Bengals at Redskins Game Thread

8 minutes ago, stan said:

Turnovers cost the Bengals this game-Mixon and McCarron.

The silver lining is that they were held to FGs on both short fields after the turnovers. If the score actually mattered and you wanted to blame something, it would be the OL taking a total shit on that drive where Huber got sacked.

36 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

guys at work already running their mouth... its amazing..

They are engineers and lose all of their intelligence when it comes to sports.. Browns...blah blah blah..kizer..blah blah blah...

I have a bet with a dude who will have more wins....

Which team do you have?

:ninja:

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

Right. During the week, I saw that the game was supposed to start at 4. So they must've kicked off somewhere in between.

I was at the game, and it started at 4:25.  I thought what you did as well, it was supposed to be a 4:30 start.  

There was quite a bit of your fan base there. 

Other than the first drive the offense was not very impressive.  Things seemed out of sync.  I was not at all impressed by McCarron.  Only thing he did was little short passes.  He's been around a while and it still looks like they have him on a restricted play list, or he just always checks down.  I dunno, but I would take a 2nd round pick an move on.  I don't see that guy carrying the team anywhere.

Cody Core also left me unimpressed.  All kinds a hoopla around this guy, but at some point he is going to have do do something.  He had a couple of opportunities, but blew them. 

Oogie-Boogie and Fisher seemed OK.  Fingers crossed there. 

The pass rush of the new guys was impressive.  Smith, Lawson and Willis looked very good. 

Burfict can't get hurt.  Vinnie Rey is a fine guy for ST, but gets blown up by blockers more than any LB I've ever watched. 

Those were my initial thoughts.  In general they seemed to be out of sync on offense and even on D a lot of the game.  They need to clean a bunch of stuff up. 

4 hours ago, Hooky said:

Again, I'm way behind. I just saw them saying this. What does this have to do with them hating the Bengals? Or with Joe Buck not being a total douche?

Nothing.  The talking heads sounded like cunt farting quiffs at a tea party. (not THAT kind).  Oh, we're so glad you're here with us and not that nasty old CBS, etc.  Like, what did two sky cams have to do with anything much less be worth a mention.  I mean, it was a football game.  And Joe Fuck is an insult to the douches of the world.

Watched this game late last night.

Only thing that concerns me about this team (putting Taz's suspension aside) is the middle of the defense can be had on short yardage passing plays and sometimes run D, Kevin Minter has been really underwhelming so far, hope it's just a getting the system down thing because he isnt showing me much yet. Depth on both sides but moreso on D is a bit concerning as well.

That said if Taz's suspension is overturned or at least reduced to 3 or less games, I think well be fine (barring any major injuries)

Archived