Sound the Alarm! Trade NOW for a good Offensive Tackle!

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

I am close to pressing the panic button! We need to trade for a SOLID offensive tackle now! Get it done before the Thursday night game. (But don’t trade A.J. for the OT. Maybe, Andy?)

Who in the world has a starting quality LT on the bench?  No one is trading away a starter at this point  of the season.

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

Who in the world has a starting quality LT on the bench?  No one is trading away a starter at this point  of the season.

I would say most teams have better OTs sitting on their benches that are better then what we have now. I bet Whitworth is laughing at us.

We all need to calm down, people forget Bengals at Ravens in 2011? Whitworth was our awesome starting LT.....looks at plays #1 and #4, CedO could have done a better job on those 2 plays.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011112004/2011/REG11/bengals@ravens#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A09000d5d8244c06e&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

1. 2-7-BAL 7(:46) (Shotgun) 14-A.Dalton pass incomplete short left to 87-A.Caldwell [55-T.Suggs]. PENALTY on CIN-14-A.Dalton, Intentional Grounding, 10 yards, enforced between downs. Terrell Suggs has Dalton in his grasp when Dalton throws ball out of bounds.
  2. Timeout #2 by CIN at 00:40.
  3. 3-17-BAL 17(:40) (Shotgun) 14-A.Dalton pass incomplete short left to 89-J.Simpson.
  4. 4-17-BAL 17(:33) (Shotgun) 14-A.Dalton sacked at BAL 22 for -5 yards (90-P.McPhee).

18 hours ago, turningpoint said:

We all need to calm down, people forget Bengals at Ravens in 2011? Whitworth was our awesome starting LT.....looks at plays #1 and #4, CedO could have done a better job on those 2 plays.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011112004/2011/REG11/bengals@ravens#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A09000d5d8244c06e&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

1. 2-7-BAL 7(:46) (Shotgun) 14-A.Dalton pass incomplete short left to 87-A.Caldwell [55-T.Suggs]. PENALTY on CIN-14-A.Dalton, Intentional Grounding, 10 yards, enforced between downs. Terrell Suggs has Dalton in his grasp when Dalton throws ball out of bounds.
  2. Timeout #2 by CIN at 00:40.
  3. 3-17-BAL 17(:40) (Shotgun) 14-A.Dalton pass incomplete short left to 89-J.Simpson.
  4. 4-17-BAL 17(:33) (Shotgun) 14-A.Dalton sacked at BAL 22 for -5 yards (90-P.McPhee).

Lol? Is this serious?

1. Suggs didn't exclusively play 1 side against 1 linemen in every game. You have no idea that this 1 specific pressure was even against Whit.

2. Even if it was, what does 1 pressure 6 years ago supposed to prove about Whitworth not being an All-Pro caliber LT?

3. Showing that Suggs pressured Andy and McPhee recorded a sack on Whit's side 6 years ago has absolutely jack shit to do with Cedric Ogbuehi being a horrible LT.

I think some people can't admit they're wrong, instead they have INSANE rationalizations like this one. "Hey guyz, Suggs pressured Andy this one time, WHIT AINT SO AWESOME NOW HUH??? WHO WAS RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!"

Fucking clown show around here sometimes.

A "too old" Whitworth looked in All Pro form in LA while Ced was playing his best turnstile impression against the Ravens. That's all that needs to be known about the situation. The team fucked up by not giving Whitworth a 2-3 year deal, plain and simple. Teams make mistakes sometimes, it's going to happen, but they shouldn't be immune to criticism because of that fact. This was a big enough fuck up for people to have some room to bitch about. 2 plays that happened 6 years ago changes none of this.

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

Lol? Is this serious?

1. Suggs didn't exclusively play 1 side against 1 linemen in every game. You have no idea that this 1 specific pressure was even against Whit.

2. Even if it was, what does 1 pressure 6 years ago supposed to prove about Whitworth not being an All-Pro caliber LT?

3. Showing that Suggs pressured Andy and McPhee recorded a sack on Whit's side 6 years ago has absolutely jack shit to do with Cedric Ogbuehi being a horrible LT.

I think some people can't admit they're wrong, instead they have INSANE rationalizations like this one. "Hey guyz, Suggs pressured Andy this one time, WHIT AINT SO AWESOME NOW HUH??? WHO WAS RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!"

Fucking clown show around here sometimes.

A "too old" Whitworth looked in All Pro form in LA while Ced was playing his best turnstile impression against the Ravens. That's all that needs to be known about the situation. The team fucked up by not giving Whitworth a 2-3 year deal, plain and simple. Teams make mistakes sometimes, it's going to happen, but they shouldn't be immune to criticism because of that fact. This was a big enough fuck up for people to have some room to bitch about. 2 plays that happened 6 years ago changes none of this.

All I was saying is not everyone is perfect....Ced O vs a future hall of famer is a bad idea.

57 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

All I was saying is not everyone is perfect....Ced O vs a future hall of famer is a bad idea.

The issue is that it isn't like comparing Andy Dalton to Tom Brady. There's no possible way for our team to obtain Tom Brady so it's pointless to talk about it.

Andrew Whitworth, current All-Pro caliber LT was on our roster the year prior and willing to re-sign with us. THAT is my issue. The team should have given Whit a 3 year deal with an out after 2 (just like the Rams did) and locked up our left side of the line for a couple more years while continuing to develop Ced or admitting their mistake with Ced and drafting another OT to develop.

Not keeping Whit around could be one of the biggest mistakes this franchise has ever made, and that's saying a lot.

Whitworth giving up a sack to McPhee 6 years ago means nothing to the discussion of whether it was a mistake to let Whit walk or not. It was clearly a mistake and most of us have been saying it since even before it happened that it would be a huge issue if we don't re-sign him.

If nothing else whit should have been franchised. This front office and coaching staff is a joke. You have hands down the worst oline in the NFL and your first two draft picks are skilll position players. When your best olineman is boiling who average to slightly above average and then the drop off of the next 4 is enormous. Anyone with any common sense seen this coming. Oh yeah let's  not forget the one and only free agent OL signed Andre "no other team in the NFL wants me" smith.   It's a joke they might as well go wildcat Thursday night or dalton may die

Archived