belief system that allows us to go to war just because we are American.

Is America a Great Nation? .... Our ideals are, even if by many measures we lack behind other nations in numerous areas, our ideals are what makes us great.

So maybe we should be applauding those who want to protest to ensure that we live up to those ideals?

And the idea that Obama is a communist is laugh out loud funny.

(Although many of you we're in the streets protesting Obama, but now you're upset about protesting?.... Good luck with that.)

Not standing for the flag is disrespectful.  Utilizing the (a green beret told me it was a good idea and he said it was a sign of this or that) is not justification for declaring the act of kneeling as NOT disrespectful.  Especially when the organizations that support the veterans say it is disrespectful.  Call it whatever you want.

I support the act of protesting.  I do not support the method of kneeling.  Why ?  Has it solved anything ?  No.  Is it disrespectful ?  Yes, to me and veteran affiliated companies stated above.  Anything that is capable of causing divisiveness as seen here on just this thread, not to mention elsewhere in the US, will never bring unity or peace.

Love you guys but this is not going to be solved when each side has trampled upon the dignity of others.  Communication will cease to be productive.  Problem goes unresolved.  ANYONE that thinks otherwise is simply fooling themselves.

20 minutes ago, Numbers said:

I support the act of protesting.  I do not support the method of kneeling.  Why ?  Has it solved anything ? 

It's got you and 1/2 the country talking about it which was probably the intention.  I don't think Kaep or anyone else expected the FOP to issue a statement like "Yeah my bad"

27 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Not standing for the flag is disrespectful.  Utilizing the (a green beret told me it was a good idea and he said it was a sign of this or that) is not justification for declaring the act of kneeling as NOT disrespectful.  Especially when the organizations that support the veterans say it is disrespectful.  Call it whatever you want.

I support the act of protesting.  I do not support the method of kneeling.  Why ?  Has it solved anything ?  No.  Is it disrespectful ?  Yes, to me and veteran affiliated companies stated above.  Anything that is capable of causing divisiveness as seen here on just this thread, not to mention elsewhere in the US, will never bring unity or peace.

Love you guys but this is not going to be solved when each side has trampled upon the dignity of others.  Communication will cease to be productive.  Problem goes unresolved.  ANYONE that thinks otherwise is simply fooling themselves.

So I'm going to tiptoe here and suggest that the flag doesn't belong to any one group and that that includes veterans.

So I'm going to tiptoe here and suggest that the flag doesn't belong to any one group and that that includes veterans.

Jamie please don't tiptoe. We've had a veteran type conversation before in reference to your friends and also my situation. The flag does not belong to one or another. It belongs to us or in some ways, it is us. You've seen my posts from day one being here. There's very little that drives me to post in the manner I've posted. Education and this. It's a mixed bag when I talk to other veterans on this matter. Too many analogies to draw to the Civil Rights all the way back to I think 1892 or so in regards to the anthem or flag protesting. What's your friends say about this ?

Just now, Numbers said:

Jamie please don't tiptoe. We've had a veteran type conversation before in reference to your friends and also my situation. The flag does not belong to one or another. It belongs to us or in some ways, it is us. You've seen my posts from day one being here. There's very little that drives me to post in the manner I've posted. Education and this. It's a mixed bag when I talk to other veterans on this matter. Too many analogies to draw to the Civil Rights all the way back to I think 1892 or so in regards to the anthem or flag protesting. What's your friends say about this ?

Much as you said, it's a mixed bag which includes my vet friends. Some are bothered by it, some are like USN and suggest it isn't the flag but the Constitution that they fought for.

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

GREAT POST!!  I couldn't stop laughing!

OMG YES WHY won't the 90% white, 90% Christian government do something about that 90% white-owned Anti-white anti-christian media?! THEY WONT STOP TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE THAT AREN'T WHITE AND CHRISTIAN WHY AM I BEING ATTACKED!!!?

:24:

EXTREME COMMUNIST OBAMA  

COMMUNIST MEANS BLACK, RIGHT?!

OK SO THE NFL HAS RAPISTS MURDERERS GANGBANGERS DRUG ADDICTS WOMAN BEATERS AND A GUY THAT CAN'T STOP SPITTING ON PEOPLE BUT A BLACK DUDE TOOK A KNEE DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM WHILE I WAS IN THE BEER LINE!! BOYCOTT!!!

fUCKIN.. .DED...

Please please keep this mess coming, Catfish Bob.  The Go-Bengals Hall of Fame is in your reach bud.

No not because he was black you one minded ass mother fucker. Quit saying that stupid fucking bull shit. I don't give a fuck what his god dam akin color was. Only peices of fucking shit like ur libtard ass do!!! Wake up!! 

By communist I mean by raising my fucking taxes. Signing a absurd amount of BS executive orders that were power grabs for the corporations. Obama was extremely communist and extremely in favor of corporations over people. Where the fuck you been the last 8 years? With your stuck up ur libtard ass? 

I don't care if Obama was as black as a night sky. I judge a man on his actions. His actions were clearly against freedom and in favor of corporations. 

IMO Bush jr Clinton and bush sr were communist too. So no I don't say anything because of his skin color that is the only defense you idiots can come up with for his actions. "Because he was black". No fuck you. 

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I have a name, you can even use the quote feature of this board to quote me if you want to speak directly to me.

According to Gallup, 75% of Americans identify as Christian (link). In what ways are we being oppressed as a whole? I'm not interested in one off stories, your argument is that we as a nation are discriminating against the white christian populace.

Next in what ways, again on the whole, do you suggest that whites are being discriminated against?

Anyone can find stories of individual cases, but the reason these players are taking a knee is due to systemic injustice and systemic racism. (If you are unfamiliar with this term it means injustice and racism in our systems of government, not individual racism, that will never be cured)

Finally what do you believe constitutes being "Anti-American"? And how exactly is taking a knee to protest systemic problems "Anti-American"?

I'm not even going to get into the flag because most people don't even know US Flag code and how to treat the flag depending on the situation to begin with.

But let's talk about the anthem, did you know that the 3rd verse of the anthem has the following line in it?

" No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,"

Essentially our Star Spangled Banner's 3rd verse talks about killing slaves.

I'll bet you didn't know that did you?

I actually didn't say anything about ticket sales, I said I would not be boycotting because I was proud of these young men standing up for this issue. (Also Facebook polls are hardly scientific, Packers game seemed pretty full though ;))

Greatest Nation on Earth?

I have a real problem with this kind of language. It puts us above others in the world and it's the kind of belief system that allows us to go to war just because we are American.

Is America a Great Nation? .... Our ideals are, even if by many measures we lack behind other nations in numerous areas, our ideals are what makes us great.

So maybe we should be applauding those who want to protest to ensure that we live up to those ideals?

And the idea that Obama is a communist is laugh out loud funny.

(Although many of you we're in the streets protesting Obama, but now you're upset about protesting?.... Good luck with that.)

First off I wasn't on the streets protesting anything. I voted 3rd party on the election like I have since I was 18. No I didn't want Obama but that is who the majority wanted so I sucked it up and kept my mouth shut. 

Honestly I was somewhat happy when he won. I thought it would put a end to a lot of this injustice crying out. Clearly I was wrong as it's only getting worse. 

33 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

By communist I mean by raising my fucking taxes... Obama was extremely communist and extremely in favor of corporations over people. 

Yes I already knew you had no fucking idea what communism is, no need to belabor the point.  Just call me libtard some more until you feel better about yourself.

18 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yes I already knew you had no fucking idea what communism is, no need to belabor the point.  Just call me libtard some more until you feel better about yourself.

Yes I do know what communism is and that was the path we were headed down. Luckily Trump seems like a real American and not a shrill for BP and Royal Dutch  Goldman  and the rest that Obama bent over backwards for.

Thanks to Clinton the bush family and Obama hard working folks like me are sitting on a 25% income tax. God forbid I get a little fucking overtime that shit gets taxed at almost 50%.  That is the seeds of communism. 

8 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Yes I do know what communism is and that was the path we were headed down. Luckily Trump seems like a real American and not a shrill for BP and Royal Dutch  Goldman  and the rest that Obama bent over backwards for.

Dude what you are describing is almost the exact opposite of communism.  In fact, you sound like a bit of a socialist (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

LOL @ Trump being a real anything other than a troll.  All this noise about not disrespecting vets and then you support a draft dodging Manhattan socialite? Comedy gold!  How the fuck can that douche canoe even see real America from his penthouse at the top of his golden skyscraper?

Please continue, this shit keeps getting better.

Archived