The good sign out of today game is?

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Honestly I might rather they sign an ok-to-good FA tackle, even if they do draft one.  Too much talent on this roster to squander it waiting on Alexander to not develop yet another young OT.  

Maybe we can get Ryan Clady, King Dunlap or Sebastian Vollmer to play a few games for us.  There is nothing else out there on the FA market.  Any practice squad guys out there worth plucking?  Maybe pick up Nick Mangold to play center?  At least add some depth?  

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Maybe we can get Ryan Clady, King Dunlap or Sebastian Vollmer to play a few games for us.  There is nothing else out there on the FA market.  Any practice squad guys out there worth plucking?  Maybe pick up Nick Mangold to play center?  At least add some depth?  

I was looking ahead to the offseason.  One game into the season.

:Horror-min:

Meanwhile, at least give Smith a try.  And ffs put someone in there to chip this time if he's getting destroyed, too.

15 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I was looking ahead to the offseason.  One game into the season.

:Horror-min:

Meanwhile, at least give Smith a try.  And ffs put someone in there to chip this time if he's getting destroyed, too.

It seems to be an "Emperor has not clothes" moment.  Realizing your Left Tackle cant play the position and you really have zero options on the bench after game 1.   Gonna need 7 on the line to keep Andy alive circa 2010.  3 yards and a cloud of field turf pellets aka Ced Benson.

Sorry to interrupt this whiner circle jerk, but...

-Our pass defense is ranked #2 in yards allowed and #9 in pass efficiency rating.

-Giovani Bernard looks to be fully recovered.

-Nick Vigil is the only player in the league with at least 10 tackles and 2 passes defended.

23 hours ago, SF2 said:

It seems to be an "Emperor has not clothes" moment.  Realizing your Left Tackle cant play the position and you really have zero options on the bench after game 1.   Gonna need 7 on the line to keep Andy alive circa 2010.  3 yards and a cloud of field turf pellets aka Ced Benson.

Just a voice in the wilderness...but Ced actually had some decent run blocks on Sunday. 

And 2009 shows it can be done--remembering St Whitworth was struggling that year pass blocking too. 

24 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Sorry to interrupt this whiner circle jerk, but...

-Our pass defense is ranked #2 in yards allowed and #9 in pass efficiency rating.

-Giovani Bernard looks to be fully recovered.

-Nick Vigil is the only player in the league with at least 10 tackles and 2 passes defended.

Thanks for that - I'm with you. Waaayyyyy too early to hit the panic button. Believe me, I know our O-line is highly questionable but one game does not dictate a whole season.

Archived