If Hill, Bernard, and Mixon are all healthy for every game

14 hours ago, fredtoast said:

How would you split 420 carries between the three?

Go with whoever's hot at the moment & match-ups week to week. Try to make sure nobody gets too worn down early, particularly the rook.

How would the Bengals coaching staff split the same number of carries?

Alternating series regardless of production & everyone gets a juice box after.

How many receptions will they combine for?

No idea, but if Gio doesn't have as many as the other 2 combined it's because Zamkowski is in over his head.

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Go with whoever's hot at the moment & match-ups week to week. Try to make sure nobody gets too worn down early, particularly the rook.

Don't forget the participation trophies.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

No idea, but if Gio doesn't have as many as the other 2 combined it's because Zamkowski is in over his head.

Not necessarily.  Mixon is a really good receiver as well.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not necessarily.  Mixon is a really good receiver as well.

He is, but he's also a rookie so I expect he'll need some time to get comfortable reading coverage & all that good stuff.  No knock on him.  If he's effectively become the #1 RB by the end of the season it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Looks to me like Gio is the third down back.  I think he will get reps a few times a game on 1st and 2nd down as well.

Hill will begin as the starter.  I love Mixon, but I'm not very confident in him to take care of his blocking assignments.  Once Mixon becomes reliable he will take over for Hill.  Hill will be the short down back and sub.  

About the same for me. Mixon is the real deal. Any reliable scout will admit he is the best back to come out since Petersen.

That's a little over the top.

He is a really good one, though.

This year, splitting carries, I expect about 850 yards out of him. In year 2,3, and 4, he's got a chance to be a 1,500 yard type guy.

Archived