There goes Elliott

19 minutes ago, NativeTheory said:

Think the frustration with this subject is having picked him in the 5th round with all the other issues we have and having nothing to show for it. Could have easily had him or Gonzalez in the 7th. 

There were many good players still on the board when Elliot was selected in the 5th round and they already resigned Bullock to a 2 year deal, why take a guy relatively early for his position, not use him, and give another player on the roster a multi year deal?

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

So Jake the Shank was a blown 5th round pick and we also lost 6th rounder J.J. Diehlman.  That's like not even having a 5th and 6th round pick.  Not that we would have drafted all pro super stars there but its like no pick at all.

We got Diehlman back.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/14/16308586/bengals-sign-j-j-dielman-practice-squad

On 9/18/2017 at 12:08 AM, PatternMaster said:

There were many good players still on the board when Elliot was selected in the 5th round and they already resigned Bullock to a 2 year deal, why take a guy relatively early for his position, not use him, and give another player on the roster a multi year deal?

"Wah! :20: Wah! :254: Wah!  The biggest problem with the Bengals is they don't have open competition for every position."

Bengals have open competition for PK position

"Wah! :20:Wah! :254: Wah! Why would the Bengals have an open competition for the PK position."

On 9/18/2017 at 9:02 AM, High School Harry said:

That's like not even having a 5th and 6th round pick.  Not that we would have drafted all pro super stars there but its like no pick at all.

They were our 7th and 8th picks in the draft.  If your 7th and 8th draft picks are making the roster that usually means you had a weak roster. 

We had 11 picks this year.  Did you really expect all of them to make the roster?

The Elliot thing is a classic Bengals fuck-up. That kind of leg is a legit weapon, one even more valuable when you have a fuck-up coaching the team and a fuck-up quarter-backing the team. If you are gonna spend a 5th round pikc on him, then he needs to fucking make the team. Watch him go on to a hall of fame type career in Philly while Bullock continues to fucking choke kicks that matter. This team is fucking stupid. We are all stupid for caring. Fuck them all. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

The Elliot thing is a classic Bengals fuck-up. That kind of leg is a legit weapon, one even more valuable when you have a fuck-up coaching the team and a fuck-up quarter-backing the team. If you are gonna spend a 5th round pikc on him, then he needs to fucking make the team. Watch him go on to a hall of fame type career in Philly while Bullock continues to fucking choke kicks that matter. This team is fucking stupid. We are all stupid for caring. Fuck them all. 

Bullock made the kick, sure he missed from 48, but I think bullock could make a 61yder if needed. Our kicking game is fine, you're just angry Elliot made a 61yder.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Pretty much this ☝🏽, esp. the bolded.

I thought they should have kept Elliot over Bullock simply because by putting Elliot on the practice squad, someone was going to pick him up which they did.  Its like we gave the Eagles our 5th round draft pick for nothing.  While I'm not a fan of the word "potential", Elliot had the talent and room to improve once he got acclimated to the NFL and system.  Randy (like Andy) has peaked.  If Bullock was cut, he wasn't going anywhere and could be back with one phone call.

Now to the point of crying over spilt milk but I thought it was a terrible personnel decision to cut him.  Like you said, "a classic Bengal fuck-up".

7 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

Bullock made the kick, sure he missed from 48, but I think bullock could make a 61yder if needed. Our kicking game is fine, you're just angry Elliot made a 61yder.

I was angry when he was let go. I was angry when bullock missed from 48, because that's what Bullock does. Our kicking game is shit because they doubled down on shit, and ignored spending a 5th round pick on a kicker, and then gave him no chance to work into the job. It was stupid. This is a stupid team. 

Archived