NFL favoritism

On the Bengals first possession, the announcers hit all of the tired Bengals talking points.

I wasn't able to see the game (until now) but I was checking the NFL website on my phone and the first headline I saw was something titled "Captain Kirk" and the sub title was "Cousins leads the charge over the Bengals"... meanwhile it was 7-3 Bengals.  A little bit ago the headline is "Double Trouble!" and said something about that RB and Cousins "chipping away at the Bengals lead".  Now it's "Pryor gets UP!" and says Terelle Pryor and the Redskins are "gaining" on the Bengals.  How about saying something about the team that's leading?  No?

I hate the NFL.

Yeah Tony Gonzalez says ate the Bengals that good or are the Redskins that bad. Marvin Lewis needs to be more aggressive and shut up all these haters. 5 wide on 4 the and short all season lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

All about the money.  We are a small fanbase in the NFL.  The national guys aren't going to spend the time covering the Bengals and will just revert to the same recycled messages.  The Bengals are a sideshow to the networks.  They are there to highlight the big dollar teams.  It's not fair, it's a business.

We are nothing more than filler as far as the media is concerned.   We are the Milwaukee Bucks of the NFL.   We round out schedules for teams like Pittsburgh, Washington, both NYs, New England, Seattle, Dallas and NOW the super duper LA teams. 

The money comes from TV and nobody in TV wants a successful Bengals team to drag down revenue.   Luckily Green Bay has a long time following and great QBs the last 20 years.   I am sure the league continues to worry about Chicago not playing well but us or the Browns,??,...LOL. 

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Put away the tinfoil hats you guys.

:ninja:

I don't think the league does anything intentional but the announcing is pretty one sided at times. Perfect example is the constant blathering about all the arrests we have had recently.  Funny thing is Denver and Minnesota have had MORE since 2000 than then Bengals but you NEVER EVER hear about it. 

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

We are nothing more than filler as far as the media is concerned.   We are the Milwaukee Bucks of the NFL.   We round out schedules for teams like Pittsburgh, Washington, both NYs, New England, Seattle, Dallas and NOW the super duper LA teams. 

The money comes from TV and nobody in TV wants a successful Bengals team to drag down revenue.   Luckily Green Bay has a long time following and great QBs the last 20 years.   I am sure the league continues to worry about Chicago not playing well but us or the Browns,??,...LOL. 

Wait a minute--a few posts down, you say the league "isn't doing anything intentional". What you write here is a totally different statement. 

23 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I don't think the league does anything intentional 

I'd say it's beyond intentional at this point and over to malicious.  That suspension is a big "Fuck You" to the fans.  Just like sending us the same ref crew from the WC game the next time we faced Shitsburgh.  They're sending a message.

34 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Wait a minute--a few posts down, you say the league "isn't doing anything intentional". What you write here is a totally different statement. 

I said the league doesn't do anything intentional but they sure as hell don't want us to be successful.  We are a filler team.  Every league needs filler teams. The NFL was ecstatic when ultra rich tech heavy Seattle and San Francisco were winning again.  Popped a boner when Atlanta with their new stadium made the Superbowl.  Detroit, Cleveland, Kansas City, Buffalo need not apply. 

The Burfict suspension should not be a surprise.  They were looking to make a point and Vontaze was the perfect person to do it with.  Based on the new rule, the hit is illegal.  That said 5 games is fucking retarded.  Burfict just knocked him to the ground, it wasn't a vicious hit with any intent to injure. I think the average person can tell when a player is intentionally trying to hurt another one.  Here is an example, notice the lowering of the helmet and targeting of the head: 

Archived