Burfict Suspended five games

8 hours ago, cnbengal said:

Wrong, it was well known at Miami, there were several allegations but they went away because he was the star QB, "Big Ben" s reputation proceeded him. Pitt new what they were getting they just didn't care.

Actually there were plenty of allegations of him being spoiled, but none of him being a sexual predator.

12 hours ago, schotzee said:

It's nice that y'all believe there is no corruptness in a billion dollar business. God bless you all.

I am always suspicious of corruption when there is a profit motive.  Corruption in a "billion dollar business" is based on money, not just wanting to pick on one random team for no apparent reason.

I am a skeptic, but I am a logical skeptic.  When you start believing that everything is corrupt just because everything us corrupt (and of course YOU are always the victim) then you need to be fitted for a tin foil hat.

How does this 6 week suspension of the most popular player on "America's team" fit into your "The NFL is only out to get the Bengals" theory?

19 hours ago, fredtoast said:

I don't know if you have anything right because I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

Are you really trying to claim that If ben got charged with another sexual assault he would not get suspended again for longer than 4 games?

And Ben had no history or sexual assault in college.  So what do you think you "have right"?

<sarcasm>Oh come on, his history was so bad that every team passed on him in the draft.</sarcasm>

"But that other guy..." is not only a logical fallacy, it's weak ass defense. It only serves to show your bias writ large. Their guy should be punished harshly, my guy shouldn't.

And we just drafted Joe Mixon. Some folks are looking very silly on their high horses right now.

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

I am always suspicious of corruption when there is a profit motive.  Corruption in a "billion dollar business" is based on money, not just wanting to pick on one random team for no apparent reason.

I am a skeptic, but I am a logical skeptic.  When you start believing that everything is corrupt just because everything us corrupt (and of course YOU are always the victim) then you need to be fitted for a tin foil hat.

How does this 6 week suspension of the most popular player on "America's team" fit into your "The NFL is only out to get the Bengals" theory?

Not really. They create better reception for the enemy. Anyway, I'm not sure I've specifically stated it's only against the Bengals. I think they pick and choose sometimes randomly to protect their image of unbiased.A smart crook will throw in what appears a good deed once in awhile.

23 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Again, one personal foul last season.  Singular, uno.  Then they suspend him for 5 games, almost 1/3rd of the season, just to draw attention to a new rule.  You're ok with that?

If the Cowboys had so many suspensions, why isn't ESPN et al dragging them through the mud?  $$$$$.

You mean this one singular UNO personal foul?  

In his first game back from suspension this season( last year)  the linebacker (Burfict)  dove at New England Patriots tight end Martellus Bennett’s knee from behind and stomped on running back LeGarrette Blount’s leg after a touchdown.   

The ball hadn't even been thrown yet.  He is targeting players and trying to seriously injure them.  He was clearly aiming for Bennett's knee trying to injure him and even if the ball had been thrown to Bennett it would have been pass interference regardless. Filthy dirty hit.  I wouldn't care if he got a late hit penalty on a QB trying to sack him, that is NOT what is going on.  Then he stomps on a guys leg in the endzone.  Gee, I can't understand why the league is targeting poor ole Vontaze. 

Oh, lets not forget him targeting Gio Bernard's knee at training camp this year.   Last time I checked, Gio was on his team.  Seriously, you go low on your own teammate in practice?

Actually, he had 2 personal foul penalties last year both resulting in fines.  The other one was kinda funny. 

Why aren't the Cowboys being dragged thru the mud?  Because their players do their stupid shit OFF the field.  There is a HUGE difference when the player in question is trying to intentionally injure FELLOW NFL PLAYERS during games.   Nobody in the NFL hates Josh Gordon, everyone besides Dolphin fans hates Ndamukong Suh because he is a dirty player.  If Suh does anything wrong, he will get the same treatment as Burfict. 

Really... Burfict has been hit with 16 unnecessary roughness penalties in just 5 seasons, and that's with him being suspended. If he had managed to play all 16 each year, I'm sure he could have easily made that 20.

And.... The nut punch on Ryan Taylor? The obvious and disgusting twisting of Cam Newton's ankle and Greg Olsen's in the same game? These aren't "oops, speed of the game" penalties, these are the actions of a psychopath. He targets guys low when he's not headhunting. He tries to injure people when the play is dead.

You have to be drinking a special brand of Kool-Aid to think that Burfict is some innocent victim here. If he played for any other team in the NFL you'd be complaining that the suspension wasn't long enough.

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

In his first game back from suspension this season( last year)  the linebacker (Burfict)  dove at New England Patriots tight end Martellus Bennett’s knee from behind and stomped on running back LeGarrette Blount’s leg after a touchdown.

People get hit in the legs & stepped on every single play, but enjoy your witch hunt.   The ESPNFL thanks you for your unwavering support.

Just now, T-Dub said:

People get hit in the legs & stepped on every single play, but enjoy your witch hunt.   The ESPNFL thanks you for your unwavering support.

If you are trying to be cute you are failing.  He lined up Bennett's knee from behind IN THE OPEN FIELD and dove at it.   Bennett didn't have the ball.  Bennett never saw it coming.   Find me some other footage of players doing that if it happens all the time.   It was a cowardly dirty play.  

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

If you are trying to be cute you are failing.  He lined up Bennett's knee from behind IN THE OPEN FIELD and dove at it.   Bennett didn't have the ball.  Bennett never saw it coming.   Find me some other footage of players doing that if it happens all the time.   It was a cowardly dirty play.  

No, I just think you're buying into the narrative because you've got some cognitive dissonance between "Life is unfair get over it" and "the Bengals aren't at any disadvantage".   If you admit that Burfict didn't deserve a 5 game suspension (the NFL thought he didn't, either) then the whole premise of NFL parity is in question.  And yes, it's a little funny to me that anyone still believes in their Mom & Apple Pie integrity bullshit.

No biggie, agree to disagree. 

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

I forget the game, it might have been the first back for Burfict after microfracture surgery. A stealer I believe dove right at Burfict's knee blocking down field. He never cried about it, just avoided it and kept his mouth shut. Not his fault many of the other players aren't as tough as him.

16 minutes ago, schotzee said:

I forget the game, it might have been the first back for Burfict after microfracture surgery. A stealer I believe dove right at Burfict's knee blocking down field. He never cried about it, just avoided it and kept his mouth shut. Not his fault many of the other players aren't as tough as him.

Your comparing a downfield face to face block with what Burfict did to Bennett?? How is Bennett supposed to avoid a hit he never sees coming??

So if a Pittspuke TE goes out 10 yards and then doubles back and crack back blocks Burfict from behind at the knees the board is ok with this?  See the real problem is the Stealers still have not gotten Burfict back for what he did to Brown and the Rapist.   So when that hammer finally drops, and it probably will, I just hope everyone is ok with whomever they target.  AJ Green?  Ross?   Eifert?  

9 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Your comparing a downfield face to face block with what Burfict did to Bennett?? How is Bennett supposed to avoid a hit he never sees coming??

I guess my point is, I don't think Burfict would complain even if he was blindsided. I think his style of play is like backyard football. I have little doubt he'd make a deal out of it. He'd just shrug it off.In other words to him I think he feels no plays are dirty. Just his mindset.

15 minutes ago, SF2 said:

So if a Pittspuke TE goes out 10 yards and then doubles back and crack back blocks Burfict from behind at the knees the board is ok with this?  See the real problem is the Stealers still have not gotten Burfict back for what he did to Brown and the Rapist.   So when that hammer finally drops, and it probably will, I just hope everyone is ok with whomever they target.  AJ Green?  Ross?   Eifert?  

You say this like Shitsburgh hasn't been headhunting Bengals players since 1967.  They're pissed because Burfict finally gave them a taste of their own medicine.  Now they're cry-bullying from behind Goodell's skirt, like the bitches they are.

I mean... Hold up.  Did you just say Pittsburgh owes us?  You don't like Burfict, ok fine, but let's not go completely off the rails here.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

You say this like Shitsburgh hasn't been headhunting Bengals players since 1967.  They're pissed because Burfict finally gave them a taste of their own medicine.  Now they're cry-bullying from behind Goodell's skirt, like the bitches they are.

I mean... Hold up.  Did you just say Pittsburgh owes us?

The current players certainly think they do.  How exactly did we give them a taste of their own medicine??,..by giving away a playoff victory and having our best player sit for 3 games?  

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

You say this like Shitsburgh hasn't been headhunting Bengals players since 1967.  They're pissed because Burfict finally gave them a taste of their own medicine.  

I mean... Hold up.  Did you just say Pittsburgh owes us?

Yea, Browns was an act bc he smiled when he got up. If he thought it was dirty he wouldn't have been smiling. What did he do to Ben that was so bad other than tackle him?

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The current players certainly think they do.  How exactly did we give them a taste of their own medicine??,..by giving away a playoff victory and having our best player sit for 3 games?  

By showing them that we'll hit back.  That game stopped being football when they called the Code Red on Gio.  Fuck a suspension, honestly.  They're obviously scared as shit now or they wouldn't still be talking like they check under their beds for Burfict every night.  Now they know they're going to get as good as they give, and I'd call that a vast improvement.  

And you're right, we're the ones who get the suspensions.  But we deserve it, right?  They're a tough, physical football team that does things the right... 

:31:

I admit, this all seems so obvious to me that I do have a hard time taking the argument seriously.  I mean no offense, you're as respectable a poster as we have around here.

Which is to say, mostly. :ninja:

13 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I mean... Hold up.  Did you just say Pittsburgh owes us?  You don't like Burfict, ok fine, but let's not go completely off the rails here.

I wish Burfict had gotten a few cracks at whines hard.

3 minutes ago, schotzee said:

I wish Burfict had gotten a few cracks at whines hard.

I wish Marvin didn't clap-clap-clap and hand out Vaseline on the sideline whenever our guys get targeted like that.  I like that he doesn't lose his shit but I don't like that he never loses his shit. If that makes sense.

I still think he lost control of the team in the WC game because of it.  He needed to step up.

13 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I wish Marvin didn't clap-clap-clap and hand out Vaseline on the sideline whenever our guys get targeted like that.  I like that he doesn't lose his shit but I don't like that he never loses his shit. If that makes sense.

I still think he lost control of the team in the WC game because of it.  He needed to step up.

I don't disagree. You need an emotional spark plug at certain times.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

By showing them that we'll hit back.  That game stopped being football when they called the Code Red on Gio.  Fuck a suspension, honestly.  They're obviously scared as shit now or they wouldn't still be talking like they check under their beds for Burfict every night.  Now they know they're going to get as good as they give, and I'd call that a vast improvement.  

And you're right, we're the ones who get the suspensions.  But we deserve it, right?  They're a tough, physical football team that does things the right... 

:31:

I admit, this all seems so obvious to me that I do have a hard time taking the argument seriously.  I mean no offense, you're as respectable a poster as we have around here.

Which is to say, mostly. :ninja:

Burfict is the most destructive player we have ever had on defense in my opinion.  He is every bit as good as Luke Kuchley and Von Miller.  That said he has to pull his head out of his ass.  He can't help us sitting on the bench suspended.  Worse is if he gets another one of these any time soon, you can bet he is out a full 6 to 8 games.   That would be tragic for this team.  This isn't about the Stealers, its about keeping our best Players on the field. Same goes for PacMan. 

The Shazier hit was bullshit and I was happy to see the Rapist get blown the fuck up by Taze later in the game but at THAT point we needed an adult to step in and remind the team that we had a legitimate chance to win that game and certainly, after Ben walked off unable to throw, we just needed to play smart football.  Didn't happen.  Hill fumbled and rest his history.  There were 22 seconds left in the game.  Pittsburgh was out of timeouts. Rothleisberger could not throw.  We spot them 30 yards. 

We would have played Denver next, a team we should have beaten a few weeks earlier in McCarron's second career start.  We had a legit shot at the AFC Championship game. Our defense was playing every bit as good as Denver's at that point and Burfict was one of the main reasons.  Everything was lining up for us yet we pissed it away to deliver a SECOND revenge hit in a game we HAD won.

The other issue is he has to quit leading with his helmet on tackles.  He must have knocked himself (temporarily) out of 3 or 4 games last year leading with his helmet to deliver big blows.  He could barely get up after a few of them.  Big hits are cool but we need the guy on the field to prevent big running plays and cut off the corners which he is a master at.  

4 hours ago, schotzee said:

I guess my point is, I don't think Burfict would complain even if he was blindsided. I think his style of play is like backyard football. I have little doubt he'd make a deal out of it. He'd just shrug it off.In other words to him I think he feels no plays are dirty. Just his mindset.

The player didn't complain.... The league did.

"He feels no plays are dirty" - Yeah, that's a problem. And screw that, most of his more egregious fouls have been after the play is dead. 

I mean, you'd be OK with a Steeler player kneeing Eifert in the shoulder? You'd be OK with them twisting Dalton and Green's ankles? You'd be OK with Shazier punching Bodine in the twig and berries to draw a ticky-tack foul? We're all rightly pissed at the hit he laid on Gio, but two wrongs make a right?

Beyond that - Fuck Burfict. The guy is costing us big games by being a moron. I don't care how good he is for 16 games when he does something stupid and ends our season. Second year in a row our defensive captain will be suspended to start the season. Maybe we can avoid the slow start this time.

And if the Bengals don't want to get "targeted", maybe they should stop defending Jones and Burfict while they draft Mixon? Just a thought...

Archived