John ross hurt

6 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Ross = China doll.  We had fair warning he was injury prone and he is already injured on a fairly innocuous play.  Does anyone really think he will hold up over 16 games let alone multiple seasons?

I don't think I made any secret of my opinion about all that, but I'd be happy to be wrong about it.

I wouldn't write him off over a minor knee sprain but for sure it's not a good start.

Mehh, he is a guy they need to use gimmick pays to get him the ball. The league is full of fast players that never needed to learn how to get open or run precise routes against far slower high school and college competition. Some of them figure it out but if he can't stay on the field he will simply become the poster child for "there is more to WR than speed" crowd.

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I don't think I made any secret of my opinion about all that, but I'd be happy to be wrong about it.

I wouldn't write him off over a minor knee sprain but for sure it's not a good start.

All of the warning signs were there. You can't fall in love with a guy who impresses you running a 40 on a track in shorts.

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

All of the warning signs were there. You can't fall in love with a guy who impresses you running a 40 on a track in shorts.

I would love to know where other teams had him on their boards.

Generally speaking I don't quite understand the motivation for bargain shopping like that in the first round.  This is hardly a team desperate for talent.

So lets get these predictions down in writing.

Rick, Inigo, SF2, and T-dub, how many catches and yards from scrimmage will we get from Ross this year and over the course of his career?

None of this "I hope I am wrong" backpeddling bullshit either.  Just tell us what you expect Ross to do this year and over his career.  Lets see if you are willing to back up all this bitching and crying.

22 hours ago, Big Alice said:

Yep the Bengals should have moved up to get Corey Davis or Mike Williams. Both have looked like like Pro Bowlers so far.

And half of the players taken in the top 10 of the draft should not have been because they missed more games with injury last year than Ross (Myles Garrett, Leonard Fournette, Mike Wiliams, Christian McCafferty)

2 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Rick, Inigo, SF2, and T-dub, how many catches and yards from scrimmage will we get from Ross this year and over the course of his career?

None of this "I hope I am wrong" backpeddling bullshit either.  Just tell us what you expect Ross to do this year and over his career.  Lets see if you are willing to back up all this bitching and crying.

Only if you give us your prediction first Fred.  Nobody is falling for you bullshit. Come on Fred, you love him so much tell us what you think the overall # 9 pick is going to do for this franchise,you obviously think very highly of him.

While you are at it, tell us what William Jackson #1- 2016, Cedric Ogbuehi #1-2015 or Darqueze Dennard #1-2014 are eventually going to do for this franchise. 

I would hope Ross ends up being like Mike Wallace but Wallace has missed 1 game in 8 years. 

Just now, SF2 said:

Only if you give us your prediction first Fred.  Nobody is falling for you bullshit. Come on Fred, you love him so much tell us what you think the overall # 9 pick is going to do for this franchise,you obviously think very highly of him.

While you are at it, tell us what William Jackson #1- 2016, Cedric Ogbuehi #1-2015 or Darqueze Dennard #1-2014 are eventually going to do for this franchise. 

Ross will have 500 reveiving and 200 rushing yards this year fr the Bengals.  He will never put up big #1 WR numbers playing with A. J. Green, but his presence will make Green, and our entire offfense) more effective.

William Jackson will become a solid starting NFL CB.

I don't know about Ogbuehi.  So far he has shown me nothing to be excited about at all.  I am thinking OT in the first round next year.  But this is his FIRST season with a health training camp.  Many people don't realize that once the season begins it is impossible to get in the number of live reps in practice that a college player needs to aclimate to the NFL game.  So I would not be surprised if he develops into a serviceable LT for us this year.  

Dennard does not look like a good first round pick, but he has had injury problems so I am not giving up compleetly on him just yet.

So I am predicting good things for 2 (Ross, Jackson), and not so good for the other two, but Ogbuehi is still more of an "incomplete" for me.

Now it is your turn.  What are your predictions for Ross, Jackson, Ogbuehi, and Dennard?

2 hours ago, fredtoast said:

I think Ross will get 400 receiving yards this year, and around 5 TDs.

27 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Just pretend Ross is inside the engine of your golf cart.  You WILL go faster.

This is a commercial for a local golf cart rental company I made using my golf cart sitting in front of my home in The Villages. My golf cart is famous,

Archived