My Observations from the Shutout

Regarding Pac's edge that was missing ... the recent article on Bengals.com has a passage I think helps define how he changes the mindset ...  :boese045:

So he plans to have a talk with his teammates before Thursday in an effort to deter them from helping up opponents after the play.

“The hardest part was probably helping guys up,” Jones said, reflecting on watching the Ravens game in civilian clothes. “I’m not big on helping anybody up and I have friends on other teams, but especially when we’re losing. The competitive edge, we just have to keep it at a high level and realize everybody is playing for jobs. You’re going to make mistakes, but don’t forget the competitiveness.”

Jones emphasized he’s not saying “play nasty.” But he sees nothing wrong with not extending a helping hand.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Jones-returns-with-fire/d51f5f43-99c9-4ea3-8656-d849a5469f0d

On 9/10/2017 at 10:40 PM, SF2 said:

Burfict and Jones?  Nonsense.  We were ranked 17th in defence last year.  Those guys ain't that great.

Burfict shouldn't even be suspended, and he's also the BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER in the NFL. Not on the Bengals, but in the entire league. 

19 hours ago, cincity said:

My issue is Zamp!!! 3rd and 2 driving in and  you call a pass play. I hate that ish!!!  With the RBs we have!??!?!

Fucking Zampese.  I hate him because he is so predictable, but when he does something that is not predictable then I hate that also.

Why can't we find a good OC who does exactly what every other team would do, but at the same time is not predictable?  That's all I am asking.

:rolleyes:

11 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Burfict shouldn't even be suspended, and he's also the BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER in the NFL. Not on the Bengals, but in the entire league. 

That is simply not true. Sean Lee, Luke Kuechly, Von Miller all better linebackers particularly in September.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

That is simply not true. Sean Lee, Luke Kuechly, Von Miller all better linebackers particularly in September.

Look on the bright side, all these games he's been missing in the regular season should help extend his career. In hindsight we may end up thanking king rog. :lol:

Well September yeah. Lee has missed more games than tez has due to his injuries. Miller has a vastly different role. Kuechly missed more games than burdock dis last season to I'm pretty sure. Didn't google it though

19 hours ago, schotzee said:

Look on the bright side, all these games he's been missing in the regular season should help extend his career. In hindsight we may end up thanking king rog. :lol:

All joking aside, you may be on to something.

Even though more and more athletes are recovering 100% from microfracture surgery there still has not been one who had a long successful career.  They guys that do seem to recover 100% usually have shorter careers.

So maybe a few games off every year will help extend Tez's career.

Archived