Annual Bengals Predictions Poll

Bengals Predictions  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many games do the Bengals win?

• 5 or fewer
    • 6-7
    • 8-9
    • 10-11
    • 12 or more
  2. 2. Do the Bengals make the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do the Bengals win a playoff game?

• They don't make it
    • No
    • 1 game
    • 2 or more
  4. 4. Who wins the kicking job?

• Bullock
    • Elliot
  5. 5. Who leads the Bengals in total TDs? (Does not include passing TDs by Andy)

• Hill
    • Green
    • Eifert
    • Mixon
    • Someone else (name below)
  6. 6. How many passing yards for Andy?

• 2999 or fewer
    • 3000-3500
    • 3501-4000
    • 4001 or more
  7. 7. How many receiving yards for Ross?

• 200 or fewer
    • 201-400
    • 401-700
    • 701 or more
  8. 8. Who leads the Bengals in sacks?

• Dunlap
    • Atkins
    • Willis
    • Lawson
    • Someone else
  9. 9. Who leads the Bengals in INTs?

• Adam Jones
    • Dre Kirkpatrick
    • George Iloka
    • WJ3
    • Someone else
  10. 10. Who leads the Bengals in rushing yards?

• Hill
    • Mixon
    • Gio
  11. 11. How many sacks do the Bengals allow?

• 25 or fewer
    • 26-35
    • 36-40
    • 41 or more

Just now, T-Dub said:

Yeah that would be some shit.  Was that the same year the Rams won their division at 8-8?

huh. Apparently its (10-6 missing) happened more than I thought.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/articles/nfl/best-nfl-teams-to-miss-the-playoffs.aspx

Couple 8-8 teams on this list, even some 7-9

http://www.foxsports.com/south/story/analysis-this-century-s-10-weakest-teams-to-make-the-nfl-playoffs-122713

12-4. AFC North Champs

This is the best offense the Bengals have had since Andy and A.J. arrived. I think this O-line is going to surprise some folks. And all those weapons? Whooo! This could be a lot of fun to watch.

On defense, I believe Paul Guenther is changing the philosophy a little. The Marvin Lewis-Mike Zimmer mash up they've been running for ten years is to going to evolve. The Bengals' defensive linemen haven't often been allowed to pin their ears back and penetrate. That changes this year. They'll give up a few more big plus against the run, but they'll wreak more havoc against the pass.

On 9/2/2017 at 11:26 AM, Jamie_B said:

huh. Apparently its (10-6 missing) happened more than I thought.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/articles/nfl/best-nfl-teams-to-miss-the-playoffs.aspx

Couple 8-8 teams on this list, even some 7-9

http://www.foxsports.com/south/story/analysis-this-century-s-10-weakest-teams-to-make-the-nfl-playoffs-122713

Yeah, I found that same page to make part of a reply before I saw your post.  It is pretty uncommon, but it seems to have gone in spurts.  9 times in 8 years 1985-91 and now 4 in past 7 seasons.

So I am not drinking the Kool-aid this season! This is my game by game prediction - let me know what you think!

Week 1 Home Ravens - Win

Week 2 Home Texans - Win

Week 3 Away GreenBay - Loss

Week 4 Away Browns - Win

Week 5 Home bills - Win

Week 6 Bye - good start 4-1

Week 7 Away Stealers - Loss

Week 8 Home Colts - Win

Week 9 Away Jaguars - Win

Week 10 Away Titans - Loss

Week 11 Away Denver - Loss

Week 12 Home Browns - Win

Week 13 Home Stealers - Loss

Week 14 Home Bears - Win

Week 15 Away Vikings - Loss

Week 16 Home Lions - Loss

Week 17 Away Ravens - Loss

Final 9-7 miss the playoffs - the last three games are losses due to a weak offensive line with no depth. Taz will be suspended in week 7 for the rest of the season followed by Jones suspension in week 14 for the year for being stupid. Andy Dalton goes down in week 7 and AJ takes over for the rest of the season. The D sucks after Taz leaves and we will lose at least 6 starters to IR by mid season - these are just my thoughts - Now, if none of these bad things happen! I will say the 9-7 is a low prediction and we could split with the Stealers, beat the titans and bears and end up 12-4 and win the North! Win a playoff game or two and lose the AFC championship game against New England @ New England. Then again if we are better than I think - We go all the way and win the Superbowl on our 50th anniversary - A gift to all Bengal fans! WHO-DEY!

On 05/09/2017 at 1:51 PM, Hooky said:

All you have is the bad OL narrative?

You need more than that? Our O-line was terribad last season and we've let the best two players go. That wont improve matters.

Giving the QB time to throw and the RB holes to run through are fairly important elements of an offence. The preseason hasn't exactly filled me with hope.

34 minutes ago, VonBlade said:

You need more than that? Our O-line was terribad last season and we've let the best two players go. That wont improve matters.

Giving the QB time to throw and the RB holes to run through are fairly important elements of an offence. The preseason hasn't exactly filled me with hope.

Yeah, seeing Mixon run into clumps of bodies where his land was supposed to be was scary.

Archived