There goes Elliott

On 9/17/2017 at 11:43 PM, NativeTheory said:

Think the frustration with this subject is having picked him in the 5th round with all the other issues we have and having nothing to show for it. Could have easily had him or Gonzalez in the 7th. 

1.  Elliot was our 7th pick of the draft.  The 7th draft pick rarely makes the roster for any team.

2.  You have no idea if we could have gotten Elliot in the 7th round.  If the Bengals had him rated as a 5th round talent then other NFL teams might have also.  If you believe the media draft projections are always 100% accurate I can provide dozens of examples to prove you wrong.

6 minutes ago, membengal said:

I was angry when he was let go. I was angry when bullock missed from 48, because that's what Bullock does. Our kicking game is shit because they doubled down on shit, and ignored spending a 5th round pick on a kicker, and then gave him no chance to work into the job. It was stupid. This is a stupid team. 

I think they gave him a chance by putting him on the practice squad.....you can't carry 2 kickers, you wanted them to cut 1 of our WR's? hell we'll see who goes today once burfict comes back. What if he missed 2 kicks in the 1st game vs the ravens and bullock signed elsewhere? would you still be belly aching? 

31 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Hall of Fame kickers don't usually shank 30 yard FG attempts.

Well, it is his first two games  as a rookie - I am guessing with a leg that nails fucking 61-yarders, he will get the chance to find consistency that he should have been given here. Like kickers never miss. Get the fuck out of here. A leg with that kind of range is special, and something this team most certainly could have used. Hell, they drafted it, so you can tell they knew they needed it. And then they fucking waiver it for Randy fuckin' Bullock, when there are ALWAYS Randy fuckin' Bullocks available on the scrap heap anytime.

God damn this is a stupid fucking franchise.

30 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

I think they gave him a chance by putting him on the practice squad.....you can't carry 2 kickers, you wanted them to cut 1 of our WR's? hell we'll see who goes today once burfict comes back. What if he missed 2 kicks in the 1st game vs the ravens and bullock signed elsewhere? would you still be belly aching? 

Yes. Because if they drafted him 5th round, then trust the fucking evaluation. We saw the leg against the Colts when he just barely missed a 60-yarder. So, yeah, I would still be pissed. It was stone cold stupid to cut him when they had invested a 5th round pick in him, to throw their lot with a career nobody. There are always career nobodies available at kicker. You keep Elliot in case can be something special. But, not the Bengals. Forever dumb.

58 minutes ago, membengal said:

Yes. Because if they drafted him 5th round, then trust the fucking evaluation. We saw the leg against the Colts when he just barely missed a 60-yarder. So, yeah, I would still be pissed. It was stone cold stupid to cut him when they had invested a 5th round pick in him, to throw their lot with a career nobody. There are always career nobodies available at kicker. You keep Elliot in case can be something special. But, not the Bengals. Forever dumb.

Funny how the same fans that bitch about Marvin not having open competition for every position also bitch and moan about it when he does have an open competition.

And Bullock is not a "career nobody".  In 2014 he was 30-35 overall and 4-5 from 50+.  Kickers in the NFL are notorious for having up and down years.  In fact most of the really good kickers have been released before by a previous team.

24 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

lolol... awesome thread.. fyi

IKR?

Draft kicker

Waive said draft pick

Draft pick hits franchise-record 61 yard walk-off for new team.

Bengals kicker shanks one OOB for an easy Green Bay score to negate an early lead, then misses 48 yard FG in a game they end up losing in OT.

It doesn't get any more Bengal than that.

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

IKR?

Draft kicker

Waive said draft pick

Bengals kicker shanks one OOB for an easy Green Bay score to negate an early lead, then misses 48 yard FG in a game they end up losing in OT.

It's one of the Bengalist things there could be. That's so Bengals.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

IKR?

Draft kicker

Waive said draft pick

Bengal whiner fan ignores that draft pick shanked a 30 yarder last week.

It doesn't get any more Bengal fan whiner than that

23 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Bengal whiner fan ignores that draft pick shanked a 30 yarder last week.

It doesn't get any more Bengal fan whiner than that

Bengals uber-homer ignores that the reason you keep Elliot is that the leg he possesses allows room for growing pains. 

19 minutes ago, ValleyBengal said:

It's all a silly argument. Marvin would never have the balls to let a rookie kicker try a 61 yard game winning field goal, especially after missing one earlier in the game. Sometimes, a coach just has to trust that his players will rise to the occasion.

True on Marvin. But, Marvin won't be here forever ( I think). Would have been nice to have a kicker with that kind of leg as a weapon for future Bengals coaches who have brains and testicles. 

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Bengals uber-homer ignores that the reason you keep Elliot is that the leg he possesses allows room for growing pains. 

He's not a homer, he's a troll.  That's why every post leads with some kind of insult or name-calling.  

Kindly put him on ignore or at least quit quoting his nonsense for the rest of us who have.

4 hours ago, turningpoint said:

Maybe we should bring back nugent since he hit a 64yder vs the colts in the playoffs!!!! NUGENT>>> Elliot>> BULLOCK!

I mean seriously wtf is going on here with all the bitching.

Hope Fat Randy drills a 62yder this week so everyone can shut the fuck up about Elliot.

The thing is though it's all about pressure kicks. In other words he could drill a 67 yarder 3 mins into a game and that shouldn't mean diddlly to anyone. I know it wouldn't me.

4 hours ago, membengal said:

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

He's not a homer, he's a troll.  That's why every post leads with some kind of insult or name-calling.  

Kindly put him on ignore or at least quit quoting his nonsense for the rest of us who have.

Mr. Dub is correct, mem.  Presenting logic to a troll is like NASCAR ... going in a circle (ok, oval) real fast and not getting anywhere.

However, I don't have him on ignore.  Just ignorant.

21 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Mr. Dub is correct, mem.  Presenting logic to a troll is like NASCAR ... going in a circle (ok, oval) real fast and not getting anywhere.

However, I don't have him on ignore.  Just ignorant.

Used to make a point of not putting ppl on ignore, but I figure.. why not?  We're not discussing anything that important, if someone gets on my nerves *poof* they're gone.  We're only bullshitting about pro football, I don't owe anyone my attention.  Find myself starting to type out some in-depth response, then realize it's nice outside..

giphy.gif

What's the point? 

Archived