Burfict Suspended five games

1 minute ago, fredtoast said:

1.  The NFL is not hurting or dying in any way.

2.  None of you are "breaking up with" the NFL.  If you were then you would not be here.

3.  Burfict does have a history of cheap shots, stomping, and leg twisting.  He has brought this scrutiny on himself.

4.  This particular hit did not look dirty at all and it is BS if he is suspended for it.

Who the hell are you to tell people what they will or won't do?

My nfl experience is down to just watching the Bengals games, this forum, and the Bengals website. However, I also am entertained on YouTube by these Bengals talking heads, D&H Sports.

13 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

I am the guy who sees them posting on an NFL team web site at the same time they are claiming to be "finished" with the NFL.

This isn't an NFL website, it's a fan site.  Unless Go is really Goodell undercover 

OMG!

GO-BENGALS

GO-ODELL

:Horror-min:

I am so fucking sick of this shit!! Sorry for my language but i am beyond pissed (as I'm sure most of you are) After Shazier gets a pat on the back and not even flagged on a much more severe hit (i know it wasn't a rule then, it was just common sense) and now a 5 game suspension?!?! Geezus this is what we call Football in 2017....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

2 hours ago, fredtoast said:

1.  The NFL is not hurting or dying in any way.

2.  None of you are "breaking up with" the NFL.  If you were then you would not be here.

3.  Burfict does have a history of cheap shots, stomping, and leg twisting.  He has brought this scrutiny on himself.

4.  This particular hit did not look dirty at all and it is BS if he is suspended for it.

No the NFL is not "hurting" or "dying"--it is merely corroding itself from within, with the endless rule changes/mismanagement of rule changes/inconsistencies and blatant disregard of rule changes. And this is not just since concussion litigation--it has been deteriorating for at least the past decade into this glam/glitz amalgamation of what was once a real sport.

Nothing so dramatic as a "break-up"...for me, it has been a steadily decreasing interest and road to outright contempt. I can, and have, done without it...and will continue to do so. There is a remnant that lures me to the stadium a few times a year, but that is mainly due to my enjoyment of the people in attendance, a little pre-game fun--not because the product is anything to speak of. 

Since you have bought the fake news that anything this man does is inherently evil, you will no doubt continue to buy it.

1 out of 4 points being correct would be an OK night at the plate--but only if the 1 was a base-clearing hit. #4 was a solid double.            

6 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Nothing so dramatic as a "break-up"...for me, it has been a steadily decreasing interest and road to outright contempt.       

That sounds about right.  Used to make a point of going to at least one home game every year.  Now I don't even watch all of them, at least not live.  There are fish to be caught and BBQ to be smoked, and plenty of other things to do with my Sunday afternoons that don't make me feel like a mark.  I don't have any illusions about this impacting the NFL.  

I am a Bengals fan, but my interest in the NFL has definitely dropped.  I dumped the Sunday Ticket around 10 years ago.  No more fantasy football either.  It was nice to get my Sundays back.  I haven't attended an NFL game in a long, long time.  I don't buy any of their stuff either. 

If you would have told me I would be more of a college football fan 20 years ago I would have said you were nuts, but here I am.  The level of play is there and the emotions are real.  There are so many football games on TV every weekend that it is just too much for me. 

47 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Since you have bought the fake news that anything this man does is inherently evil, you will no doubt continue to buy it.  

It has nothing to do with what I have been told by anyone.  It has to do with what I have seen with my own eyes.  And I am not talking aoput split second decisions on hits.  I am talking about after the play is over stomping and leg twisting.

Sucks Burfict is in this position, but his history affords him no breaks.  It is clear he is a target and he will get no leeway.  Losing a third of the season is going to cost us big time, IMO.  Like it or not, keeping him around might be the wrong move since he will constantly be at risk for suspensions.  

A few things at work here.

Nfl (Goodell) will use situations like this to show they are in control, it's easy after the Brady decision.

Bengals and Burfect will never get a break and both have to realize that they are easily chastised (read fucked) with little repercussion.

Burfect is a fuckin idiot, one dot higher than Pacman on the common sense ladder. I'm very sick of Pac and getting close with Burfect.

Our defense will be terrible starting the season.

4 hours ago, 1newprodigy said:

I am so fucking sick of this shit!! Sorry for my language but i am beyond pissed 

Let it out, newprodigy, this is a safe space.  If you can't come here and call Roger Goodell a smarmy, duplicitous goat-fucking misbegotten son of a filthy 5 dollar whore that would gladly suck the shit out of a roadkill possum if it got his name in the press, then..  Wait, what was the question?

2 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

A few things at work here.

Nfl (Goodell) will use situations like this to show they are in control, it's easy after the Brady decision.

Bengals and Burfect will never get a break and both have to realize that they are easily chastised (read fucked) with little repercussion.

Burfect is a fuckin idiot, one dot higher than Pacman on the common sense ladder. I'm very sick of Pac and getting close with Burfect.

Our defense will be terrible starting the season.

So why do they need to "realize that they are easily chastised"? This is a clear observation that this is a corrupt/slanted league? So how is attempting to dance to their tune going to solve anything? 

If they are indeed the Milwaukee Bucks of the NFL--just the straight men for the league's comedy--why tow the line on anything? Go full Bad Boys Pistons on them all--who knows, maybe the cult of personality will sell and then this farcical league will actually glorify them. 

8 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Go full Bad Boys Pistons on them all--who knows, maybe the cult of personality will sell and then this farcical league will actually glorify them. 

That's actually a sound strategy IMO but you know The Redeemer would never go for it. Even if it doesn't work at least we're not just clap-clap-clapping along.  Said much the same during the infamous WC game.  It stopped being a football game when they let them headhunt Gio.  Anything that happened after that was self-defense.  It's the refs job, maybe their most important job, to prevent the game from getting to that point.  It's absolutely vital in a full-contact sport.  That crew didn't even try, and then the NFL sent them again for the same rivalry.  They WANT the violence, they know it sells, but they have to blah-blah player safety so they suspend Burfict every season.  

See there I go getting all pissed off again.  There's enough real-world stuff going on without trying to find entertainment in some rottenly corrupt sports league.  It's supposed to be a relief from all that, not the same bag of shit in microcosm. 

You speak truth.

i was just remembering how Bill Laimbeer pushed and needled Robert Parrish into clocking him--then PARRISH gets a suspension! That was when the equally corrupt NBA took a real shine (read: they sold a lot of stuff) to Detroit, and allowed them to go full Antifa on any team--including the sainted Celtics. It only lasted a few years--but they got two Rings out of it. 

Fuck it...let's do it. Give me a few Laimbeers, Mahorns, and Rodmans--let's get this circus started. 

I wish your analogy were true to our position. Truth is, Laimbeer plastered Michael Jordan to the ground over and over again....then the NBA made up some new rules, and even if they didn't, they suddenly enforced old ones to protect their new moneymaker, whom also happened to be a trandscendant talent. Best the league had ever seen. Coffers were opened. 

Michael Jordan became one of the most ref favored players in the league, and bitched when he didn't get calls. He bitched and bitched. The NBA listened. He was their most valuable product. His non-call push off against Utah in game six was legend. Everyone made excuses for it until it became legal. No foul called, legend makes play, goodnight sir!

This is a similar situation, though Burfict is now the Black Knight.

Archived