"We Suck" Dre Kirkpatrich

Bengals cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick after loss to Texans: “We suck”

Curtis Crabtree,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports 7 hours ago 

Being shutout to open the season and losing to a rookie quarterback in his first career start four days later is already taking its toll on the Cincinnati Bengals.

After a 13-9 loss to the Houston Texans on Thursday night, Bengals players expressed their frustration with the team’s 0-2 start. Cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick kept his assessment quite simple.

“We suck,” he said, via Jeremy Rausch of FOX 19 in Cincinnati.

Kirkpartrick wasn’t he only one. Rausch also noted an unnamed player yelling in the Bengals locker room “we just lost to the worst team in the league.” (no, we're the worse team in the league.  No touchdowns in two games. HSH)

The Bengals have not scored a touchdown through the first two games of the season. The defense has been plenty good enough. They allowed just 268 yards of offense to the Baltimore Ravens last Sunday and just 266 yards to the Texans on Thursday night. They’ve allowed just 33 points combined through the first two games of the season and yet they find themselves at 0-2 largely due to an anemic offense.

While Baltimore and Houston are far from offensive juggernauts, the defense has carried its weight. The offense has not, scoring just nine points through two games.

With a trip to face the Green Bay Packers on the docket in 10 days, the Bengals are facing the real possibility of an 0-3 start. Any chances they have of competing for a playoff spot this season could be shot before the start of October.

Marvin is a ghost.  He isn't even there.  I think the team has zero respect for him and his losing mentality.  They play like it.

What I am waiting for is some dissension in the locket room.  Geno is playing at a pro bowl level after two games.  Adam Jones is not known for his patience and tolerance.  And Burfict isn't even back yet.  The defense had given up 20 points in one game, 13 to a rookie quarterback and suck team in the second and our offensive brute is a pudgy journeyman place kicker.  I think its only a matter of time until someone takes a piece of Ogbuhei's or Fisher's ass in the locker room.  I think that is the sort of thing that happens on underachieving ( ? ) teams when the coach is a joke.  Marvin is Black Shula.  And the offensive coordinator sucks, too.

Good, because you know Marvin isn't calling anyone out...especially the QB he's been coddling for years.  Dalton's time has come and gone.  Without a top OC, he's garbage.  He's mentally weak, physically limited....not a good combination for an NFL QB.  

How do you have the weapons the Bengals have and score 9 pts in 2 games with zero TDs?  Makes no sense.  OC and QB need replaced badly.  And Marvin should be fired this morning.  

1 minute ago, Khatmandude said:

Good, because you know Marvin isn't calling anyone out...especially the QB he's been coddling for years.  Dalton's time has come and gone.  Without a top OC, he's garbage.  He's mentally weak, physically limited....not a good combination for an NFL QB.  

How do you have the weapons the Bengals have and score 9 pts in 2 games with zero TDs?  Makes no sense.  OC and QB need replaced badly.  And Marvin should be fired this morning.  

Well one way to lose is for you super star TE from Notre Dame step out of bounds with no defender within 10 yards.  The one decent drive and WTF.  

4 minutes ago, Khatmandude said:

I'm typically as patient and as loyal as Mike Brown, but I'm officially on the Marvin needs to go the end of this season at the latest if things don't get turned on around. I think there is plenty enough sample size now.

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Well one way to lose is for you super star TE from Notre Dame step out of bounds with no defender within 10 yards.  The one decent drive and WTF.  

Eifert was wide open that whole play, but his MVP Candidate QB couldn't spot him until the last second where the dummy decided to go out of bounds.  It's because that MVP QB looks to his first option, then when not available, freaks out instead of going through progressions.  

14 minutes ago, schotzee said:

I'm typically as patient and as loyal as Mike Brown, but I'm officially on the Marvin needs to go the end of this season at the latest if things don't get turned on around. I think there is plenty enough sample size now.

I know it won't happen but I wouldn't wait for the end of the season.  The bad news there is I don't know who would replace him because the coaching staff has so much incompetent deadwood FOM.  ( Friends of Mike )

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

I know it won't happen but I wouldn't wait for the end of the season.  The bad news there is I don't know who would replace him because the coaching staff has so much incompetent deadwood FOM.  ( Friends of Mike )

Yea , that would be the bad thing if it was before seasons end. I think I would have confidence if it were Guenther however. Mike Zimmer had a lot of confidence in him.

4 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Yep haha between Dunlap, Geno, Burdock, Kirkpatrick, Iloka, so on and so on, I sure am going to miss this group of defensive players when these guys get older and older and retire or move on.

Seriously this franchise will never see another AJ Green or Geno Atkins in our lifetimes, they're once a generation players, i really hope shit gets figured out in the next 2-3 years so we didn't waste 10 years on these guys.

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Good - We have A.J. to replace Andy.

Bad - Their is no replacement for Marvin or OC!

Ugly - We have no replacements for out tackles or even depth at Oline.  

BTW, I hate to say this but we probably win that game with Burfict in.  Watson isn't stiff arming Taze, Burfict would have chewed his arm off. 

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:28 AM, SF2 said:

I was wondering today that if the Bengals turn this thing around with the new OC, do they have to thank Eifert for stepping out of bounds?

There's no chance Zampese gets axed if they won that game if even by the skin of their teeth.

Archived