Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

Bengals cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick after loss to Texans: “We suck”

Curtis Crabtree,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports 7 hours ago 

 

Being shutout to open the season and losing to a rookie quarterback in his first career start four days later is already taking its toll on the Cincinnati Bengals.

After a 13-9 loss to the Houston Texans on Thursday night, Bengals players expressed their frustration with the team’s 0-2 start. Cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick kept his assessment quite simple.

“We suck,” he said, via Jeremy Rausch of FOX 19 in Cincinnati.

Kirkpartrick wasn’t he only one. Rausch also noted an unnamed player yelling in the Bengals locker room “we just lost to the worst team in the league.” (no, we're the worse team in the league.  No touchdowns in two games. HSH)

The Bengals have not scored a touchdown through the first two games of the season. The defense has been plenty good enough. They allowed just 268 yards of offense to the Baltimore Ravens last Sunday and just 266 yards to the Texans on Thursday night. They’ve allowed just 33 points combined through the first two games of the season and yet they find themselves at 0-2 largely due to an anemic offense.

While Baltimore and Houston are far from offensive juggernauts, the defense has carried its weight. The offense has not, scoring just nine points through two games.

With a trip to face the Green Bay Packers on the docket in 10 days, the Bengals are facing the real possibility of an 0-3 start. Any chances they have of competing for a playoff spot this season could be shot before the start of October.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marvin is a ghost.  He isn't even there.  I think the team has zero respect for him and his losing mentality.  They play like it.

 

What I am waiting for is some dissension in the locket room.  Geno is playing at a pro bowl level after two games.  Adam Jones is not known for his patience and tolerance.  And Burfict isn't even back yet.  The defense had given up 20 points in one game, 13 to a rookie quarterback and suck team in the second and our offensive brute is a pudgy journeyman place kicker.  I think its only a matter of time until someone takes a piece of Ogbuhei's or Fisher's ass in the locker room.  I think that is the sort of thing that happens on underachieving ( ? ) teams when the coach is a joke.  Marvin is Black Shula.  And the offensive coordinator sucks, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching Green in the locker room and I have never seen him so obviously irritated. He says it's a super star league and if you want to win you have to get those guys the ball. Shots fired? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good, because you know Marvin isn't calling anyone out...especially the QB he's been coddling for years.  Dalton's time has come and gone.  Without a top OC, he's garbage.  He's mentally weak, physically limited....not a good combination for an NFL QB.  

 

How do you have the weapons the Bengals have and score 9 pts in 2 games with zero TDs?  Makes no sense.  OC and QB need replaced badly.  And Marvin should be fired this morning.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Khatmandude said:

Good, because you know Marvin isn't calling anyone out...especially the QB he's been coddling for years.  Dalton's time has come and gone.  Without a top OC, he's garbage.  He's mentally weak, physically limited....not a good combination for an NFL QB.  

 

How do you have the weapons the Bengals have and score 9 pts in 2 games with zero TDs?  Makes no sense.  OC and QB need replaced badly.  And Marvin should be fired this morning.  

Well one way to lose is for you super star TE from Notre Dame step out of bounds with no defender within 10 yards.  The one decent drive and WTF.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Khatmandude said:

Good, because you know Marvin isn't calling anyone out...especially the QB he's been coddling for years.  Dalton's time has come and gone.  Without a top OC, he's garbage.  He's mentally weak, physically limited....not a good combination for an NFL QB.  

 

How do you have the weapons the Bengals have and score 9 pts in 2 games with zero TDs?  Makes no sense.  OC and QB need replaced badly.  And Marvin should be fired this morning.  

I'm typically as patient and as loyal as Mike Brown, but I'm officially on the Marvin needs to go the end of this season at the latest if things don't get turned on around. I think there is plenty enough sample size now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marvin reminds me of coach Kilmer in Varsity Blues during his last game when the team won't follow him out of the lockerroom.

 

"Ok let's go now boys!" 

ScreenShot2013-10-16at9.02.18PM_crop_nor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Well one way to lose is for you super star TE from Notre Dame step out of bounds with no defender within 10 yards.  The one decent drive and WTF.  

Eifert was wide open that whole play, but his MVP Candidate QB couldn't spot him until the last second where the dummy decided to go out of bounds.  It's because that MVP QB looks to his first option, then when not available, freaks out instead of going through progressions.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, schotzee said:

I'm typically as patient and as loyal as Mike Brown, but I'm officially on the Marvin needs to go the end of this season at the latest if things don't get turned on around. I think there is plenty enough sample size now.

I know it won't happen but I wouldn't wait for the end of the season.  The bad news there is I don't know who would replace him because the coaching staff has so much incompetent deadwood FOM.  ( Friends of Mike )

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

I know it won't happen but I wouldn't wait for the end of the season.  The bad news there is I don't know who would replace him because the coaching staff has so much incompetent deadwood FOM.  ( Friends of Mike )

Yea , that would be the bad thing if it was before seasons end. I think I would have confidence if it were Guenther however. Mike Zimmer had a lot of confidence in him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

That Instagram post is by Carlos Dunlap for anyone unaware of his handle on there

 

"employee96"? That's awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

 

"employee96"? That's awesome. 

Yep haha between Dunlap, Geno, Burdock, Kirkpatrick, Iloka, so on and so on, I sure am going to miss this group of defensive players when these guys get older and older and retire or move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

That Instagram post is by Carlos Dunlap for anyone unaware of his handle on there

 

absolutely_right_zoolander.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Yep haha between Dunlap, Geno, Burdock, Kirkpatrick, Iloka, so on and so on, I sure am going to miss this group of defensive players when these guys get older and older and retire or move on.

Seriously this franchise will never see another AJ Green or Geno Atkins in our lifetimes, they're once a generation players, i really hope shit gets figured out in the next 2-3 years so we didn't waste 10 years on these guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good - We have A.J. to replace Andy.

 

Bad - Their is no replacement for Marvin or OC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Good - We have A.J. to replace Andy.

 

Bad - Their is no replacement for Marvin or OC!

Ugly - We have no replacements for out tackles or even depth at Oline.  

 

BTW, I hate to say this but we probably win that game with Burfict in.  Watson isn't stiff arming Taze, Burfict would have chewed his arm off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SF2 said:

...Burfict would have chewed his arm off. 

 

...surely that would have resulted in a six game suspension...

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:28 AM, SF2 said:

Well one way to lose is for you super star TE from Notre Dame step out of bounds with no defender within 10 yards.  The one decent drive and WTF.  

 

I was wondering today that if the Bengals turn this thing around with the new OC, do they have to thank Eifert for stepping out of bounds?

 

There's no chance Zampese gets axed if they won that game if even by the skin of their teeth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×