Game by game predictions for all 32 teams

6 hours ago, Cricket said:

Do you have rankings based upon yards-per-carry?

2016   4.0   20th (4 way tie)

2015   3.9   21st (4 way tie)

2014   4.4   10th (3 way tie)

2013   3.6   18th

2012   4.1   18th

2011   3.9   19th

2010   3.6   27th

2014 was also the last year we had a RB go over 1000 yards. Hill averaged over 5 ypc.

Combined overall rankings are weird.  A crappy rushing team could have a bunch of goal line TD's and drive up the ranking. On the other hand, we've had highly ranked pass defenses based on points allowed, but the same situation - the opponent running for TD's - would throw that stat off.

You can probably find a stat to prove anything.  I don't think anyone is under the impression we've had a consistent running game.  

7 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Out of 32 teams? That's really really bad. :lol:

I blame Rex Burkhead.

Actually I hit the tab key, which highlighted save, then remembered that didn't work here so hit the space bar.. Which saved.  

It's ok though, because I'm sure my effort will be rewarded when one of the usual kooks disagrees with me about something and tells me all I do is troll.  You're welcome. :P

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I blame Rex Burkhead.

Actually I hit the tab key, which highlighted save, then remembered that didn't work here so hit the space bar.. Which saved.  

It's ok though, because I'm sure my effort will be rewarded when one of the usual kooks disagrees with me about something and tells me all I do is troll.  You're welcome. :P

...at least you didn't say "Your  welcome."

:ninja:

Going into the '09 season we had two good starers on our O-line (Whitworth, Bobbie Williams).  The rest of the guys were scraps.

Evan Mathis was a former 3rd round pick, but he had been cut by two teams in 2 years before signing with the Bengals in '08.  Kyle Cook, Nate Livings, and Dennis Roland were all undrafted free agents who came into the '09 with a combine 7 NFL starts.  Anthony Collins was a 4th round pick who had 6 career starts before the '09 season.

You can draw a line right through the middle of that season.  We lost both Chris Henry and Evan Mathis in game 8 against the Ravens and our offense fell off the cliff.  We were able to beat the Stealers the next week with only 218 yards and zero tds from our offense, but after that we finished 3-5 with our only wins coming against 5-11 Cleveland, 2-14 Detroit, and 4-12 Kansas City.

Archived