The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Ravens game 1

12 hours ago, Khatmandude said:

McCarron actually goes through progressions....Dalton goes to his first option, and if that isnt open, he freaks out.  Not a good sign from a guy that's been in the league as long as he has.  He played today with very little confidence after the early turnovers.  Shy to pull the trigger.  Game over if the defense effects the QB that much.  I believe McCarron or Ol' McSkeeter as you call him has a stronger mental makeup than our friend Andy Dalton.  Makes sense, considering Dalton's a ginger.  

Zampese also deserves alot of blame for today.  A whole lot.  When the DLine is getting pressure, there are certain plays he could have called to 'negate' them yet there were not called.  Zampese is still in way over his head with this gig.  

Such a shame...the list of skill players is ridiculous.  

Dalton didn't have time.

The reason that LT is so important is because he's protecting the area the QB can't see. When Ced allows that much pressure from the blindside, it speeds up the "Oh Shit" clock in the QB's head. You can't blame Dalton for thinking he has to take his first read or Suggs would be giving him a prostate exam. He also can't be looking over his shoulder to figure out if Ced managed to do his job for a change.

Zampese did try to call plays to negate the pressure, but they were predictable. Hence every time Zamp called a slant to try and keep the LB's honest... They were honest. Really, it's mind-boggling how well the Raven's D was called. And just as mind-boggling how poorly the Cincy O was called.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Hence every time Zamp called a slant to try and keep the LB's honest... 

Until we went to the well one too many times and they jump the route.   Our OC's have been in love with the slant & short out-routes for a long time, though.  They're hard to defend against good WR's... until the DB guesses right because you keep calling the same route over and over.   Longer routes require your OL to actually make a pocket for the QB and that's not something this group has been good at in a long time.  Closer to top 15 than bottom 4 in sacks doesn't mean anything in a 3-step offense.

The Good: I found a dollar bill on the floor of the concession area.

No problem with traffic on the way home for a change.

Bengal home games feature some of the hottest women in town from barely legal to Babe-ra-ham Lincoln MILFs.

The Bad:  Everything mentioned by the previous posters.  +1's all around.  Esp SF's comment about lack of interest as being shown by lack of posters on the board, esp. long time ones.

The Ugly:  The Ugly is ... I hope I'm wrong (usually am) but I don't think we've seen Ugly yet now that the smoke has cleared and the mirrors revealed.  The House of Cards has fallen and even the most optimistic Marv supporter must finally admit that Emperor Marv is wearing no clothes.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

The Good: I found a dollar bill on the floor of the concession area.

No problem with traffic on the way home for a change.

Bengal home games feature some of the hottest women in town from barely legal to Babe-ra-ham Lincoln MILFs.

The Bad:  Everything mentioned by the previous posters.  +1's all around.  Esp SF's comment about lack of interest as being shown by lack of posters on the board, esp. long time ones.

The Ugly:  The Ugly is ... I hope I'm wrong (usually am) but I don't think we've seen Ugly yet now that the smoke has cleared and the mirrors revealed.  The House of Cards has fallen and even the most optimistic Marv supporter must finally admit that Emperor Marv is wearing no clothes.

I still believe in Black Jesus. It can't hurt if we all do. :)

Good.  Gio looks fully recovered.  Geno still has it.   Billings looked great.  Lawson will be something.  That's about all I got.  Cody core getting separation on the deep balls

Bad.  Bengal dbs that pick themselves out of plays.

Phantom penalties, I hate these ten times worse than missed calls.  Happened on both sides.

Hill still can't see a hole that isn't right in front of him

.        Using Mix on just two series

Minter sucks against the run as bad as he did in AZ

Zampese has not improved with experience.  Still feels like a high school coach is calling plays.

Ugly.  

Our new "cover". Lb Nick Vigil.  The only play he covered well was against a player who pulled his hammy.  He only got his isn't because he was so damn slow  to come up and challenge the receiver that he was in position for the deflection.  Looks totally lost.  Stat sheet will show he made a lot of plays,. This is one times it is damn lies..

Bad Andy showed up for home opener. Aided and abetted by a sieve line, but his worst throws were under little duress.  The good news.....never saw bad Andy in consecutive games.

afore mentioned Ol with special ineptitude award for #70.   It's gonna be a long season.

false start on first play of game.   Remember the last time our season started with a presnap penalty.....the infamous delay of game on first play?.....Bengals went 2-14.

Archived