Boyd Hurt?

2 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Marvin said no.  He implied that it was because of "numbers", i.e. they wanted to dress Ross, and they probably wanted a body in another position.  That turned out great!

Thanks.  Did Ross even play after the fumble?  Maybe we should try him at left tackle... :ninja:

2 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Thanks.  Did Ross even play after the fumble?  Maybe we should try him at left tackle... :ninja:

It seemed to us watching that he never did again.  He certainly wasn't targeted in any way.  They ran the same play later and it was Erickson who got it.

3 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

It seemed to us watching that he never did again.  He certainly wasn't targeted in any way.  They ran the same play later and it was Erickson who got it.

Makes no sense.  I saw the replay and Ross didn't do anything wrong that I could tell, just a perfect hit right on the football. With all the other shit they let slide you bench a rookie for that?

9 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Eriksson had a heck of a game.  Good returns and caught a few balls.  Brings more to the table than Boyd who is too slow to be of much use on special teams.

Yeah it's too bad a break-out performance like that gets overshadowed by an overall shitty game.  TBH I'd kind of forgotten about the guy but obviously he can play.

29 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Is Tyler Boyd hurt?  I don't recall seeing that anywhere.

Not hurt.  Inactive so Ross could play.  I thought inactivating Cody Core, who never saw the field, would have been a better move.  Having Core active says a lot about high draft pick Boyd and a real confidence builder for him to be benched for a bubble scrub who didn't see the field.

21 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

No.  A real confidence builder for that kid, too.

19 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Makes no sense.  I saw the replay and Ross didn't do anything wrong that I could tell, just a perfect hit right on the football. With all the other shit they let slide you bench a rookie for that?

Definitely a bad mov if he was benched for that fumble. Did the same thing to Hill though when he was a rookie as well if I remember correctly.

23 minutes ago, Khatmandude said:

What about WJ3?  I didn't see him out there at all.  

He was the designated Special teams gunner him and shaw.

I really think our Defense should be him and Dre on the outside and Pacman playing the nickel, really fucking annoying.

Anyways, I hope we draft another receiver in the 1st couple of rounds this spring so we can bench him as well. 

Archived