WOW - Season Opener

1 hour ago, saphead said:

It's nice to see that old fuck at QB with his old wrinkly ballsack swinging around finally start playing like he's 40. 

That was the first game I have ever seen him play that his arm looked weak and passes were NOT accurate in the same game.  Those passes reminded me of Peyton Manning's final season.  BTW, the Chiefs seem to have figured out a game plan against the Pats.  Rush 4, jam the slot at the line of scrimmage and cover their other slow ass wide receivers.    Cooks cant catch every pass.   Brady had all day to throw but nobody to throw to.  16 of 36 for 267 yards is mehh. 

I usually agree about Thursday Night games but these guys were not tired or unprepared since it was their first game of the season. 

It got off to a great start. On the opening drive, there was a hold on the pats on the Chiefs 1 nullifying a TD and pushing them back 10 yards. Only to see them snap from the 1 again on the next play. There was a flippant report from Michaels a play later that it was due to offsetting penalties, but nothing on TV from the officials. Was that ever clarified or discussed later?

And I agree with Jason that it's a good sign that the team that made us look bad in pre-season throttled the pats in Foxboro.  Before you start, I'm just saying it's a little encouraging, not that it means we're going to the Super Bowl.

32 minutes ago, Hooky said:

It got off to a great start. On the opening drive, there was a hold on the pats on the Chiefs 1 nullifying a TD and pushing them back 10 yards. Only to see them snap from the 1 again on the next play. There was a flippant report from Michaels a play later that it was due to offsetting penalties, but nothing on TV from the officials. Was that ever clarified or discussed later?

And I agree with Jason that it's a good sign that the team that made us look bad in pre-season throttled the pats in Foxboro.  Before you start, I'm just saying it's a little encouraging, not that it means we're going to the Super Bowl.

If Ross can stay healthy and become our Tyrek Hill, I will have permanent wood.

2 hours ago, saphead said:

It's nice to see that old fuck at QB with his old wrinkly ballsack swinging around finally start playing like he's 40. 

Average NFL Score:

Home Team 23

Visitors 20

Pats scored 27, despite a few errant passes from Brady.  It should have been enough to win the game.  The Pats' D giving up 21 points in the 4th quarter is what lost them the game.

Could Brady have been sharper?  Sure.

Was it his fault they lost?  Nope.

I always love to see the Patriots lose.  Second only to a Stealers loss, it's my favorite thing in sports, and I wish we could see it much more often in the months and years to come.  It's funny now to go back and read the "Patriots will go undefeated" articles that have run all summer.

But while it was nice, I can't help but be reminded of that time that Brady and the Patriots were washed up:

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/was-this-the-end-for-tom-brady-and-the-new-england-patriots--dynasty--032958660.html

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/new-england-patriots-kanas-city-chiefs-tom-brady/

http://www.weei.com/articles/column/uncomfortable-reality-fading-tom-brady

22 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Season opener or not, I can't take the outcome of a TNF game seriously.

It's hard to take any athletic events seriously anymore. Every one of them seems to be hyped to the gills. I was flipping around the dial Thursday evening (even before this game) and saw an honest-to-God LOCAL high school game on the box. "Thursday Night Lights"--are you kidding me? High School...and one that wasn't the usual ESPN some-great-east-coast-team-play-some-great-team-from-Texas type thing? 

I think I may go John Prine and blow up my TV...

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

It's hard to take any athletic events seriously anymore. Every one of them seems to be hyped to the gills. I was flipping around the dial Thursday evening (even before this game) and saw an honest-to-God LOCAL high school game on the box. "Thursday Night Lights"--are you kidding me? High School...and one that wasn't the usual ESPN some-great-east-coast-team-play-some-great-team-from-Texas type thing? 

I think I may go John Prine and blow up my TV...

IDK, I bet the officiating was better.  

22 hours ago, whodey1971 said:

Average NFL Score:

Home Team 23

Visitors 20

Pats scored 27, despite a few errant passes from Brady.  It should have been enough to win the game.  The Pats' D giving up 21 points in the 4th quarter is what lost them the game.

Could Brady have been sharper?  Sure.

Was it his fault they lost?  Nope.

Patriots averaged 27.4 points per game last year so they were Patriots average.  Defense looked like crap.

Didn't the Patriots go to the Superbowl in two different seasons after losing their home opener?

I thought Brady looked fine. He's never been a super strong arm guy and that 60 yards in the air pass on the money to Cooks was fucking amazing.

Patriots need to sort out that defense. They got run all over by Hunt to the tune of almost 9 yards a carry on 17 attempts! And you know your defense needs work when you let Alex frakking Smith rack up that kinda yardage and hang four TD passes on you. Yeesh.

https://sports.yahoo.com/john-ross-draws-questionable-listing-174946390.html?src=rss

John Ross draws questionable listing after second straight practice

Josh Alper

ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports•

Reports at the time of his injury and earlier this week indicated that Bengals rookie wide receiver John Ross would be out at least a couple of weeks after injuring his knee in last Thursday’s preseason finale, but things seem to be progressing more quickly for the first-round pick.

Ross returned to practice on Thursday and got in another limited session on Friday, leading coach Marvin Lewis to say that Ross could play against the Ravens this Sunday. That open door is also illustrated by Ross being listed as questionable on the injury report.

If Ross doesn’t get the green light to play this week, his return to practice could provide a foundation for him to make his debut in Week Two against the Texans. It will be a short week leading into a Thursday night game, but Ross may not need too much more time before the team is comfortable putting him in the lineup.

350.png

22 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/john-ross-draws-questionable-listing-174946390.html?src=rss

John Ross draws questionable listing after second straight practice

Josh Alper

ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports•

Reports at the time of his injury and earlier this week indicated that Bengals rookie wide receiver John Ross would be out at least a couple of weeks after injuring his knee in last Thursday’s preseason finale, but things seem to be progressing more quickly for the first-round pick.

Ross returned to practice on Thursday and got in another limited session on Friday, leading coach Marvin Lewis to say that Ross could play against the Ravens this Sunday. That open door is also illustrated by Ross being listed as questionable on the injury report.

If Ross doesn’t get the green light to play this week, his return to practice could provide a foundation for him to make his debut in Week Two against the Texans. It will be a short week leading into a Thursday night game, but Ross may not need too much more time before the team is comfortable putting him in the lineup.

350.png

oh wow.. I didn't even know there was a chance at all.. 

Archived