Burfict Suspended five games

I thought Marvin was on the NFL Competition Committee which gives the OK for all rule changes, etc.  You would think he would know how this new rule should be interpreted and Roger would understand that.  Maybe he should be meeting with the other committee members and get things corrected.

I never assume Marvin understands anything.

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

I never assume Marvin understands anything.

I agree 100%.  But all I ever hear from the Marvin apologists is how he has such great respect and rapport from his peers including other owners.  You would think a phone call from the Marvin's committee buddies would help Burfict.

13 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

I agree 100%.  But all I ever hear from the Marvin apologists is how he has such great respect and rapport from his peers including other owners.  You would think a phone call from the Marvin's committee buddies would help Burfict.

Seriously?

You think another head coach is just going to call up Goodell and "straighten him out" then everything will be fine?

What's next?  Blaming Hurricane Harvey on Marvin?

I seriously cannot even believe they gave him 5 games for this shit.  It feels like the NFL fucks the Bengals so bad... then time passes and I convince myself that I am just a fan that is programmed to feel that my team is singled out.  Then it happens again.  And again.  And again.  It makes it difficult to care.  It makes it difficult not to wish bad things on certain mother fuckers.

The only justice that can possibly happen on this is for there to be a complete reversal and no suspension at all.  Anything else is utter bullshit.

2 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Seriously?

You think another head coach is just going to call up Goodell and "straighten him out" then everything will be fine?

What's next?  Blaming Hurricane Harvey on Marvin?

If you knew as much as you think you do  notice there are only 2 other coaches on the committee, the rest are general managers, presidents and owners.

And I never blamed Marvin for anything only suggesting he worked the "network" he supposedly has.

http://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/the-nfl-competition-committee/

From the NFL Competition Committee website:

At the annual meeting, the Competition Committee presents a report of its findings to the 32 owners, who vote on any proposed new rules or rules changes. To be adopted, a new rule or a revision must have the support of 75 percent of the owners (24 yes votes out of 32 clubs).

During the season, the committee meets occasionally by conference call or in person to review current issues in the game and to begin to discuss potential agenda items for the next year’s meeting.

The NFL commissioner selects the members of the Competition Committee, which currently consists of two owners, two club presidents, three general managers and three head coaches:

• Rich McKay (chairman) – president, Atlanta Falcons 
  • John Mara – owner, New York Giants
  • Stephen Jones – owner, Dallas Cowboys
  • Mark Murphy – president, Green Bay Packers
  • Ozzie Newsome – general manager, Baltimore Ravens
  • Rick Smith – general manager, Houston Texans
  • Marvin Lewis – head coach, Cincinnati Bengals
  • Mike Tomlin – head coach, Pittsburgh Stealers
  • Bruce Arians – head coach, Arizona Cardinals
  • John Elway – general manager, Denver Broncos

The wait is driving me semi crazy. It was a good hit. It seems to me the NFL is trying its best to help Pittsburgh win the AFCN by removing Burfict. I saw several guys on YouTube NOT Bengals fans say it was a good hit. They, too, are upset with the NFL. One said the players should wear dresses instead of pads. Warning: The video contains foul/gross, inexcusable language. 

I just read what Marvin had to say today about this situation and I have never been prouder of him.  I wish he would speak up like this more often.  I wish the entire organization was on the freaking attack talking the same exact way, but good for Lewis for speaking his mind and making sense of the matter.

5 minutes ago, rcarpenter62 said:

I just read what Marvin had to say today about this situation and I have never been prouder of him.  I wish he would speak up like this more often.  I wish the entire organization was on the freaking attack talking the same exact way, but good for Lewis for speaking his mind and making sense of the matter.

Link? I don't see anything on their website

41 minutes ago, Hooky said:

So does Goodell.

On that note, where is the NFLPA in all this?  It's blatantly obvious he's scapegoating a player yet they remain silent.  Almost makes me think this is something they planned together.  Sacrificial lamb?

Yeah I know, tinfoil hat etc etc.. A corrupt labor union?  Crazy talk.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

On that note, where is the NFLPA in all this?  It's blatantly obvious he's scapegoating a player yet they remain silent.  Almost makes me think this is something they planned together.  Sacrificial lamb?

Yeah I know, tinfoil hat etc etc.. A corrupt labor union?  Crazy talk.

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The NFLPA has been toothless even before they took the CBA before last straight up the keester. 

They haven't been a viable organization since John Mackey challenged the Rozelle Rule. 

Too bad Burfict doesn't have any way to get in contact with the current President of the NFL Players Union.

:rolleyes:

WDCCT?  (What Does Chris Collinsworth Think?) .... :ph34r:

So how does Burfict's suspension affect Marvin's contract extension.  Assuming it isn't a done-deal already.  Which I assume it is.

Anyway, if the Burfictless Bengals lose X of those five games without him.  And it keeps them out of the playoffs do the Bengals

a) let Marvin go as head(less) coach (and to the front office)

or

b) sign him to one citing the loss of a key player for five games as the reason/excuse?

Will you be happy if the NFL reduces the suspension from five games to three games?

By the way... The Stealers, their fans, and ESPN are laughing and dancing all across the country to this news.

For what it is worth, I stopped watching ESPN since last season.

Did you know (and you may say, who cares), Rush Limbaugh said last week 96% of ESPN’s talking heads voted for Hillary. I don’t know how he came up with 96%. And yes, I listen to Rush.

39 minutes ago, Rick said:

Did you know (and you may say, who cares), Rush Limbaugh said last week 96% of ESPN’s talking heads voted for Hillary. I don’t know how he came up with 96%. And yes, I listen to Rush.

Why the hell would anyone care what party sports announcers belong to? They don't talk politics.

But I do know that Will Cain was a political commentator for the right-wing conservative media outlet The Blaze before he worked at ESPN.  So it is not like they pick their on air personalities based on being liberal.

Archived