Impressions, Insights, Comments on Indy Game

I only watched the first half and bits and pieces in passing of the second.

Everything said is prefaced with the caveat "Yeah, but its only preseason".

Only playing vs scrubs but 6th round pick, Jordan Evans LB from Oklahoma looks to be the steal of the draft.  All over the place making tackles in the backfield, defending passes, etc.  Was not even invited to the combine so whoever on the Bengals staff scouted this guy deserves a raise.  Will make a find addition especially with Burfict out for awhile.

The kicking battle was intense and worth watching a basically worthless game, anyway.  Virtually even between Elliot and Bullock throughout the game.  Elliot was given a shot at the game winning field goal in the last seconds and missed a 60 yarder just barely to the left.  Looked like he had been poleaxed on the sidelines after.  Whoever is not here will be somewhere if not on opening day, sometime during the season.  I lean toward keeping Elliot because he was a draft choice with Randy on speed dial.

Driskel  got hurt, fell on thumb of his throwing hand and jammed it.  Probably hidden on IR for a few weeks for cut downs.  McCarron ... looked fantastic.  Great arm and placement downfield.  He is definitely worth a first round pick in a trade (IMHO) but will be around awhile with Driskel down.

William Jackson III ... thought I saw him blow a tackle for loss in the backfield but it might have been 23, Berwickie (something) who was terrible.  Did not see anything special about 22, WJIII but may have missed stuff.

Shaw dropped an interception that hit him right in the stomach.  He looked like the receiver.

Winston showed his age and had a couple of pre snap penalties.  Better younger or at least more worth of a shot and slot on the roster.  Retirement beckons.

Very impressed with Westerman.  Held up in pass protection  and really pushed guys around out of the lanes on the runs.  Noticed one block way down field on a run ahead of the back.  Pleasantly surprised to see a big guy get down there so quickly.  

Jordan Evans and Jordan Willis looked great. The RB Williams was a beast. I was pretty disappointed with Dawson. So much hype when he was drafted. Thought we found another Burfict. Sucks about Ross hopefully more precautionary.  Glad pre season is over. Go Buckeyes!!

Archived