Would We Have a “W” if Burfict and A.J. played Thursday Night?

Unfortunately, no.  With them, the Ravens would have probably only won 7-0.  The one long catch and run where the Bengals were outcoached ... per the post game show... with an excellent call from the Ravens bench.  That's what is called, I believe, an on field adjustment to something they picked up.  And something that is beyond the Bengals coaching staff.

I have decided to call our Offensive Line "The Library" because we have a couple of busts as bookends.

Honestly, the defense only gave up 20 points with 5 turnovers against.  They played pretty damn good.   Our offense is so predictable its painful to watch.  OSU and the Bengals O staff must go to the same Summer Offensive strategy symposiums every year. 

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Honestly, the defense only gave up 20 points with 5 turnovers against.  They played pretty damn good.   Our offense is so predictable its painful to watch.  OSU and the Bengals O staff must go to the same Summer Offensive strategy symposiums every year. 

Without Burfict and Jones too! Definitely a positive to take from it.

No, the defense is fine and I haven't seen anything out of McSkeeter to convince me he would've made the difference.  He may yet be the better QB and I wouldn't mind finding out for sure at this point, but he started 6 games for us and it's not like he was putting up 350+ and 3 TD's.  I don't think any QB is going to find much success behind this OL.

Like I said elsewhere, at 5 sacks/game ol' Jethro will be starting soon enough.  Dalton's not some huge lummox like Big Jen, he actually has a brain to get rattled when he's hit.  No way he plays 16.

Not sure why everyone is saying that defense played well. They did ok but that 3rd quarter driver where all they did was run the ball? Did flaccid even complete a ball ten yards down field? Not sure he could actually throw that deep yet we gave up all the underneath crap.

Yeah no Rick. We actually have to score to win a game

11 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

If McCarron and Smith played then maybe...

A.J. better play this Thursday! There will be a lot of upset fans (and players), if he doesn’t. Everyone here knows the Bengal players were wondering when Marvin was going to put A.J. in against the Ravens last Sunday. Heck, Andy was expecting the hook, too. (Speaking of that, if we stink up the place Thursday, the hook better take out Marvin, too.)

On 9/12/2017 at 9:59 AM, Rick said:

Everyone here knows the Bengal players were wondering when Marvin was going to put A.J. in against the Ravens last Sunday. Heck, Andy was expecting the hook, too.

This is not true at all.

Just your imagination running away with you.

On 9/12/2017 at 9:59 AM, Rick said:

A.J. better play this Thursday! There will be a lot of upset fans (and players), if he doesn’t. Everyone here knows the Bengal players were wondering when Marvin was going to put A.J. in against the Ravens last Sunday. Heck, Andy was expecting the hook, too. (Speaking of that, if we stink up the place Thursday, the hook better take out Marvin, too.)

Do you really believe that?

On 9/12/2017 at 10:27 AM, omgdrdoom said:

Regardless of the crazy overreactions to a terrible game all around, Andy Dalton is a much better NFL QB than A.J. McCarron.

This...so much this. 

You know (and I will no doubt be challenged by the TV-watching experts), being in the lower stands and seeing 3 of the 4 INT's occur right in front of me...I can honestly say that only one should be directly placed on Andy. Take your pick: the sideline pattern one, or the tipped ball at the line. The others were caused by simply damn good defensive plays. Mosely's was great read/timed. I believe it was the second one intended for AJ, where the ball was lofted just right and the defender jumped out of his shoes to deflect it. Everyone around my area was saying the same thing "nice play". Yeah, but there is never another team on the field who just might make some plays--it's always just on the Bengal side. 

I really like Scooter, but all of this siren-calling is simply nonsense.   

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:59 AM, Rick said:

What planet are you living on?

On September 12, 2017 at 9:59 AM, Rick said:

Rick, you need to get back down south to TV and work out that testosterone brother. 😄

On 9/11/2017 at 9:54 PM, ccartman2 said:

Not sure why everyone is saying that defense played well. They did ok but that 3rd quarter driver where all they did was run the ball? Did flaccid even complete a ball ten yards down field? Not sure he could actually throw that deep yet we gave up all the underneath crap.

Yeah no Rick. We actually have to score to win a game

Well they were on the field quite a bit because of terrible offense but yeah that drive sucked but there were 2 very questionable calls both on 3rd down i believe one on wj3 where he couldn't of played it any better and a hold on vigil where it seemed he just touched the guy inside of 5 yards. 

I agree. McScooter should get the start this week. Dalton has been given over 20 second chances. Enough already. Plus we really don't know if Dalton is better. AJ basically won us our first playoff game until the rest of the team fucked it up. Even if AJ is little less talented in some opinions his leadership abilities could put him well ahead of Dalton. 

Archived