The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Texans

The Good 

outside of the one big pass play the D played well tonight, they were gassed towards the end but when they are on the field that much...

Geno is a Beast

AJ Green one big pass play

Mixon is a hard runner

The Bad

Eiffert going out of bounds on what could have been a TD otherwise

The Ugly

Looks like Andy Dalton with cable is back

Good:

- Geno, defensive MVP of the league on any other team.

- Pacman played very well, I was a bit surprised, but pleasantly so.

- Vinny Rey just keeps on being that ultra-reliable backup LB who ends up having to start.

- When given the chance AJ was dominant.

- Willis is starting to look like a steal, as is Lawson.

- Shawn Williams played much better than I expected.

The Bad:

- Bonehead Eifert

- Bonehead Andy "Ehhh I'll Just Throw This Out-of-bounds" Dalton

- Bonehead Andy "Ehhh I'll Just Throw It At The Receiver's Feet" Dalton

- Bonehead Andy "Ehhh I'll Just Hand The Read Option To the RB With Three Defenders In His Face" Dalton

The Ugly:

- Ken Zampese and his highschool-level playcalling.

- Marvin and his faces, which only manage to accomplish a nice heaping pile of jack squat.

- More records for rookie QBs against the Bengals, regardless of how well the defense plays in total.

- Mike Brown finding a way to ruin yet another tiny Bengal window of hope.

The good-My appreciation to Mike Brown for freeing up the next 15 Sundays to spend more time with my son.

See ya next season folks.37 years of this has finally taken it's toll.I'll check the scores,or catch the game if I'm not busy,but no more sports bars if Channel 10 isn't carrying it,or planning around a game.There's no polishing that turd offensive line-they are toast.I have better ways to waste my time.

The Good ... in addition to what has already been said, Randy Bullock hitting his three field goals and deep kick offs.  I think a lot of people were waiting for him to screw up.

The Bad ... Ross' fumble.

The Ugly ... not putting Ross back in to regain his confidence and make up for it.  Marvin was childish for treating him like a child.

This is simply a bad football team.  At least the offense.  At least the line and quarterback. 

6 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

The Good ... in addition to what has already been said, Randy Bullock hitting his three field goals and deep kick offs.  I think a lot of people were waiting for him to screw up.

The Bad ... Ross' fumble.

The Ugly ... not putting Ross back in to regain his confidence and make up for it.  Marvin was childish for treating him like a child.

This is simply a bad football team.  At least the offense.  At least the line and quarterback. 

Exactly what he said. I can't for the life of me see ML reasoning in benching for a fumble. Dalton has 32 ints since 2011. Most in the NFL during that span. Still starting and still throwing picks.

7 hours ago, fresno bengal said:

Exactly what he said. I can't for the life of me see ML reasoning in benching for a fumble. Dalton has 32 ints since 2011. Most in the NFL during that span. Still starting and still throwing picks.

They were making an issue of it on the post game radio show, too.  Listened to it on the way home.

There must have been a gazillion commercials on TV.  Lots of long dead space on the field with nothing happening.

The Ironic ... Marvin challenges a play.  It turns out to be the right call.  The ball the receiver caught did hit the ground.  The refs did not overturn it, anyway.  Did the blown call cost us the game?  We'll never know.

Trivial stat ... comment made on the pregame radio show that the Texans had won the previous 18 games where they had led at the half.  The streak lives.

Just a boring game all around. 

4 minutes ago, mhfinks said:

Good - I could laugh it off in the morning

Bad - We lost last night

Ugly - We suck - really suck!

Worse still - I love this team and will keep enduring each and every week!

So much this unfortunately.  Although I wasn't laughing too much this morning, but rather still shaking my head.

I wore my Bengals gear to work today at Kroger on purpose, just to gauge reactions. I had four people come up to me and say things like "You need to get rid of that hoodie" or "You're really brave for wearing that today". I basically told them all I am a fan of the team no matter what and if I can suffer through the 1990's and spend all my disposable income at the stadium over that stretch, I can endure this too. So can you. We won 12 games in 2015. We were this close to being a playoff team last season if it weren't for Mike Nugent (and Bullock, against the Texans). We simply can't be as bad as we've looked. There's just too much talent on the team.

-Dalton will get better or get replaced at some point, or hurt

-The line play has nowhere to go but up as they gel

-A new OC is going to really help get us adjusting to our players strengths

-John Ross will hopefully start playing entire games and not getting benched for a rookie mistake (that is still PISSING ME OFF royally...what a stupid, stupid decision!)

-Tyler Eifert and AJ Green will get more catches

-The running game will improve, and we will settle on a starter and riun effectively between the tackles with someone NOT named Bernard

-We will score a TD next week. Yeah, the bar's been set pretty low for that one

Mike Brown should tell Marvin that he's fired if he laughs ONE MORE TIME after a bad loss. It's not fucking funny you overpaid, over-tenured fool.

Archived