Sports Illustrated Bengal prediction

I don't see this team as that much better than last year.  The offensive line is still a big question mark.  I don't expect much more from the offense from what I saw the starters do in the preseason.  The pass rush should be improved, but we have some depth issues in the secondary.  Injuries to key players like Dalton, Green, Burfict, Kirkpatrick, Jones, Iloka, etc. will be killers.  I don't think we have players good enough to step up.  (No, I don't believe in McCarron at all.)

If the o-line plays well, Mixon breaks out and they stay healthy I think they can win 9 games.  If the o-line struggles to the point Mixon isn't much of a factor and they get key injuries it could get ugly.  I would put the over/under at 7 wins.

I disagree. I see us getting 6 wins, maybe 7. I hope I am wrong, but I see us losing twice to the Stealers and Ravens and splitting with the Browns. I would be happy if we only had two wins this season, but the two wins would be against the Stealers.

16 minutes ago, Rick said:

I disagree. I see us getting 6 wins, maybe 7. I hope I am wrong, but I see us losing twice to the Stealers and Ravens and splitting with the Browns. I would be happy if we only had two wins this season, but the two wins would be against the Stealers.

Are you day drinking rick

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Just curious, but why do you see us losing to the Browns.

Even though you say that you hope you are wrong it is pretty clear that you have a negative opinion of the Bengals that has no real basis in fact.

We've known since 2011 that the doomsday predictions would come rolling in the first time the team had a losing record.  You just KNEW it.  

I think too many "experts" (and fans) are ignoring that the team lost two games and tied another because it didn't have a kicker who could do his job (first Nugent, then Randy or whatever his name was).  Turn those three games around and the 6-9-1 becomes 9-7.  Not good enough for the playoffs, but not the laughingstock they're being made out to be.

But, hey, they're the Bengals.  They're cheap, they all get arrested, and they're always one of the worst teams in the league, right?

6 hours ago, bengals7833 said:

Are you day drinking rick

No. I don’t drink, smoke, do drugs, watch ESPN, watch other NFL games other than the Bengals. I get my Bengals football news here and from D&H Sports on YouTube. 

5 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Just curious, but why do you see us losing to the Browns.

I see us losing one game to the Browns, because we simply lose control at times. The best example I can make is how the Bengals lost to the Stealers in our last playoff game. We had the game won and made an concerted effort to lose it. 

9 hours ago, Rick said:

I see us losing one game to the Browns, because we simply lose control at times. The best example I can make is how the Bengals lost to the Stealers in our last playoff game. We had the game won and made an concerted effort to lose it. 

Well, we did have a lot of help.

I wouldn't compare a midseason game against Cleveland to the fuckery of a WC game against Shitsburgh.  The NFL really DGAF about either Ohio team.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Well, we did have a lot of help.

I wouldn't compare a midseason game against Cleveland to the fuckery of a WC game against Shitsburgh.  The NFL really DGAF about either Ohio team.

Agree.

11 hours ago, Rick said:

Can't compare losing a playoff game to losinbg to the browns.  The Bengals would have to play very poorly for it even to be close enough to give away at the end.

11 hours ago, Rick said:

3 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Can't compare losing a playoff game to losinbg to the browns.  The Bengals would have to play very poorly for it even to be close enough to give away at the end.

Upon further review I have to give a little more credit to Rick's position.

Since '11 the Bengals have a .806 winning percentage against teams with losing records.  I actually thought it would have been much better than that.  9 of their 36 losses have come against teams that ended the season with a losing record.  That is over one per year.

Archived