Annual Bengals Predictions Poll

Bengals Predictions  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many games do the Bengals win?

• 5 or fewer
    • 6-7
    • 8-9
    • 10-11
    • 12 or more
  2. 2. Do the Bengals make the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do the Bengals win a playoff game?

• They don't make it
    • No
    • 1 game
    • 2 or more
  4. 4. Who wins the kicking job?

• Bullock
    • Elliot
  5. 5. Who leads the Bengals in total TDs? (Does not include passing TDs by Andy)

• Hill
    • Green
    • Eifert
    • Mixon
    • Someone else (name below)
  6. 6. How many passing yards for Andy?

• 2999 or fewer
    • 3000-3500
    • 3501-4000
    • 4001 or more
  7. 7. How many receiving yards for Ross?

• 200 or fewer
    • 201-400
    • 401-700
    • 701 or more
  8. 8. Who leads the Bengals in sacks?

• Dunlap
    • Atkins
    • Willis
    • Lawson
    • Someone else
  9. 9. Who leads the Bengals in INTs?

• Adam Jones
    • Dre Kirkpatrick
    • George Iloka
    • WJ3
    • Someone else
  10. 10. Who leads the Bengals in rushing yards?

• Hill
    • Mixon
    • Gio
  11. 11. How many sacks do the Bengals allow?

• 25 or fewer
    • 26-35
    • 36-40
    • 41 or more

On 05/09/2017 at 1:51 PM, Hooky said:

All you have is the bad OL narrative?

You all laughed at me for thinking 5 wins would be a stretch.

Still confident we're off to the playoffs?

Yeah it's one half. What exactly have we shown that's any good at all? Mixon? Geno still has it? Otherwise...

8 minutes ago, Hint of Snow said:

I didn't think they would be very good this year

Had no idea they would look this awful today

Opening a season like that with the players they have against that opponent at home is pure unpreparedness

Just screams "New Coach" about as loud as you can

The players themselves looked shocked by the end of it.  

& agree with all points

It appears the Bengals are seriously hobbled by two substandard OTs.  Not shocking based upon what we saw of Ooogie Boogie last season.  All of us had hoped for better.

I'm sure they won't be as bad as today for the rest of the season, but trying to see this squad as a playoff team is nearly impossible. 

This really doesn't break my heart.  A 5 or 6 win season may be just enough to get Marvin his walking papers.  I am convinced this is necessary for the Bengals to move forward at this point. 

On 9/5/2017 at 11:33 AM, mhfinks said:

So I am not drinking the Kool-aid this season! This is my game by game prediction - let me know what you think!

Week 1 Home Ravens - Win

Week 2 Home Texans - Win

Week 3 Away GreenBay - Loss

Week 4 Away Browns - Win

Week 5 Home bills - Win

Week 6 Bye - good start 4-1

Week 7 Away Stealers - Loss

Week 8 Home Colts - Win

Week 9 Away Jaguars - Win

Week 10 Away Titans - Loss

Week 11 Away Denver - Loss

Week 12 Home Browns - Win

Week 13 Home Stealers - Loss

Week 14 Home Bears - Win

Week 15 Away Vikings - Loss

Week 16 Home Lions - Loss

Week 17 Away Ravens - Loss

Final 9-7 miss the playoffs - the last three games are losses due to a weak offensive line with no depth. Taz will be suspended in week 7 for the rest of the season followed by Jones suspension in week 14 for the year for being stupid. Andy Dalton goes down in week 7 and AJ takes over for the rest of the season. The D sucks after Taz leaves and we will lose at least 6 starters to IR by mid season - these are just my thoughts - Now, if none of these bad things happen! I will say the 9-7 is a low prediction and we could split with the Stealers, beat the titans and bears and end up 12-4 and win the North! Win a playoff game or two and lose the AFC championship game against New England @ New England. Then again if we are better than I think - We go all the way and win the Superbowl on our 50th anniversary - A gift to all Bengal fans! WHO-DEY!

Let me revise this - 0-16 - apparently the flavor of the Kool-Aid was "Lost in the blood of the fans that endured over the last 50 years". I believe we may have a perfect season!

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, turningpoint said:

I hope worse, I really want to see Dalton go. Nothing against him, but he's just not a good enough QB to ever win us a championship...really would love us to get a shot at one of the top 3 QB's in the draft.

With this O-line Dan Marino wouldn't get us to the playoffs.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

With this O-line Dan Marino wouldn't get us to the playoffs.

I agree, but even if we had Dallas's oline do you think Dalton is capable of winning 3-4 games in a row vs the best of the best teams? It's just hard for me to believe that. I hate the idea of giving up and starting over espeically when we have talent like Green and atkins that would go to waste, but I really think one of the top QB's in the draft would be the way to go vs drafting another O-line man....but who knows anymore.

3 hours ago, turningpoint said:

I agree, but even if we had Dallas's oline do you think Dalton is capable of winning 3-4 games in a row vs the best of the best teams? It's just hard for me to believe that. I hate the idea of giving up and starting over espeically when we have talent like Green and atkins that would go to waste, but I really think one of the top QB's in the draft would be the way to go vs drafting another O-line man....but who knows anymore.

If his supporting cast is healthy, yes. He beat some really good teams in 2015.   

1 hour ago, Jason said:

If his supporting cast is healthy, yes. He beat some really good teams in 2015.   

Agreed, but in row in january? I just don't think I'll ever see it...i mean what is Dalton leads us somehow to a miracle 11-5 and we go into the playoffs and beat an ok wild card team, then move onto the divisional and hang tough vs the patriots but lose because dalton made a few mistakes but it's a moral victory because hey we finished 11-5 and won a playoff game!!! Who ares if we lost to a team we could have won if Dalton didn't make those mental errors. He IMO cost us the victory vs the Packers. Rodgers made the plays when he had to, Dalton didn't once again.

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

If Mixon doesn't slip on that 3rd and 1 I think we win that game.

If Dalton doesn't overthrow Lafell...

If Fat Randy doesn't kick off out-of-bounds...

If MJ doesn't jump offsides...

If Rodgers isn't able to get up after a sack and lawyer-ball his way into a 12th man penalty...

If offensive holding was still a penalty in the NFL...

If Lazor just runs the ball instead of calling a pass play that results in a predictable sack and pushes Fat Randy out of FG range at 48 yards...

Many, many chances to put that game away.

43 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

If Dalton doesn't overthrow Lafell...

If Fat Randy doesn't kick off out-of-bounds...

If MJ doesn't jump offsides...

If Rodgers isn't able to get up after a sack and lawyer-ball his way into a 12th man penalty...

If offensive holding was still a penalty in the NFL...

If Lazor just runs the ball instead of calling a pass play that results in a predictable sack and pushes Fat Randy out of FG range at 48 yards...

Many, many chances to put that game away.

Yep, too many to say it was Dalton's fault.

14 hours ago, Jason said:

Yep, too many to say it was Dalton's fault.

Dalton missing LaFell wide open over the middle on a third down in GB territory as well.

Not entirely Dalton's fault, but you can say that about most any loss.  What is true is he was crap in the second half.  Some of that was on the playcalling, but at this point he is not playing his best football.  For the Bengals to win he needs to be better.

3 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Dalton missing LaFell wide open over the middle on a third down in GB territory as well.

Not entirely Dalton's fault, but you can say that about most any loss.  What is true is he was crap in the second half.  Some of that was on the playcalling, but at this point he is not playing his best football.  For the Bengals to win he needs to be better.

IDK if they just wore down or what but almost the entire team looked gassed in the 2nd half.  Kind of makes me wonder if they haven't been dogging it in practice since camp opened.  No leadership, no faith in the coaches or in some cases even each other.. It's not hard to imagine a lack of effort taking hold.

18 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

IDK if they just wore down or what but almost the entire team looked gassed in the 2nd half.  Kind of makes me wonder if they haven't been dogging it in practice since camp opened.  No leadership, no faith in the coaches or in some cases even each other.. It's not hard to imagine a lack of effort taking hold.

I don't think it's a lack of effort.  The confidence of this team is extremely fragile in my opinion.  The constant losses in playoff games, topped by the Squealer debacle, works into a team's psyche.  The change has to start with the guy clapping his hands and screwing things up on the sideline. 

The D definitely looked gassed in the 4th quarter as they had spent way too much time on the field in the second half.  They are good, but not that good. 

2 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I don't think it's a lack of effort.  The confidence of this team is extremely fragile in my opinion.  The constant losses in playoff games, topped by the Squealer debacle, works into a team's psyche.  The change has to start with the guy clapping his hands and screwing things up on the sideline. 

I think that definitely plays a part as well but I question whether firing Lewis will really change anything so long as The Redeemer is ultimately in charge.  Still, it's a step in the right direction.

Archived