Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
ochothegreat

The good sign out of today game is?

Recommended Posts

Only 15 games to go until we get the first pick.

 

(But yes, the D is pretty great and the Oline is so bad I thought I was watching Cleveland)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, VonBlade said:

Only 15 games to go until we get the first pick.

 

(But yes, the D is pretty great and the Oline is so bad I thought I was watching Cleveland)

Who's the first pick? Darnold looked pedestrian first couple weeks. Mayfield looks great but not sure he's an NFL qb. Probably better than anyone we have though. Won't matter with this shit oline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JJ Watt got hurt and may not be able to play against the Bengals Thursday night negating his opportunity to break the single game sack record and, in the process, decapitating Andy Dalton.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

JJ Watt got hurt and may not be able to play against the Bengals Thursday night negating his opportunity to break the single game sack record and, in the process, decapitating Andy Dalton.

 

Which will in no way slow NFLN's plan of showing clips of him doing something manly yet wholesome throughout the entire game.. Like grilling hotdogs for orphans or wrestling alligators in the flood waters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

 

Which will in no way slow NFLN's plan of showing clips of him doing something manly yet wholesome throughout the entire game.. Like grilling hotdogs for orphans or wrestling alligators in the flood waters

Yeah because raising 20 mil for victims of natural disasters is stupid and should never be acknowledged,  particularly if you actually live there.  

 

Watt is a great player and man.  We let our JJ Watt leave for Los Angeles and replaced him with a cinder block at left tackle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Yeah because raising 20 mil for victims of natural disasters is stupid and should never be acknowledged,  particularly if you actually live there.  

 

 

I grew up there & still have loads of family in the area.  Step down from your soapbox and take your strawman with you.

 

No question in my mind that Whit was the heart of the team, as far as that goes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.  

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

 

I grew up there & still have loads of family in the area.  Step down from your soapbox and take your strawman with you.

 

No question in my mind that Whit was the heart of the team, as far as that goes. 

So helping victims of a hurricane and flood, sone possibly  members of your own family is now a straw man?  Would you rather the NFL show the video of Joe Mixon breaking a 125lb girl's jaw or maybe video of Pac Man in a Casino?

 

Of course the NFL is going to show JJ Watt, why the fuck wouldn't they?  Serious question, why not highlight an actual man acting like one?  JJ Watt is a good man, kinda sad that that  bothers you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only silver lining is that there is no way Marvin will be back next year after this clusterfuck of a season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SF2 said:

.  

So helping victims of a hurricane and flood, sone possibly  members of your own family is now a straw man? 

 

That's correct.  You made that part up.  

 

You remember the chopping wood clips from our last WC vs. Houston? When he was on the sideline?

 

I was making a joke about that, the rest is all you being "Leave JJ Brittney alone!" 

 

Since we're on the subject, though? Try to count how many times he grabs a guy around the ankle and drives into their knee:

 

 

 

 

Everyone does that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JC said:

Only silver lining is that there is no way Marvin will be back next year after this clusterfuck of a season.

 

Mike Brown has a pretty high tolerance for losing as he's proven over the decades. Marvin could well go 4-12 yet return.

 

Watt said he had a compound fracture of a finger in today's game so I doubt he plays on Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What bothers me is this we let all all pro LT go in Whitworth who by the way always stymied Terrell Suggs....Ogbuehi was awful lat year Why in the world would they think he'd be any better...We let Zeitler go without even trying to sign him. And even more maddening is that we let Zimmer, Hue Jackson and Vance Joseph go...I have been a Bengals fan for 45 years and dont even bother to watch anymore...and Jackson would have stayed as OC if Mike Brown would have sogned on to have him be HC in waiting agfter this year....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SF2 said:

.  

So helping victims of a hurricane and flood, sone possibly  members of your own family is now a straw man?  Would you rather the NFL show the video of Joe Mixon breaking a 125lb girl's jaw or maybe video of Pac Man in a Casino?

 

Of course the NFL is going to show JJ Watt, why the fuck wouldn't they?  Serious question, why not highlight an actual man acting like one?  JJ Watt is a good man, kinda sad that that  bothers you.

Take a deep breath bro. You guys are like two ships signalling each other in the night and misunderstanding each other. He's not saying that what Watt does isn't laudable or important, he used JJ Watt as an example of the other shit the NFL does to bolster it's PR program that involves meaningless gestures, etc that help the league to handwave away it's other issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Take a deep breath bro. You guys are like two ships signalling each other in the night and misunderstanding each other. He's not saying that what Watt does isn't laudable or important, he used JJ Watt as an example of the other shit the NFL does to bolster it's PR program that involves meaningless gestures, etc that help the league to handwave away it's other issues.

Right. T-dub wasn't attacking Watt. He was talking about how actually all sports networks over-sensationalize anything they can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Gremzz said:

Probably only 3 weeks until we see McCarron starting?

A.J. and send both Ross and Green blitzing down the field then throw it to Mixon out of the backfield. TD!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah because raising 20 mil for victims of natural disasters is stupid and should never be acknowledged,  particularly if you actually live there.  
 
Watt is a great player and man.  We let our JJ Watt leave for Los Angeles and replaced him with a cinder block at left tackle.


The is completely unfair to cinder blocks. They'd held up better than 70 in that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2017 at 4:14 PM, whodey365 said:

Who's the first pick? Darnold looked pedestrian first couple weeks. Mayfield looks great but not sure he's an NFL qb. Probably better than anyone we have though. Won't matter with this shit oline. 

 

Look at the Unversity of Wyoming's QB, I'd just prefer us to draft all o-lineman next draft...literally just draft 8 o-linemen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turningpoint said:

 

Look at the Unversity of Wyoming's QB, I'd just prefer us to draft all o-lineman next draft...literally just draft 8 o-linemen.

Draft the best OT and Center, FA for guard positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Draft the best OT and Center, FA for guard positions.

 

Honestly I might rather they sign an ok-to-good FA tackle, even if they do draft one.  Too much talent on this roster to squander it waiting on Alexander to not develop yet another young OT.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2017 at 8:05 PM, T-Dub said:

 

That's correct.  You made that part up.  

 

You remember the chopping wood clips from our last WC vs. Houston? When he was on the sideline?

 

I was making a joke about that, the rest is all you being "Leave JJ Brittney alone!" 

 

Since we're on the subject, though? Try to count how many times he grabs a guy around the ankle and drives into their knee:

 

 

 

 

Everyone does that.

I remember that. He is the best I've ever seen at chopping wood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...