Texans Tonight

IDK how you watch the game last week and come away thinking we have an advantage over anyone left on the schedule.  This is at best an even match-up.  Plus, it's TNF, which is a shit-tier product in itself that provides nothing beyond yet another cash infusion for the bloated NFL carcass. If they actually had a shred of this much-talked-about integrity they would simply flip a coin and save everyone the trouble.

My prediction:  Getting a good night's rest before an early work day on Friday, where I can read the postmortem during the ol' morning constitutional.

8 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

IDK how you watch the game last week and come away thinking we have an advantage over anyone left on the schedule.  This is at best an even match-up.  Plus, it's TNF, which is a shit-tier product in itself that provides nothing beyond yet another cash infusion for the bloated NFL carcass. If they actually had a shred of this much-talked-about integrity they would simply flip a coin and save everyone the trouble.

My prediction:  Getting a good night's rest before an early work day on Friday, where I can read the postmortem during the ol' morning constitutional.

WTF? Dalton won't play a game like that the rest of the season....team probably left 20pts on the field and gave up 13 turning it over.....god you're annoying.

Bengals lose tonight, they really suck. Texans are missing a bunch of dudes and starting a rookie QB (I know I know).

I hope they win big.. I haven't gone to a game since 2015 and I'm going tonight.. wanna have some fun.

WHO-DEY!!!!!

Get a good night sleep T-dub

39 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Well Brian Cushing is out 10 games for Pers starting tonight.

Houston is a terrible team offensively, if we lose this game or it is even close, it will be a bad sign.

Rookie QB's have well documented history of making a name for themselves against the Bengals. From Brett Farve in 1992 to Trevor Siemian 2016.

Without Burfict I expect the defense to struggle to stop Watson outside of the pocket. Dalton and the offense line will also struggle against the Texans front 7. Marvin will fuck up the time management and it will be an ugly display of pro football. 

Texans 12. Bengals 9

1 minute ago, fluhartz said:

Bengals lose tonight, they really suck. Texans are missing a bunch of dudes and starting a rookie QB (I know I know).

I hope they win big.. 

Hey, me too! I don't know where y'all are getting this "no way the Bengals should lose" stuff after what you saw last week, is all.  

Get a good night sleep T-dub

Thanks, and I hope they pull out a "W" for ya.  

Just now, T-Dub said:

Oh did I miss where they signed an entire new starting OL?  

Yes the O-line is pure garbage they just let the D-linemen through to sack Dalton. Just like Seahawks, texans and Saints O-line's will be doing the old O-lay! All season long. :2dedhorse:

Why even play the games, we have a Pop warner O-line, jeez unbelievable to think the bengals didn't create the perfect NFL roster, all the other 31 teams have zero flaws, so why do we have flaws? Let's blame Marvin and Mike!!! :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, turningpoint said:

Yes the O-line is pure garbage they just let the D-linemen through to sack Dalton. Just like Seahawks, texans and Saints O-line's will be doing the old O-lay! All season long. :2dedhorse:

Why even play the games, we have a Pop warner O-line, jeez unbelievable to think the bengals didn't create the perfect NFL roster, all the other 31 teams have zero flaws, so why do we have flaws? Let's blame Marvin and Mike!!! :rolleyes:

Paul Alexander, is that you?!

Just now, T-Dub said:

Hey, me too! I don't know where y'all are getting this "no way the Bengals should lose" stuff after what you saw last week, is all.  

Thanks, and I hope they pull out a "W" for ya.  

Nothing I saw last week makes me think that.. It's looking at the two teams over all talent.. I am just hoping last week isn't what this team is..

Just now, turningpoint said:

Bengals 27-Texans 10.

Our Defense is way too good to give up much. 

Here's how i see the division standings going into week 2.

Bengals 1-1

Stealers 1-1

Ravens 1-1

Browns 1-1

I don't know about the score for tonight.. but I agree that the defense is good and was pretty good last week.. the offense just fucked them over last week

those standings would be great going in to week 3... I don't know if the stealers will lose at home though. Vikes looked good last week, but the saints suck..

27 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

For the love of God I hope the coaching staff gives Ced alot of help against Watt.

How do you propose they do that? Keep Efeirt into block? lol

I think they need to do quick hit passing, make the DE's slow down and get the D-line out of sync. I really don't think we have an O-line problem, I think we have a play calling problem. This offense feels like it's been stuck in 3rd gear since Jackson left. 

We need to try our Star wars formation's, bubble screens, quick hits out of the backfield to setup the deep passes. This nonstop 3 step drop crap is going to kill us.

19 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

I think they need to do quick hit passing, make the DE's slow down and get the D-line out of sync. I really don't think we have an O-line problem, I think we have a play calling problem. This offense feels like it's been stuck in 3rd gear since Jackson left. 

We need to try our Star wars formation's, bubble screens, quick hits out of the backfield to setup the deep passes. This nonstop 3 step drop crap is going to kill us.

Or Hewitt or run a jumbo line, just don't leave him by himself against Watt.

51 minutes ago, SF2 said:

TNF would be good if teams played that game AFTER their bye week.  The way it is now is stupid.

While that would definitely help, it's still an off-schedule game played to a limited audience. 

50 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

If they're only going to target him one time anyway..  Or they could run Uzomah out there instead, or keep Hewitt in to block, or at least not go empty backfield so there's not even a threat of a running play when the defense is already teeing off on your QB. 

I think they need to do quick hit passing

That's been our offense for several years, either because Dalton can't throw the the ball more than 15 yards or because our vaunted OL wasn't actually as good as the sack #'s suggested, depending on your POV.

The other problem with it being that, when combined with a practically non-existent ground game, it makes for an extremely predictable offense where the DB's can safely guess at jumping routes as long as they've got one guy deep to bracket AJ.

19 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Or Hewitt or run a jumbo line, just don't leave him by himself against Watt.

Dont forget Clowney is on this team as well,..and McKinney the linebacker.   They have a good defense and you can bet they will be going after CED all night. 

22 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

While that would definitely help, it's still an off-schedule game played to a limited audience. 

If they're only going to target him one time anyway..  Or they could run Uzomah out there instead, or keep Hewitt in to block, or at least not go empty backfield so there's not even a threat of a running play when the defense is already teeing off on your QB. 

That's been our offense for several years, either because Dalton can't throw the the ball more than 15 yards or because our vaunted OL wasn't actually as good as the sack #'s suggested, depending on your POV.

The other problem with it being that, when combined with a practically non-existent ground game, it makes for an extremely predictable offense where the DB's can safely guess at jumping routes as long as they've got one guy deep to bracket AJ.

On your last comment, i think that's why Cody Core had 2 chances last week, if Dalton's dumb ass could hit a receiver running a deep route.

1 minute ago, turningpoint said:

On your last comment, i think that's why Cody Core had 2 chances last week, if Dalton's dumb ass could hit a receiver running a deep route.

Yeah if they had connected on either of those it would've taken some pressure off even if it didn't score points.

41 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Dont forget Clowney is on this team as well,..and McKinney the linebacker.   They have a good defense and you can bet they will be going after CED all night. 

Clowney has a bad foot, Cushing is out. Even healthy last week, they combined for no sacks against the vaunted Blake Bortles-led Jags. 

But it keep the no-chance-to-win agenda going. 

I just think it's a confidence issue with Ced, he seems to be giving up too much real estate at the snap, he needs to try to stand his ground more and try to engage the defender a little more. I really just hope it's technique issue's, he also looks like he could add some weight? God only knows...fucker practiced against Vion Miller for 2 years you;d think he'd have it figured out.

Archived