Steelers cheap shots today

I know this has nothing to do with the Bengals shit show but has to stop period. Totally unacceptable today from them. 3 blatant helmet to helmet hits. Dirty play from Roethisberger driving his shoulder into the defenders knees. Ryan Shazier diving helmet first into Kizer who was fully on the ground following a slide. At least 3 suspensions should be handed out for next week. I can't wait to see what the NFL does.

Its Time We Talk About Adam ...

He was involved in yet another moronic episode that was worth of The Big Bang Theory (which, admittedly, have never watched) or some other moronic sitcom.

I would say he was drunk, got stiffed by a prostitute (and not the way he was anticipating) and was pounding on doors in an upscale hotel downtown generally making an

ass of himself.  Lots of practice.

He gets arrested, continues to make an ass of himself by being argumentative and vulgar swearing at a police officer.

Moronic, yes.  But if it had been Adam Sandler rather than Adam Jones, laughable.  Well, if anything Adam Sandler does is laughable but that's not the point.

Mr. Jones was vilified and publicly drawn and quartered with something that was only newsworthy because it was Adam.  In the long run, no one was hurt.

He's suspended.

The Stealers week in week out deliberately try to injure other players on the field of play.

Mike Mitchell, Ryan Brazier and they even add a cheap shot artist from Cleveland.

Even Bent gets in on the act (didn't see nor the film clip).

So...  Shit gets old...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Its Time We Talk About Adam ...

He was involved in yet another moronic episode that was worth of The Big Bang Theory (which, admittedly, have never watched) or some other moronic sitcom.

I would say he was drunk, got stiffed by a prostitute (and not the way he was anticipating) and was pounding on doors in an upscale hotel downtown generally making an

ass of himself.  Lots of practice.

He gets arrested, continues to make an ass of himself by being argumentative and vulgar swearing at a police officer.

Ok

Moronic, yes.  But if it had been Adam Sandler rather than Adam Jones, laughable.  Well, if anything Adam Sandler does is laughable but that's not the point.

Mr. Jones was vilified and publicly drawn and quartered with something that was only newsworthy because it was Adam.  In the long run, no one was hurt.

He's suspended.

The Stealers week in week out deliberately try to injure other players on the field of play.

Mike Mitchell, Ryan Brazier and they even add a cheap shot artist from Cleveland.

Even Bent gets in on the act (didn't see nor the film clip).

So...  Shit gets old...

Great post! If Cleveland fans don't hate them as much as we do their insane. Remember when the stealer player drop kicked the turds punter in the face on a return? Yet our boys are the only predators and or thugs!? C'mon son!

I was sitting at a bar yesterday with the Bengals game and the stealers game side by side.. it's unreal how many dirty plays they get away with.. they had a bunch actually called, but many more uncalled.
It blows my mind how nobody talks about it (talking heads I mean).. if shazier and Mitchell were Bengals they would be in the same boat Taze is in

19 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

Good for him!! Technically legal hit by Shazier?? Well I guess the pieces of shit found another loophole in the rules. Stay tuned for yet another rule implementation by the end of the season. Can anyone guess who will be the first example they make towards it?? They must have lawyers continually combing the rules looking for loopholes. Smfh!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Good for him!! Technically legal hit by Shazier?? Well I guess the pieces of shit found another loophole in the rules. Stay tuned for yet another rule implementation by the end of the season. Can anyone guess who will be the first example they make towards it??

Not sure how it can be a technically legal hit regardless of who the QB is.  If he is giving himself up, you can't hit him.  

3 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Yeah,  I think I misread. Referred to the hit last year on Gio there apparently.

The hit on Gio was legal when it happened although it was a classless piece of shit hit.  Big Jen and Antonio Brown paid the price for Shazier's cheapshot. 

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The hit on Gio was legal when it happened although it was a classless piece of shit hit.  Big Jen and Antonio Brown paid the price for Shazier's cheapshot. 

I admit Tez is no angel on the field, but I applaud him for pointing out he's far from being the only cheap shot artist in the league.

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The hit on Gio was legal when it happened

Are you sure about that?  I thought intentionally targeting a player's head was a foul, period, since 2-3 years ago at least.

For those keeping score, neither Mitchell nor Shazier have ever served an NFL suspension.

11 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Are you sure about that?  I thought intentionally targeting a player's head was a foul, period, since 2-3 years ago at least.

For those keeping score, neither Mitchell nor Shazier have ever served an NFL suspension.

The rule back then had to do with "Defenseless players" and running backs facing up field were not considered defenseless. Also, there was not targeting (head) penalty back then but there was in college.   Still, every player understands that its bullshit to try and hit another guy in the helmet at full force like Shitzier did.   

And T-Dub, if Shazier doesn't get something for this (games on sofa) then I will become a member of the conspiracy camp. 

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The rule back then had to do with "Defenseless players" and running backs facing up field were not considered defenseless. Also, there was not targeting (head) penalty back then but there was in college.   Still, every player understands that its bullshit to try and hit another guy in the helmet at full force like Shitzier did.   

And T-Dub, if Shazier doesn't get something for this (games on sofa) then I will become a member of the conspiracy camp. 

Well "conspiracy" implies that they are trying to hide it, not sure that fits at this point..   But we'll save you a seat.  Help yourself to the beer & nachos but it's BYO foil hats.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, SF2 said:

You might be right, but I thought (as TDub did) that it was still illegal back then to lead with your helmet - but my memory is kinda shit anymore...

4 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

He definitely has a point.  However, he needs to come up off them sour grapes.  In the end, it wont do he a damn bit of good.  

You're right about that but can you blame him? Sitting home, watching his team lose & knowing he's got 2 more weeks over some bs. 

48 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

He definitely has a point.  However, he needs to come up off them sour grapes.  In the end, it wont do he a damn bit of good.  

My point would be his hit was far less egregious than this one.  Shitzier is blatantly going for a knock out blow to the head on a QB who has clearly entered into the "You can't hit me slide."  There is NO way he escapes some kind of punishment.  If the league really cares about stopping these CTE/Concussion producing hits like they claim then he should sit a few games. 

Burfict pointing it is great because we have 2 different sets of tape and the league will have a hard time explaining away a slap on the wrist.   Shitzier's intention was pretty obvious.