Flowers traded

This is Flowers 4th season.  He was not going to make any huge improvement at this stage.  Maybe a change of scheme will help him out.

Jon Fanene and T. J. Houshmandzadeh were 7th round picks, and we may have a 7th rounder starting for us opening day (Fejedelem)

I've never really paid particular attention to him, but this past Sunday, he came from the other side of the field to run down the ball carrier (running back?).  Looked faster than Hell...quite impressive.  His closing speed really jumped out at you.  Anyone else remember this play?

Perhaps the Bengals haven't been using him right???  At this point in time, I have more confidence in the Cheatriots coaching staff than our own (but, then again, who doesn't?).

:shrug:

50 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

This is Flowers 4th season.  He was not going to make any huge improvement at this stage.  Maybe a change of scheme will help him out.

Jon Fanene and T. J. Houshmandzadeh were 7th round picks, and we may have a 7th rounder starting for us opening day (Fejedelem)

Just curious. What round was Flowers drafted?

I would have rather they kept Flowers and traded Marvin but I guess Marvin wasn't worth a 7th round pick.

Best of luck, Marquis.  When you get your Super Bowl ring after the season, send Marv a big bouquet of flowers with an unsigned card and see if he get's it.  Probably not but all the funnier.

35 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I would have rather they kept Flowers and traded Marvin but I guess Marvin wasn't worth a 7th round pick.

Best of luck, Marquis.  When you get your Super Bowl ring after the season, send Marv a big bouquet of flowers with an unsigned card and see if he get's it.  Probably not but all the funnier.

I like you Harry and think you're funny most of the time. Posts like these however rub me in a bad way!

56 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Maybe if he sent 53 flowers......maybe.

See where he is shooting his mouth off about "noticing a big difference" in Pats practices and here. 

Can't copy paste links, but it is the usual "practice harder/more accountability/SB Champions schlock we have all grown to know and love from our former players when they go some where else after failing here. 

44 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

See where he is shooting his mouth off about "noticing a big difference" in Pats practices and here. 

Can't copy paste links, but it is the usual "practice harder/more accountability/SB Champions schlock we have all grown to know and love from our former players when they go some where else after failing here. 

Sounds like he's assinjured because Marvin yelled at him.  We've made the postseason almost as often as they have lately & don't have the luxury of playing in a cupcake division.  Granted they are well prepared when they get there & Brady is a first-ballot HoF QB.  Just saying, they've had a little help getting there in more ways than one.  

That being said, the "more accountability" line is hard to deny, as are their rings.  Credit where it's due, "tuck rule" or no.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

You mean like JJ said when he went to Houston and has lost 10 games more than the Bengals since then?

Every player that changes teams praises his new team.

On 8/29/2017 at 0:04 PM, Cricket said:

I've never really paid particular attention to him, but this past Sunday, he came from the other side of the field to run down the ball carrier (running back?).  Looked faster than Hell...quite impressive.  His closing speed really jumped out at you.  Anyone else remember this play?

Perhaps the Bengals haven't been using him right???  At this point in time, I have more confidence in the Cheatriots coaching staff than our own (but, then again, who doesn't?).

:shrug:

He's always been a physical freak, but he lacks instincts and was injury prone earlier in his career.  The Bengals drafted a younger, healthier, more instinctive version of him this year (Jordan Evans) which is why he is now expendable.

Archived