John ross hurt

13 hours ago, fredtoast said:

So lets get these predictions down in writing.

Rick, Inigo, SF2, and T-dub, how many catches and yards from scrimmage will we get from Ross this year and over the course of his career?

None of this "I hope I am wrong" backpeddling bullshit either.  Just tell us what you expect Ross to do this year and over his career.  Lets see if you are willing to back up all this bitching and crying.

TXAFD0C.png

:pst-min:

19 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Ross will have 500 reveiving and 200 rushing yards this year fr the Bengals.  He will never put up big #1 WR numbers playing with A. J. Green, but his presence will make Green, and our entire offfense) more effective.

William Jackson will become a solid starting NFL CB.

I don't know about Ogbuehi.  So far he has shown me nothing to be excited about at all.  I am thinking OT in the first round next year.  But this is his FIRST season with a health training camp.  Many people don't realize that once the season begins it is impossible to get in the number of live reps in practice that a college player needs to aclimate to the NFL game.  So I would not be surprised if he develops into a serviceable LT for us this year.  

Dennard does not look like a good first round pick, but he has had injury problems so I am not giving up compleetly on him just yet.

So I am predicting good things for 2 (Ross, Jackson), and not so good for the other two, but Ogbuehi is still more of an "incomplete" for me.

Now it is your turn.  What are your predictions for Ross, Jackson, Ogbuehi, and Dennard?

I think Ross will be a decent #2 recenter at best.  Not that there anything wrong with that but we picked him at #9, not 29.

Until I see Jackson in a real game I simply can't make a prediction.  I call it the Taylor Mays rule. Everything looks right but until I see it,..

Ogbuehi makes way too many mental mistakes to  be a starting LT.  His mistakes are technique in nature so are fixable but he looks very slow to the spot on pass plays which will get Andy killed.

Dennard's lack of progression is why we still have Adam Jones on this team despite all the off the field stupidity. 

48 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Taylor and I were just discussing this the other day. We were having problems figuring out why he didn't make it. We finally concluded, it was because you didn't see it. 

Well, 74 tackles,  0 ints and 1 sack in 6 years is pretty easy to miss.   Here is his combine report, keep in mind he ran a 4.43. 

STRENGTHS

A physical specimen with a freakish combination of size, speed and athleticism. Tracks the ball-carrier well, fills fast and delivers good shots. Effective center fielder who uses his elite closing speed and agility to make plays all over the field. Special athlete who can play multiple positions and in different schemes at the next level.

WEAKNESSES

Does not always take proper angles, which mitigates his great speed. Over-aggressive at times, as he prefers to land a big hit over playing the ball in pass coverage. Technique is sloppy, which may give him trouble in coverage against better athletes at the next level. There are concerns about his passion for the game and his overall maturity.

hqdefault.jpg

25 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

John Ross is apparently expected to miss the first two games of the season. I'm willing to bet it will be more. When was the last time a 1st round draft pick made a significant impact in Year One for this team? AJ Green in 2011?!?

I never expected Ross to be ready for the season so my opinion of him is unchanged.  

13 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I never expected Ross to be ready for the season so my opinion of him is unchanged.  

Agreed, not to mention how many rookie WR's actually do shit the 1st 1-5 weeks of their rookie season? It will be good learning experience for him to watch.

Look up Odell Beckham's 1st 7 games with the NYG his Rookie year.....god what a bust he was.

The Bengals rarely seem to count on their rookies to play major roles.  Sometimes it works out that way, but I don't think they were counting on Ross for much but some part time play this season.  If he provides more, that's a bonus. 

What I don't want to see is Ross continuing to get injured while only getting limited playing time.  It is a concern.

Archived