Mouse jerk

Cat

Weird thing - standard PC, have 16 gigs of ram, Windows 10 - decent vid card, decent processor - what else would cause a mouse to be lagging / jerky? Replaced batteries in wireless mouse, and doesn't always do it - sometimes in a game, sometimes not - I check Kaspersky when it starts jerking and it's not scanning or updating... it really does seem random, and task manager doesn't show anything that's hogging resources - any ideas? Quality of ram perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks fellers - tried everything listed, seems to be a tad better, but sometimes it just seems to freak out for no reason - cleaned the sensor, cleaned off the mouse pad - seems to be a computer performance issue. Not sure if it's because I don't have the gigantic fancy RAM sticks that I see on Newegg, or if my processor is getting long in the tooth (AMD 8350).

I've been having logitech problems for the last couple of mice/keyoard combos.  It's to the point where the next time I need a mouse, it won't be a logitech.  I already replaced the wireless keyboard with a cabled one as Logitech doesn't really provide information on encryption (i.e., how strong).

at work I have a Cherry keyboard/mouse combo -- works flawlessly and only needs to be recharged about once a year.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived